Peace River, AB
Set Peace River as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 24, 14 at 10:00 AM MDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Feels like: 25
Feels like: 77
Sunrise: 5:37 AM
Sunset: 10:14 PM
NE 14 km/h
Pressure: 100.3 kPa
A few showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 24, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT Thu Jul 24, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of showers this morning. A few showers beginning near noon. Risk of a thunderstorm. Amount 5 to 10 mm. High 22. UV index 4 or moderate.
Showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Wind north 20 km/h. Low 14.
A few showers ending early in the evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light early in the evening. High 18.
22° | 13°
72° | 55°
25° | 12°
77° | 54°
27° | 13°
81° | 55°
28° | 12°
82° | 54°
29° | 13°
84° | 55°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Parents can now name Alberta children who died in care
- On Wednesday, cabinet approved Bill 11, which lifts the automatic publication ban on children “who have come to the attention” of the director of children services.
- Health executive involved in illegal political donations
- A Health Quality Council of Alberta board member was involved in illegal political donations to the provincial Progressive Conservative party using public money before he was named to the board, documents obtained through freedom of information show.
- New Garlic spray tested on mosquitoes in Leduc video
- Made up of 99.3 per cent garlic juice, the spray is an organic, natural product that isn’t harmful to humans, animals or other insects.
- Edmonton family out $1,500 after furniture store closed
- An Edmonton family says they are out $1,500 after trying to buy patio furniture from a business that they say unexpectedly closed its doors.
- Elk Island National Park cameras capture elusive black bears
- People usually come to Elk Island National Park to catch a glimpse of bison — but these days, there’s a chance you might also spot a black bear.