Portage la Prairie, MB
Set Portage la Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 27, 16 at 5:00 AM CDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:27 AM
Sunset: 7:20 PM
WNW 15 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 27, 16 at 5:00 AM CDT Tue Sep 27, 16 at 5:00 AM CDT
Mainly sunny. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h this morning. High 17. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clear. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low plus 2.
Mainly sunny. High 18.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Winds do drop off into Tuesday morning. Tuesday is a breezy day but only up to 30km/h in the morning. High pressure at the surface will result in sunshine and light winds by Wednesday. Temps heat up into the 20s again for Friday and Saturday. The coming weekend will be much better for getting outside and enjoying the colours of fall.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 20/30 in the morning. N @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: Light Wind in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Group campaigns to help Shamattawa rebuild, starting with its youth
- A trio of people who care deeply for Shamattawa First Nation have started a campaign to support the community’s youth through mentorship with a goal of preventing further tragedies.
- Man jailed for hiding his children in Mexico for 4 years to be sentenced for sexual assault
- A Winnipeg man who made national headlines for abducting his two children and hiding them in Mexico for four years will be sentenced on Tuesday after pleading guilty to sexual assault.
- Refugee advocates worry about rent costs as more than 900 refugees set to arrive
- Resettlement agencies are gearing up for another wave of refugees, many of them coming from Syria. More than 900 are set to arrive, but the head of the Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council says permanent affordable housing will be very hard to find unless a rent supplement under the former NDP government is reinstated.
- American democrats in Manitoba gather to watch 1st U.S. presidential debate video
- Dozens of Americans living in Manitoba showed up to watch the first U.S. presidential debate Monday night. Millions of viewers tuned in to watch Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton face off with Republican candidate Donald Trump in New York, including several here in Winnipeg.
- Winnipeg doubles size of upper echelon of public service
- Winnipeg's chief administrative officer has expanded the upper echelon of the city's public service to have six officers report directly to him instead of three.