Portage la Prairie, MB
Set Portage la Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsWed Sep 17, 14 at 4:00 AM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:12 AM
Sunset: 7:44 PM
N 12 km/h
Pressure: 101.6 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Sep 17, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT Wed Sep 17, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT
Mainly cloudy. Clearing late this afternoon. High 13. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Low 6.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon then 60 percent chance of showers in the evening. Risk of a thunderstorm in the evening. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the morning. High 21.
|Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
21° | 16°
70° | 61°
21° | 10°
70° | 50°
22° | 11°
72° | 52°
21° | 6°
70° | 43°
24° | 6°
75° | 43°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
It’s back to sunshine for the entire province on Wednesday along with a cooler high of 16 in southern sections of the province. It will be much cooler in the north behind that cold front. We do warm up to 20 on Thursday and 24 on Friday but there is some instability along with that warmer air. Computer forecast models suggest showers Thursday night into Friday morning with clearing on Friday and a warm high of 24 degrees. It does look like we’ll have a warmer weekend this time around across southern Manitoba with highs Saturday and Sunday around 20 to 21 degrees.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NE @ 20/25 in the morning. NE @ 20 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 20 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- New Sacred fire planned at human rights museum to highlight First Nations water issues video
- A group of First Nations people plans to light a sacred fire near the Canadian Museum for Human Rights in Winnipeg to educate visitors about how many indigenous communities don't have access to clean drinking water.
- Winnipeg mayoral forum tackles food security issues
- Six of Winnipeg's seven mayoral candidates gave voters some food for thought at a forum dedicated to food security issues on Tuesday evening.
- Winnipeg programs aim to steer young refugees away from gangs video
- Children from refugee families are at risk of getting involved with Winnipeg's gangs, but one former gang member says programs that help newcomers to Canada are helping kids steer clear of crime.
- Mike Vogiatzakis, Hazem Aslan don't make Winnipeg mayoral ballot video
- Two of Winnipeg's mayoral candidates are no longer in the running, as they didn't collect enough signatures in time for the city's nomination deadline this afternoon.
- Insurance broker's errors blamed for lost benefits video
- A Winnipeg woman wants compensation for what she says are mistakes made by her life insurance broker that cost her thousands of dollars in lost benefits.