Set Kimmirut as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 27, 16 at 3:00 PM EDT
Sunrise: 6:37 AM
Sunset: 6:24 PM
SSE 8 km/h
Pressure: 102.1 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 27, 16 at 11:00 AM EDT Tue Sep 27, 16 at 11:00 AM EDT
A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 3.
Mainly cloudy. Low plus 1.
Mainly cloudy. High 6.
|Mainly cloudy||Chance of showers||Periods of rain||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Tuk mayor pens letter of concern about 'insufficient' barge recovery
- The mayor of Tuktoyaktuk is sounding off about the efforts, or lack thereof, to recover a grounded barge about 25 kilometres north of the community — and he says it's a warning that they're not prepared for disasters at sea.
- Gahcho Kué food contract terminated days after mine opens
- Just days after the grand opening of Gahcho Kué Diamond Mine, a key contractor on site has terminated its contract with De Beers.
- No autopsy for Alberta woman found dead near Yukon hunting camp
- Police say the woman was reported missing from a hunting camp near Beaver Creek on Saturday. Her death is not considered suspicious.
- Inuit women's groups ask for apology after senator accuses them of racism
- Two women's groups in Nunavut are calling for an apology from the territory's senator, after he suggested they may have racist motivations in their reaction to the selection of commissioners for the inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls.
- 4-time Iditarod champ Lance Mackey out of 2017 race
- Organizers of the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race say four-time champion and cancer survivor Lance Mackey has dropped out of next year's nearly 1,600-kilometre race because of health reasons.