Set Charlottetown as default location
Current ConditionsMon Mar 02, 15 at 8:00 AM AST
Feels like: -10
Feels like: 14
Sunrise: 6:51 AM
Sunset: 5:59 PM
SSE 20 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Periods of snow
A few flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Mar 02, 15 at 5:00 AM AST Mon Mar 02, 15 at 5:00 AM AST
Periods of snow. Amount 5 cm. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light late this morning. Wind becoming northwest 30 gusting to 50 this afternoon. High zero.
A few flurries ending after midnight then clearing. Amount 2 cm. Local blowing snow. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 increasing to 50 gusting to 70 after midnight. Low minus 16. Cold wind chill minus 27.
Mainly sunny. Wind northwest 50 km/h gusting to 70 diminishing to 30 gusting to 50 in the afternoon then becoming light in the evening. High minus 9. Cold wind chill minus 30.
|Mainly sunny||Periods of snow||Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
2° | -11°
36° | 12°
1° | -1°
34° | 30°
-9° | -18°
16° | -0°
-4° | -14°
25° | 7°
-3° | -9°
27° | 16°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Prince Edward Island Headlines
- New Cars burn in warehouse fire
- About three dozen cars, trucks, camper vans and motorcycles were destroyed in a fire in Brackley Beach on P.E.I.'s North Shore over the weekend.
- New Climate diaries aid researchers, educate public
- The UPEI Climate Lab is looking for Prince Edward Islanders to keep climate diaries to help with their research.
- Hard winter causing trouble for sea ducks
- A Maritime wildlife rehabilitation centre is noticing a dramatic increase in the number of sea ducks and other water fowl that are being affected by this winter's high winds and heavy snowfall.
- Asian demand for Canadian lobster on the rise, prices not so much: fisherman
- Canadian lobster exports to Asia are growing but one lobster fisherman says that hasn't had much impact on Maritime shore prices.
- FORECAST Peter Coade's weather forecast for March 2, 2015
- A low-pressure system is responsible for a fresh blanket of snow covering much of the Maritimes Monday.