Set Kimmirut as default location
Current ConditionsTue Feb 09, 16 at 4:00 AM EST
Feels like: -37
Feels like: -35
Sunrise: 7:50 AM
Sunset: 3:58 PM
NNE 13 km/h
Chance of flurries
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Tue Feb 09, 16 at 5:00 AM EST Tue Feb 09, 16 at 5:00 AM EST
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 22. Wind chill minus 36.
Mainly cloudy. Periods of snow beginning this evening. Amount 2 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 24 with temperature rising to minus 19 by morning. Wind chill minus 32.
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40. High minus 17. Wind chill minus 29.
|Periods of snow||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Iqaluit family of 6 that spent 3 months living in a tent gets a home
- Alison Nakoolak and her family spent three months living in a tent in Iqaluit. They now have a home of their own.
- RCMP close off part of Gjoa Haven due to 'high risk situation'
- RCMP are asking residents in Gjoa Haven to stay away from the 200 block area as officers deal with a "high risk situation."
- Yukon Quest 2016: Sass holds lead, 1 musher drops out
- Yukon Quest champ Brent Sass still holds a slight lead on day 3 of the sled dog race from Fairbanks, Alaska, to Whitehorse.
- 8-year-old Yellowknifer learns ancient Chinese poetry
- Two parents in Yellowknife are determined to pass on their Chinese culture and language to their Canadian-born son and they're doing it through stories and poems that are thousands of years old.
- N.W.T.'s Buffalo Airways mourns beloved shop dog, Jojo
- After 15 years on patrol in Buffalo Airways' Yellowknife hangar, Jojo the shop dog has said his last farewell. The rescue dog was well known to fans of Ice Pilots NWT. Despite all the attention, he never quite managed to shed his grouchy demeanour.