Portage la Prairie, MB
Set Portage la Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsWed Sep 03, 14 at 1:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 6:51 AM
Sunset: 8:14 PM
SSW 7 km/h
Pressure: 100.7 kPa
A few showers or thunderstorms
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 02, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Tue Sep 02, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
A few showers or thunderstorms ending early this evening then clearing. Low 9.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy in the afternoon. High 22. UV index 4 or moderate.
Cloudy. Showers at times heavy beginning near midnight. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light late in the evening. Wind becoming northwest 30 gusting to 50 before morning. Low 12.
|Mainly cloudy||Periods of rain||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
19° | 7°
66° | 45°
20° | 6°
68° | 43°
22° | 6°
72° | 43°
23° | 10°
73° | 50°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Wednesday will be a repeat of Tuesday as far as the weather is concerned. We’ll have some sun in the morning, then cloudy skies and scattered showers in the afternoon followed by a steady rain in the late evening and overnight. I’m seeing 15-20mm on the Canadian model for Late Wednesday through to Thursday afternoon. Thursday will also be quite windy.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: E @ 10 in the morning. E @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Cyclist killed on Manitoba road was raising money for charity
- A Toronto cyclist who was struck and killed by a vehicle outside of Brandon last night was biking across Canada for charity.
- Students prepare for classes in swapped St. Vital schools video
- More than 600 students in Winnipeg's South End will be starting the academic year off in different buildings after the Louis Riel School Division (LRSD) swapped the locations of two schools.
- Winnipeg protest holds up traffic on Portage Avenue
- Traffic was backed up Tuesday at rush hour as protesters calling for a national inquiry into Canada's missing and murdered aboriginal women walked down Portage Avenue near Polo Park.
- Max Hall, ex-Blue Bombers QB, arrested on drug charges
- Former Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Max Hall was arrested last week on suspicion of shoplifting and narcotics possession, the Arizona Republic reported.
- Pilots snap photos of killer whales near Churchill
- A pod of killer whales made a rare appearance in Hudson Bay near Churchill on Tuesday.