Red Deer, AB
Set Red Deer as default location
Current ConditionsWed Apr 01, 15 at 12:00 AM MDT
Sunrise: 7:11 AM
Sunset: 8:07 PM
NW 21 km/h
Pressure: 100.4 kPa
Chance of showers
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Tue Mar 31, 15 at 4:00 PM MDT Tue Mar 31, 15 at 4:00 PM MDT
Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers this evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming northwest 40 gusting to 60 except gusting to 80 in thunderstorms this evening. Low minus 1.
Periods of snow. Amount 5 cm. Local blowing snow in the afternoon. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 increasing to 50 gusting to 70 near noon. High plus 2.
Periods of snow and local blowing snow ending in the evening then cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 50 km/h gusting to 70 becoming north 20 in the evening then light overnight. Temperature steady near zero.
|Periods of snow||Chance of showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud|
8° | -5°
46° | 23°
8° | -6°
46° | 21°
3° | -4°
37° | 25°
4° | -7°
39° | 19°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, and cbc.ca/edmonton.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Breaking Gunman fires several shots, police cordon off part of Grande Prairie
- RCMP have confirmed to CBC News that they're investigating a shooting at a rural location north of Grande Prairie.
- Edmonton transit 'cautiously optimistic' LRT will open in May ... or June
- On Tuesday, LRT construction manager Wayne Mandryk said the new NAIT line will definitely open ... in either late May or early June.
- Temporary foreign workers prepare to leave the country
- Thousands of temporary foreign workers’ permits will expire April 1 and they’ll have to leave the country.
- Dr. Ismail Taher takes the stand to answer to sex assault charges
- An Edmonton doctor took the stand Tuesday to respond to charges that he sexually assaulted a teenaged patient while giving her an examination.
- Trucking companies serving oilsands see business plummet
- Since June 2014, truck operators supplying Alberta’s oilsands region have gone into "survival mode," says company owner.