Set Lloydminster as default location
Current ConditionsSat Dec 07, 13 at 7:00 AM MST
Feels like: -45
Feels like: -49
Sunrise: 8:20 AM
Sunset: 4:03 PM
SW 21 km/h
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sat Dec 07, 13 at 7:40 AM MST Sat Dec 07, 13 at 7:40 AM MST
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness early this afternoon. Wind southwest 30 km/h. High minus 21. Extreme wind chill minus 44.
Partly cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 23. Wind chill minus 33.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming southwest 20 early in the evening. Temperature steady near minus 24. Wind chill minus 36.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-15° | -24°
5° | -11°
-21° | -24°
-6° | -11°
-22° | -27°
-8° | -17°
-21° | -26°
-6° | -15°
-23° | -28°
-9° | -18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Tune in to Edmonton AM weekday mornings for weather news from Stephanie.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11 and on the afternoon radio show Radio Active.
Edmonton related links
- WebcamEdmonton City Centre
- Birds eye view of Edmonton
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Potentially damaging Jackpine oilsands mine expansion OK'd by Ottawa
- Shell Canada's Jackpine oilsands mine expansion plan has received the go-ahead from Ottawa, despite the environment minister's view that it's "likely to cause significant adverse environmental effects."
- Extreme wind chill values prompt warning video
- Extreme wind chill values below -40 C have prompted Environment Canada to issue a warning for the City of Edmonton and the capital region.
- Premier Alison Redford shuffles cabinet
- A number of ministers have been moved to new jobs and some have been demoted in a cabinet shuffle announced late Friday afternoon by Alberta Premier Alison Redford.
- How Nelson Mandela found inspiration in Canada video
- Canada bestowed its highest accolades and even honorary citizenship upon Nelson Mandela, and the legendary freedom fighter often described the country as a source of inspiration throughout his struggle for racial equality in South Africa.
- EPS approves hijab for Muslim officers' uniforms
- Female officers in the Edmonton Police Service will be allowed to wear police-issued hijab headscarves while in uniform.