Powell River, BC
Set Powell River as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 23, 14 at 5:00 AM PDT
Sunrise: 7:06 AM
Sunset: 7:15 PM
SW 2 km/h
Chance of showers
Rain at times heavy
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 23, 14 at 5:00 AM PDT Tue Sep 23, 14 at 5:00 AM PDT
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers this morning. Rain beginning near noon. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Becoming windy late this morning. High 17.
Rain at times heavy ending overnight then cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Wind southeast 30 to 50 km/h. Low 14.
Showers. Amount 5 mm. Wind southeast 30 to 50 km/h. Temperature steady near 16.
|Showers||Showers||Showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
19° | 14°
66° | 57°
18° | 14°
64° | 57°
19° | 11°
66° | 52°
18° | 10°
64° | 50°
17° | 10°
63° | 50°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
B.C. Weather Features
British Columbia Headlines
- Arbutus Corridor worth $400M: CP Rail CEO E. Hunter Harrison video
- CP Rail has fired another shot in the public relations battle against the City of Vancouver over the future of the Arbutus Corridor — arguing the land is worth well over $400 million.
- Raymond Lee Caissie, 43, charged with murder of Serena Vermeersch video
- Raymond Lee Caissie, a high-risk sex offender who was released from prison last year after serving 22 years for a violent sexual assault, has been charged with the murder of Surrey, B.C., teen Serena Vermeersch.
- Aboriginal tourism operator rebuked for opening burial boxes for travellers
- The actions of an aboriginal tourism operator in British Columbia who gave some travellers access to ancient burial boxes, including revealing the skeletal remains inside, have been condemned by his fellow First Nations.
- Map Where to watch the Fraser River sockeye salmon return audio
- If you're hoping to watch the sockeye salmon jumping as they swim up the Fraser River, you'll want to make some time to head to the water's edge this week.
- B.C. teachers' strike: Public school students back in class today video
- About half a million public school students across B.C. are heading back to school this morning, after teachers approved a contract to end a strike that dates back to before the end of the last school year.