Portage la Prairie, MB
Set Portage la Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsSun Dec 21, 14 at 3:00 PM CST
Feels like: -9
Feels like: 16
Sunrise: 8:29 AM
Sunset: 4:34 PM
SSE 13 km/h
Pressure: 100.2 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sun Dec 21, 14 at 11:34 AM CST Sun Dec 21, 14 at 11:34 AM CST
Mainly cloudy. Fog patches dissipating early this afternoon. High zero.
Overcast. Temperature steady near minus 2.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind becoming north 30 km/h in the evening. Temperature steady near zero.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-3° | -4°
27° | 25°
-5° | -7°
23° | 19°
-7° | -10°
19° | 14°
-17° | -19°
1° | -2°
-20° | -24°
-4° | -11°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We’ll see little change in the weather pattern heading toward Christmas day. Expect occasional flurries into Sunday and light snow on Monday. No big accumulations but roads could be tricky for travelling at times as we approach Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Temperatures will also be mild for this time of year with -2s on my forecast sheet for Sunday and Monday, then a cooling trend on Christmas Day. By the way, the Winter Solstice occurs on Sunday afternoon at 5:03.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: S @ 20/25 in the morning. SSE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NE @ 10/15 in the morning. N @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Blog 5 things to watch for as Jets face off against the Flyers
- Five things to consider before the Jets battle it out with the Flyers on Sunday night's game in Winnipeg.
- Winnipeg pedestrian, 21, dead after hit and run video
- A 21-year-old Winnipeg man is dead after he was hit by a dark-coloured truck while trying to cross Inkster Boulevard at McGregor Street on Friday.
- Fire destroys garage in Winnipeg's East Kildonan
- A fire ravaged a garage in Winnipeg's East Kildonan, leaving bikes, lawn chairs and other belongings destroyed.
- Snow-covered roads across southern Manitoba
- Freezing drizzle is adding to slippery driving conditions, and between the Trans-Canada Highway and Riding Mountain National Park fog is reducing visibility on the drive.
- Winnipeg shoebox drive brings Christmas cheer to North End kids
- Santa Claus doled out shoeboxes filled with Christmas goodies to kids in Winnipeg's North End Saturday.