Set Charlottetown as default location
Current ConditionsWed Apr 23, 14 at 9:39 PM ADT
Sunrise: 6:12 AM
Sunset: 8:09 PM
ESE 26 km/h
Pressure: 99.9 kPa
Chance of showers
Periods of rain or snow
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 23, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT Wed Apr 23, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Periods of rain beginning overnight. Amount 5 mm. Fog patches. Wind east 20 km/h becoming northeast 30 gusting to 50 near midnight. Low plus 4.
Periods of rain changing to periods of snow mixed with ice pellets in the afternoon. Rainfall amount 10 to 15 mm. Local snow and ice pellet amount 2 to 4 cm. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature falling to plus 1 in the afternoon.
Periods of snow mixed with ice pellets ending in the evening then cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Local snow and ice pellet amount 2 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature steady near zero.
|Periods of rain or snow||Sunny||Sunny||Cloudy||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Cloudy|
9° | -1°
48° | 30°
10° | 2°
50° | 36°
4° | 1°
39° | 34°
4° | 1°
39° | 34°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Prince Edward Island Headlines
- Buffer zone pilot project lauded, criticized
- The Prince Edward Island government unveiled a pilot project on Wednesday to allow more trees to be cut on land close to waterways, but the buffer zone law is getting mixed reviews from landowners.
- P.E.I. golf course opens for the season
- For Island golfers anxious to dust off their clubs, there is one course that has opened for the season.
- Kerry Campbell: In the House, April 23, 2014
- The CBC's Kerry Campbell reports from the P.E.I. Legislature.
- 2 addictions treatment positions filled on P.E.I.
- Prince Edward Island has filled two new front-line positions in addictions treatment.
- Maritime flooding fears grow as rainfall warnings issued
- Rainfall warnings blanket the Maritimes as a low-pressure system moves northward, prompting fears that flooding could worsen.