Set Kimmirut as default location
Current ConditionsThu Mar 05, 15 at 2:00 AM EST
Feels like: -36
Feels like: -33
Sunrise: 6:32 AM
Sunset: 5:10 PM
NNW 15 km/h
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Wed Mar 04, 15 at 4:00 PM EST Wed Mar 04, 15 at 4:00 PM EST
A few clouds. Wind becoming north 20 km/h before morning. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 42.
Mainly sunny. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light early in the morning. High minus 23. Wind chill minus 36.
Clear. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light before morning. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 42.
-26° | -31°
-15° | -24°
-26° | -32°
-15° | -26°
-24° | -29°
-11° | -20°
-24° | -28°
-11° | -18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Arctic Council leaders want more indigenous representation
- Housing, mental health and high costs of living are a few items on the agenda of Arctic Council meetings underway in Whitehorse.
- Franklin expedition's HMS Erebus to be examined by dive teams in April
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper says the next step in the expedition to examine and document HMS Erebus will begin next month, when teams of navy divers and Parks Canada underwater archeologists will plunge beneath the Arctic ice to investigate the sunken ship.
- CRTC rules Northwestel must reduce DSL internet rates 10-30%
- The CRTC has ruled that telecom provider Northwestel must reduce household low-speed Internet rates by between 10 and 30 per cent depending on the rate plan. Northwestel will not be allowed to raise Internet rates until the end of 2017, and only with CRTC approval.
- Photos Winning photo from Yukon hair freezing contest goes global
- The contest has been running for years, but this year's winning submission has attracted attention like never before.
- Unlocked doors, security blind spots at N.W.T. women's facility: report
- The Fort Smith correctional centre from which two women escaped six years ago still had a number of safety and security gaps in recent years, according to Tuesday's Auditor General of Canada report on the territory's corrections system.