Set Kimmirut as default location
Current ConditionsMon May 25, 15 at 5:00 PM EDT
Feels like: -11
Feels like: 12
Sunrise: 3:12 AM
Sunset: 10:01 PM
W 16 km/h
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Mon May 25, 15 at 4:00 PM EDT Mon May 25, 15 at 4:00 PM EDT
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of light snow. Low minus 8.
Light snow ending late in the afternoon then cloudy. Amount 2 cm. High minus 1.
Mainly cloudy. Low minus 9.
|Light snow||Chance of flurries||Periods of snow||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New 2 boys arrested after hit-and-run sends 82-year-old to hospital
- Two boys have been arrested in Whitehorse after a hit-and-run that sent an 82-year-old man to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Nunavut legislature spring sitting: 5 things to watch for
- Discussions about standardizing the Inuktitut language in Nunavut schools and updates on a Nunavut university are expected during the spring sitting of the Nunavut legislative assembly, which begins Tuesday afternoon.
- Carcross, Yukon, RCMP officer under investigation for assault
- A Yukon RCMP officer is being investigated after allegedly assaulting a man being transported in a police vehicle on May 15.
- Fighter jets fly north for NORAD Exercise Amalgam Dart
- North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) is launching its largest Arctic exercise in years today, with hundreds of military personnel and more than a dozen aircraft scattered across the Arctic for the week-long drill.
- Companies walked away from N.W.T.'s Tundra mine with gov't consent
- Five years ago the federal government awarded a $43-million contract for remediating the Tundra mine site to two companies owned by the Tlicho Investment Corporation. The contract was expected to last until 2015.