Set Kimmirut as default location
Current ConditionsMon Oct 24, 16 at 7:00 AM EDT
Feels like: -12
Feels like: 10
Sunrise: 7:52 AM
Sunset: 4:55 PM
N 9 km/h
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Mon Oct 24, 16 at 5:00 AM EDT Mon Oct 24, 16 at 5:00 AM EDT
Sunny. Wind becoming north 20 km/h this morning. High minus 9.
A few clouds. Wind north 20 km/h. Low minus 12.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind north 20 km/h. High minus 6.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New One year later, did IServeU serve anybody?
- One year after Yellowknifers voted in a city councillor backed by an e-democracy site, IServeU is still not up and running. But all hope may not be lost — a spokesman for IServeU says it's launching a test site Oct. 31.
- Unilingual Inuit in Ottawa seniors' homes need translators, argues Nunavut MLA
- Nunavut's Health Minister says he's looking for way to provide full-time translation services for uniligual Inuit elders who move to Ottawa because of a lack of in-territory facilities, as some residents wait more than 1,000 days for a placement.
- Feature Is Yellowknife ready to reckon with its toxic legacy?
- Though recent scientific research shows that much of the arsenic that went up the stacks is still in the water, sediment and soil, officials and governments have yet to reckon fully with the environmental and human risks.
- Officer charged after racist comments over death of Inuk artist Annie Pootoogook
- Ottawa police Sgt. Chris Hrnchiar has been charged with two counts of discreditable conduct under the Police Services Act after making racist comments online about the death of Inuk artist Annie Pootoogook.
- Drums come to life for Behchoko, N.W.T., youth
- The youth camp to create drums from scratch is expected to run for four weeks and will be capped off with a community dance using the newly crafted instruments.