Set Aklavik as default location
Data from Environment Canada is not available
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sun Dec 08, 13 at 4:00 PM MST Sun Dec 08, 13 at 4:00 PM MST
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 28.
Clearing in the morning. Temperature steady near minus 27.
Clear. Temperature steady near minus 28.
-19° | -25°
-2° | -13°
-22° | -26°
-8° | -15°
-28° | -29°
-18° | -20°
-27° | -29°
-17° | -20°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Video Yellowknife speedskating club celebrates 35 years video
- The Yellowknife Speed Skating Club is marking a milestone, celebrating its 35th year at the same time that one of its alumni is off to the Winter Olympics.
- Potentially damaging Jackpine oilsands mine expansion OK'd by Ottawa
- Shell Canada's Jackpine oilsands mine expansion plan has received the go-ahead from Ottawa, despite the environment minister's view that it's "likely to cause significant adverse environmental effects."
- Salvation Army donations on track in Whitehorse
- Donations at The Salvation Army in Whitehorse are up this year, and that's largely thanks to its kettle campaign.
- Ross River bridge granted a temporary reprieve
- The Yukon government is putting the demolition of the suspension bridge at Ross River on hold to get a second opinion on the health of the historic structure.
- RCMP raid Yellowknife drug dens
- N.W.T. RCMP say they executed search warrants on several "drug dens" in Yellowknife Friday morning.