Portage la Prairie, MB
Set Portage la Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsThu Sep 03, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 39
Feels like: 102
Sunrise: 6:50 AM
Sunset: 8:15 PM
SSE 21 km/h
Pressure: 100.5 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Sep 03, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Thu Sep 03, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clear. Becoming partly cloudy this evening. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low 21.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon with risk of thunderstorms. Wind becoming north 20 km/h in the morning. High 28.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers in the evening with risk of thunderstorms. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light late in the evening. Low 18.
|Chance of showers||Showers||Showers||Cloudy||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
A heat warning is in effect again for southern Manitoba. Temps across the south will be in the 30s again today… that’s once the cloud clears. The low level cloud with us this morning formed south of the border and drifted northovernight. The cloud deck is sitting at about 600 feet so it’s a little gloomy. It will clear from the southeast this afternoon and the temps will shoot up accordingly. Dew points are in the low 20s which represents a whole bunch of humidity. Humidex values will be over 40 where the temps rise. The change happens Friday with afternoon and evening rain along with embedded thunderstorms. Saturday will be a better day to be outside with a sun/cloud mix and occasional showers but mostly later in the day. That rain intensifies Saturday night. Then Sunday is a “soaker” with periods of rain and winds getting gusty. Labour Day looks cloudy and windy with scattered showers and a cooler 18 degree high in the afternoon.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SE @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: SE @ 15 in the morning. ESE @ 25/30 the afternoon.
Saturday: WNW @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NE @ 20/25 in the morning. E @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- New Manitoba man dies after plunge from bridge into Ontario's Lake of the Woods
- Ontario Provincial Police in Kenora say a 48-year-old Manitoba man has died after jumping from the Keewatin Bridge into Lake of the Woods in Kenora, Ont. on Sunday evening.
- Brandon University adds gender-neutral campus washrooms
- Gender-neutral washrooms are becoming more common on campuses across the country, and now, Brandon University is no exception.
- Manitoba's Syrian community demands changes to Canada's refugee process
- Members of Manitoba's Syrian community are urging the Canadian government to allow more refugees into the country, especially in light of the drowning deaths of two boys and their mother who were trying to come to Canada as refugees.
- Winnipeg police seek person of interest in downtown apartment mail thefts
- Winnipeg police are looking for a person of interest after mail was stolen from at least 11 apartment buildings in the city's downtown and West End areas last month.
- Manitoba Hydro names interim CEO Darren Rainkie
- Manitoba Hydro named Darren Rainkie as its interim president and CEO on Thursday, as outgoing CEO Scott Thomson prepares to leave the company.