Fort Chipewyan, AB
Set Fort Chipewyan as default location
Current ConditionsWed Mar 12, 14 at 12:00 PM MDT
Feels like: -9
Feels like: 16
Sunrise: 7:50 AM
Sunset: 7:19 PM
ESE 11 km/h
Chance of showers
Freezing rain or rain
Summary(Celsius) Wed Mar 12, 14 at 11:00 AM MDT Wed Mar 12, 14 at 11:00 AM MDT
Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers late this afternoon. Wind southwest 20 km/h. High 6.
Periods of rain changing to freezing rain this evening then to snow overnight. Snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Wind becoming northwest 20 gusting to 40 overnight. Low plus 1.
Snow ending early in the evening then partly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light near noon. Temperature falling to minus 5 in the afternoon.
|Snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Cloudy||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
-6° | -15°
21° | 5°
-3° | -12°
27° | 10°
0° | -4°
32° | 25°
-1° | -5°
30° | 23°
-1° | -8°
30° | 18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Tune in to Edmonton AM weekday mornings for weather news from Stephanie.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11 and on the afternoon radio show Radio Active.
Edmonton related links
- WebcamEdmonton City Centre
- Birds eye view of Edmonton
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- MacEwan University to expand by 30%
- MacEwan University's downtown campus is getting significantly bigger after the province announced it will contribute $30 million to the Centre for Arts and Culture.
- New Deep Earth has oceans' worth of water, $10 diamond reveals
- A dirty, $10 diamond with a prize inside has helped reveal that there are vast quantities of water stored deep inside the Earth.
- New 10 questions about changes to Alberta's school curriculum audio
- Here are 10 questions about changes to Alberta’s school system. Some of the answers may surprise you.
- Brian McKeever falls, gets up, wins Paralympic gold
- Canadian cross-country legend Brian McKeever skied one of the great races in Paralympic history on Wednesday, overcoming an early fall to win gold in the men’s visually impaired 1 km race in Sochi.
- Fake Microsoft help line can fool even 'computer literate' audio
- An Edmonton couple says they were scammed out of more than $600 by a call centre in India pretending to be a help line for software giant Microsoft.