Portage la Prairie, MB
Set Portage la Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsFri Nov 28, 14 at 6:00 AM CST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 8:05 AM
Sunset: 4:37 PM
E 5 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
Chance of flurries
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Fri Nov 28, 14 at 5:00 AM CST Fri Nov 28, 14 at 5:00 AM CST
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries this morning and early this afternoon. Periods of snow beginning this afternoon. Amount 2 cm. High minus 11.
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Temperature steady near minus 11.
Periods of snow ending near noon then cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Becoming partly cloudy in the evening. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming north 30 km/h in the morning. Temperature falling to minus 17 in the afternoon. Wind chill minus 27.
|Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Cloudy||Sunny||Sunny|
-15° | -22°
5° | -8°
-13° | -27°
9° | -17°
-10° | -18°
14° | -0°
-15° | -20°
5° | -4°
-7° | -19°
19° | -2°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Light snow or flurries will continue off and on through Friday as we “soar” to -10 (normal high is -6). The temperature will continue to rise slightly Friday night into Saturday… then fall Saturday afternoon to about -14. Saturday is also a cloudy and windy day with flurries and occasional light snow. Sunday, it’s back to the deep freeze with sunshine, highs around -19 and high wind chills as well.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: E @ 10/15 in the morning. E @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Sunday: SW @ 15 in the morning. W @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- New Wolves worry Manitoba sled dog owners after string of attacks
- Sled dog owners near The Pas have been on alert lately because wolves have been preying on their animals.
- Winnipeg man sending money home to relatives in Sierra Leone video
- A Winnipeg man who lost over a dozen family members to Ebola is sending money to Sierra Leone to help support his remaining three relatives.
- Top 5 things to do in Winnipeg this weekend (Nov. 28-30)
- There’s this thing called an arctic chill that has settled in over Winnipeg, and now that you’ve had a horribly long week braving the cold, I think you deserve some warmth and fun inside somewhere.
- Canad Inns forced to pay back management fees
- A legal battle started by the receiver for the Crocus Investment Fund is not the first time Leo Ledohowski and his company, Canad Inns, have been challenged by a shareholder. CBC News has learned that the hotel chain's parent company has been ordered to pay back almost $2 million to a shareholder.
- St. Vital area next to get Canada Post community mailboxes
- Winnipeg's St. Vital area will be the next neighbourhood to get Canada Post community mail boxes.