Ekati (Lac de Gras), NT
Set Ekati (Lac de Gras) as default location
Data from Environment Canada is not available
|Data from Environment Canada is not available|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Kale in the Arctic: Inside an igloo greenhouse that could inspire fresh food production in the North
- Fresh food is very costly in the North because much of it has to be flown in at great expense. But a cutting-edge, igloo-shaped greenhouse in the community of Naujaat, Nunavut, located right on the Arctic Circle, is defying the harsh climate to produce peas, kale, carrots, turnips, lettuce, tomatoes and other fresh goodies. The breakthrough could save residents a bundle.
- Wildfire disrupts Snare hydro transmission lines to Yellowknife
- A city-wide power outage in Yellowknife this afternoon was caused by a wildfire affecting transmission lines from the Snare hydro system.
- Yukon gov't minister ignored watchdog to hand out $1.3M contract
- Government documents show that Economic Development Minister Stacey Hassard decided no competition was necessary for a major telecommunications contract.
- Yukon now has territory-wide 911 service
- The emergency service can now be accessed through any Yukon landline, or by mobile phone where cell service exists. Until now, 911 has only been available in the Whitehorse area.
- In Depth N.W.T. legal aid's refusal to help human rights complainants 'systematically discriminating'
- The N.W.T. government's legal aid office was wrong to refuse a disabled Yellowknife woman a lawyer to help her argue human rights complaints, an adjudicator has found.