Rainbow Lake, AB
Set Rainbow Lake as default location
Current ConditionsThu Aug 28, 14 at 3:00 AM MDT
Sunrise: 6:47 AM
Sunset: 9:10 PM
NNW 11 km/h
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Wed Aug 27, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT Wed Aug 27, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT
Partly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Low 7.
Mainly sunny. High 19. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clear. Low plus 5.
|Mainly sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
20° | 10°
68° | 50°
19° | 7°
66° | 45°
18° | 5°
64° | 41°
18° | 5°
64° | 41°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Thomas Lukaszuk`s $20K cell bill triggered by cabinet minister`s family dispute
- Conservative leadership candidate and former deputy premier Thomas Lukaszuk says he was dealing with legal issues related to a dispute between a cabinet minister and a sibling when he ran up a $20,000 cellphone roaming bill while on holidays in Poland in 2012.
- Fire pit permits suggested as way to manage complaints
- Coun. Scott McKeen and Coun. Bev Esslinger told council Wednesday that the fire pits were an issue last month when air quality was low due to smoke from northern wildfires.
- Late night bus service proposed by city councillor
- Coun. Andrew Knack noticed a need for late night buses after seeing people stranded downtown and on Whyte Avenue after the bars closed.
- Moncton RCMP Const. Dave Ross's dog Danny prepares to head back to work
- When RCMP Const. Dave Ross was gunned down in Moncton this June, one of the lasting images was of his police dog mourning his former handler at the funeral. Now, the German shepherd named Danny is preparing to head back to work.
- Downtown Edmonton improving every year, report says
- The Downtown Business Association says Edmontonians are starting to feel more optimistic about the city’s downtown.