Fort Chipewyan, AB
Set Fort Chipewyan as default location
Current ConditionsWed Aug 27, 14 at 7:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 6:11 AM
Sunset: 8:41 PM
WSW 28 km/h
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Wed Aug 27, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT Wed Aug 27, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT
Clear early this evening then partly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers late this evening and overnight. Risk of a thunderstorm late this evening. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this evening. Low 10.
Clearing near noon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h in the morning. High 18. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 6.
|Clearing||Sunny||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud|
20° | 13°
68° | 55°
19° | 10°
66° | 50°
15° | 8°
59° | 46°
17° | 6°
63° | 43°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- New Critics dispute Lukaszuk’s $20,000 cellphone roaming bill for government business
- Conservative leadership candidate and former deputy premier Thomas Lukaszuk says he was dealing with legal issues related to a dispute between a cabinet minister and a sibling when he ran up a $20,000 cellphone roaming bill while on holidays in Poland in 2012.
- Late night bus service proposed by city councillor
- Coun. Andrew Knack noticed a need for late night buses after seeing people stranded downtown and on Whyte Avenue after the bars closed.
- Downtown Edmonton improving every year, report says
- The Downtown Business Association says Edmontonians are starting to feel more optimistic about the city’s downtown.
- Alberta now forecasting $1.4B budget surplus
- Finance minister Doug Horner said the extra revenue is partly due to higher than expected royalties from oil and gas. But critics think the government is actually running a deficit
- Exclusive PC leadership contender Ric McIver challenged on Skypalace claims
- Progressive Conservative leadership candidate Ric McIver did not “kill” construction of former premier Alison Redford’s so-called Skypalace, despite his repeated claims during his campaign.