Set Aklavik as default location
Current ConditionsMon Mar 10, 14 at 9:00 AM MDT
Feels like: -45
Feels like: -49
Sunrise: 9:43 AM
Sunset: 8:38 PM
NW 5 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Mon Mar 10, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT Mon Mar 10, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT
Mainly sunny. High minus 25.
Clear. Increasing cloudiness before morning. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h overnight. Low minus 28. Wind chill minus 41.
Periods of snow ending early in the evening then clearing. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind southeast 20 km/h. High minus 17. Wind chill minus 38.
|Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-12° | -21°
10° | -6°
-14° | -22°
7° | -8°
-7° | -17°
19° | 1°
-6° | -11°
21° | 12°
-10° | -14°
14° | 7°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Hay River hockey mom charters a plane to cheer at AWG
- Louise Schumann chartered a plane for 120 parents from the Northwest Territories and Nunavut to go and cheer on their kids at the Arctic Winter Games in Fairbanks, Alaska later this month.
- Yukon man pleads guilty on bison hunt charges
- Micah Olesh of Dawson City, Yukon, has been fined and banned from hunting for at least five years because of events on a bison hunt two years ago.
- Robbie Watt goes online to support Inuit gay rights audio
- An openly gay man living in Kuujjuaq, Que. has launched a Facebook page to support LGBT people across the Arctic after some controversial comments by elected officials in Iqaluit, Nunavut.
- George Stroumboulopoulos to host Hockey Night in Canada next season
- Rogers Communications has announced George Stroumboulopoulos will become the new host of Hockey Night in Canada next season when the company takes control of Canada's NHL broadcasting rights next season.
- Nunavut MLA questions use of casual employment contracts
- On Friday, Iqaluit-Tasiluk MLA George Hickes questioned whether enough Inuit are being hired in full-time jobs in the Nunavut government, one of the territory's biggest employers.