Portage la Prairie, MB
Set Portage la Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 26, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 8:13 AM
Sunset: 6:21 PM
SSE 21 km/h
Pressure: 101.7 kPa
Periods of drizzle
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 26, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Oct 26, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT
Periods of drizzle ending this evening then cloudy. Fog patches developing near midnight. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light early this evening. Low zero.
Overcast. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h early in the afternoon. High 12.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Wind southeast 20 km/h. Low 8.
|Overcast||Showers||Sunny||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As of noon, the main band of rain associated with the low crossing the central part of the province is moving east into Ontario. What is left behind for us to enjoy….a cloudy, breezy afternoon with a high of 8 degrees in the south. The same low is bringing wet snow or a rain/snow mix to most of the north today and tonight. It’s a real wintry mix of conditions as you travel north. Rain/snow, drizzle and fog just north of the lakes and into Thompson… then wet snow farther north in regions like Lynn Lake. The western sections of central Manitoba along the Saskatchewan/Manitoba border between Yorkton and Roblin are getting 20-30mm of rain today. South of the lakes on Thursday, the sun will try to make an appearance but there is another low forming to the west which will bring more low cloud and rain to the region on Friday. Friday will also bring winds out of the northwest gusting to 50km/h. Saturday’s high in Winnipeg… just 5 degrees.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 10/20 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 10/15 in the morning. W @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Remand centre inmate who died after struggle was a 'friendly giant'
- The family of a father of two who died after a struggle at Winnipeg's remand centre wants answers about the circumstances of his death.
- Video SUV cuts through hedge, slams into house in Winnipeg video
- A Winnipeg homeowner had quite a shock when a sport-utility vehicle slammed into her home on Jubilee Avenue over the noon hour.
- Council approves growth fees in the face of legal threats from developers
- Winnipeg is going ahead with Mayor Brian Bowman's growth fees in spite of warnings of impending legal action from developers and complaints from a minority of councillors about last-minute changes to the plan.
- 7 Manitobans honoured with medals for acts of courage
- A Winnipeg man who was shot in the Dominican Republic while protecting visiting Manitoba students from armed intruders is getting a Star of Courage.
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority projects higher deficit
- The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is projecting a deficit that's one-third higher than what was estimated in the last fiscal year, but officials say there's nothing to worry about right now.