Island Lake, MB
Set Island Lake as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 22, 14 at 8:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:59 AM
Sunset: 6:07 PM
SSE 15 km/h
Pressure: 100.7 kPa
Periods of rain
Periods of rain
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 22, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Oct 22, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Increasing cloudiness. Periods of rain beginning after midnight. Low 8.
Periods of rain. Amount 5 mm. High 13.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 7.
|Periods of rain||Showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries or rain showers||Chance of flurries|
6° | 5°
43° | 41°
5° | -1°
41° | 30°
3° | 0°
37° | 32°
1° | -4°
34° | 25°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Wednesday (election day), and we’ve already had some of the showers I was forecasting for today. We’re not done yet. There is a good chance for a few scattered showers this afternoon and evening as winds gradually drop off through the later part of the day. I have even seen some lightning strikes across the south. We’ll get to 16 degrees today and the mild weather continues through the next couple of days as well. We have a slight chance for an early morning shower on Thursday before a return to brighter skies in the afternoon. Temperatures will cool slightly for the weekend but remain well above normal. Next week brings a reality check as far as temperatures are concerned.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: S @ 30/40 in the late afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 15 in the morning. SW @ 15 in the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10 in the morning. WSW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 25 in the morning. WNW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Live Bowman takes over lead in Winnipeg mayoral race video
- Brian Bowman is taking the lead in Winnipeg's mayoral race tonight, with the margin between him and former NDP MP Judy Wasylycia-Leis starting to widen.
- Early poll results: Harvey Smith behind in Daniel McIntyre ward race
- Early poll results put Harvey Smith behind at least two other candidates in the race to become city councillor for the Daniel McIntyre ward.
- Early poll results: Thomas Steen far behind in bid for Elmwood council seat
- Early poll results put incumbent Thomas Steen behind candidate Jason Schreyer for the race to be Elmwood-East Kildonan's next city councillor.
- 100 attend vigil for six dead babies found in storage locker
- About a hundred people attended a vigil for the six infants whose remains were discovered inside a U-Haul storage locker on Monday.
- Ottawa shooting: Harper, Mulcair speak about attack video
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Opposition Leader Tom Mulcair gave speeches Wednesday evening in the wake of a shooting on Parliament Hill in Ottawa that left one member of the Canadian Forces dead.