Set Kimmirut as default location
Current ConditionsThu Aug 21, 14 at 3:00 PM EDT
Sunrise: 4:55 AM
Sunset: 8:30 PM
SE 8 km/h
Pressure: 102.6 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 21, 14 at 4:00 PM EDT Thu Aug 21, 14 at 4:00 PM EDT
Mainly cloudy. Clearing after midnight. Fog at times. Wind becoming south 20 km/h this evening. Low 7.
Mainly sunny. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light in the morning. High 15. UV index 4 or moderate.
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Low 10.
|Mainly sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
12° | 6°
54° | 43°
11° | 5°
52° | 41°
10° | 5°
50° | 41°
8° | 5°
46° | 41°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Stephen Harper announces northern research program
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced a new research program that will develop and commercialize cold-climate technology during the kick-off of his ninth annual northern tour in Whitehorse, Yukon.
- Photos Snowfield fined $40K for abandoned N.W.T. mining camp
- Vancouver-based Snowfield Developments has been fined $40,000 and ordered to pay about $212,908 to cover the cost of cleaning up its exploration camp 60 km from Yellowknife.
- Gwich’in Tribal Council gets clean audit for 2014
- An independent auditor presented a clean audit to the Gwich’in Tribal Council general assembly in Inuvik, but delegates still have questions about financial mismanagement.
- Beluga cam captures Churchill's playful, 'magical' whales
- Beluga whales are proving to be charming participants in the latest webcam project of explore.org as it livestreams the animals where the Churchill River meets Hudson Bay in northern Manitoba.
- RCMP in Cape Dorset arrest man with firearm without injury
- Part of Cape Dorset was cordoned off this morning while RCMP dealt with an armed man. The man has surrended to police and RCMP say charges are pending.