Portage la Prairie, MB
Set Portage la Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsWed Dec 07, 16 at 2:00 AM CST
Feels like: -18
Feels like: -0
Sunrise: 8:18 AM
Sunset: 4:32 PM
WNW 36 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Periods of snow and blowing snow
Summary(Celsius) Tue Dec 06, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Tue Dec 06, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Blizzard. Snowfall amount 5 cm except 10 cm near lake Manitoba. Wind north 50 km/h gusting to 70. Low minus 7.
Periods of snow and blowing snow. Amount 5 cm near lake Manitoba. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 4.
Periods of light snow and blowing snow. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 12.
|Periods of snow and blowing snow||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Conditions won’t change much Wednesday with a NW wind at 40/60 all day. The snow lets up on Wednesday afternoon so I can change the wording to “flurries with blowing snow” later in the day. We may see some sun on Thursday but we’ll likely continue to see lake effect flurries close to the lakes. Friday will be mainly sunny but very cold. Daytime highs will be around -17 on Friday and stay quite cold over the weekend and into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NW @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: W @ 10/15 in the morning. SW @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Tom Jackson sings for snow-stuck travellers in Virden, Man. video
- It may have been cold and snowy outside, but inside a recreation centre in Virden, Man., it was warm with new friendships and the entertainment of Tom Jackson and his band.
- Closure of Trans-Canada forces travellers to hunker down for the night
- The town of Virden, Man., prepared to house dozens of people, including truck drivers and musician Tom Jackson, stranded due to a winter storm that is bearing down on the southern Prairies.
- Recap Jets let Wings slip away video
- Henrik Zetterberg scored the deciding goal in the shootout with a backhand as the Detroit Red Wings came back from a two-goal deficit to beat the Winnipeg Jets 4-3 Tuesday.
- Former AFN national chief moves into medicinal marijuana business
- A former national chief of the Assembly of First Nations has moved into the medicinal marijuana business.
- Tania Marsden cold case investigators ask for help identifying 5 people video
- Members of the RCMP and Winnipeg police say they have executed a search warrant in connection with the 1998 death of Tania Marsden, and they're looking for five people who may have more information.