Portage la Prairie, MB
Set Portage la Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsFri Mar 06, 15 at 6:00 PM CST
Sunrise: 7:07 AM
Sunset: 6:22 PM
WSW 11 km/h
Pressure: 101.1 kPa
A few flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Mar 06, 15 at 4:00 PM CST Fri Mar 06, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
A few flurries ending this evening then clearing. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming northwest 20 this evening. Low minus 12.
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of flurries late in the afternoon. High minus 2.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries in the evening. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h near midnight. Low minus 7.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
6° | -3°
43° | 27°
7° | -2°
45° | 28°
4° | -5°
39° | 23°
1° | -8°
34° | 18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As of noon we are already at -3 at the airport and -2 downtown. The temperature will continue to rise slowly through the late afternoon and evening to about zero by 10pm in the Red River Valley. Clouds also thicken up through the day. Then the cold front goes through. There is a band of snow mixed with rain and possibly freezing rain just ahead of the front. The winds will also pick up and gust to about 50km/h this evening. Temps fall to -13 behind the front and the temperature will struggle a little on Saturday. We should be able to get back to -5, perhaps -4 in the afternoon. A warm front moves through with a wimper on Saturday late afternoon and evening bringing some more flurries or light snow to the southeast. Sunday’s high, -1. Monday is the warmer day at +4 and Tuesday is also above zero at +2. The second half of next week is slightly cooler than the first couple of days but still close to seasonal springlike conditions. Don’t forget to change your clocks ahead one hour this weekend. It’s also a good time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 20 the morning. SW @ 20/25 the afternoon.
Monday: SW @ 20 in the morning. SW @ 15 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg man considered radical extremist by CSIS, his father says video
- A career member of Canada’s armed forces says CSIS has informed him his 23-year-old son is now considered a radical extremist. He worries his son could be swept up when new anti-terror legislation comes into force.
- MAP What would the proposed property tax hike look like for Winnipeg homeowners?
- Using the city's average household assessment figures, this map illustrates just how much the average homeowner in each school division catchment area will pay in additional municipal property tax if the budget is adopted as proposed.
- Updated Frontage levy hits low-income earners hardest: Winnipeg councillor video
- The City of Winnipeg tabled its proposed 2015 operating and capital budget Tuesday, and one city councillor says it unfairly impacts low income homeowners the most.
- Missing woman, 28, last seen in Winnipeg's Garden City area
- Winnipeg police are asking for the public's help finding 28-year-old Melissa Guiboche.
- Meeting about Kapyong Barracks urban reserve draws hundreds video
- Hundreds of people gathered Thursday night to talk about the future of Kapyong Barracks, the old military base in Winnipeg that has sat empty since 2004 and remains tangled in a court battle.