Set Mayo as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jul 30, 14 at 10:00 AM PDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 5:10 AM
Sunset: 11:10 PM
NNW 16 km/h
Pressure: 101.7 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jul 30, 14 at 5:00 AM PDT Wed Jul 30, 14 at 5:00 AM PDT
A mix of sun and cloud. 40 percent chance of showers this morning and early this afternoon. Wind northeast 20 km/h. High 14. UV index 4 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low plus 5.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming sunny in the morning. High 17.
|Mainly sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
20° | 9°
68° | 48°
20° | 10°
68° | 50°
24° | 10°
75° | 50°
26° | 11°
79° | 52°
24° | 12°
75° | 54°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yellowknife should aid stranded truckers: Alex Debogorski
- Yellowknife truck driver Alex Debogorski says the lack of aid for truckers stranded in the city by Highway 3 fire closures is a missed opportunity for the city to promote itself through goodwill. Meanwhile, further
- First Nations divided on new Financial Transparency Act video
- First Nations across Canada are divided in their reactions to a federal government act that requires bands to post financial information, including salaries, online. Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development says it will "increase accountability in First Nations governance."
- Arctic cruise ship runs into engine trouble off Greenland
- Repairs to the Sea Adventurer, the ship formerly known as the Clipper Adventurer, are expected to take two weeks. The vessel was scheduled to arrive in Canada on July 30.
- NTI candidates must show criminal records check
- Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. is tightening its election rules by making everyone who runs for an executive position provide a criminal records check. But RCMP say the process to get that paperwork can take several months.
- GNWT says mould in homes doesn't pose health hazard
- The territorial health department says research has yet to establish a link between mould and health problems but according to Health Canada, there's plenty of research showing that mould causes health problems.