Red Deer, AB
Set Red Deer as default location
Current ConditionsWed May 06, 15 at 11:00 AM MDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 5:56 AM
Sunset: 9:08 PM
NW 34 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
Chance of rain showers or flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed May 06, 15 at 11:00 AM MDT Wed May 06, 15 at 11:00 AM MDT
Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of snow changing to 60 percent chance of rain showers or flurries near noon. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High plus 4. UV index 4 or moderate.
Mainly cloudy. Clearing after midnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light near midnight. Low minus 3.
Mainly sunny. High 10.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, and cbc.ca/edmonton.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- New Premier-designate Rachel Notley tells industry it'll be 'A-OK'
- After NDP leader Rachel Notley's defeat of a four-decade-old Tory dynasty, the premier-designate spoke to the media this morning.
- Alberta election: Here come the 'I'm moving to Saskatchewan' tweets
- While Alberta gets used to the idea of getting an NDP premier, some residents are apparently planning to move to Saskatchewan — or at least joking about it.
- Rachel Notley: a premier 50 years in the making video
- Rachel Notley was four when her father became NDP leader. He went on to become a legend in Alberta politics. Now his daughter joins his legacy as she prepares becomes Alberta's first NDP premier.
- Alberta NDP election triumph: What people are saying video
- The NDP's historic win in Alberta is being described by many as a message from voters who were fed up with — or seeking to punish — the Progressive Conservative dynasty.
- Alberta election 2015: Energy sector braces for change with NDP win
- The votes are in and Alberta will soon be governed by the NDP for the first time in its history. The province's energy sector is preparing for higher taxes and a likely review of its energy royalty system. Energy investors are already feeling the impact, based on the markets.