Island Lake, MB
Set Island Lake as default location
Current ConditionsThu May 28, 15 at 9:00 AM CDT
UV: 6 (High)
Sunrise: 4:59 AM
Sunset: 9:33 PM
ENE 8 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Periods of rain
Periods of rain or snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu May 28, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT Thu May 28, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness this afternoon then periods of rain. High 16. UV index 6 or high.
Periods of rain changing to light snow before morning. Wind becoming north 20 km/h late this evening. Low zero.
Periods of light snow ending in the morning then cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries late in the afternoon. Wind northwest 20 km/h. Temperature steady near zero.
|Periods of light snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Thursday will be a little unstable again in the afternoon. The rain starts before that though with scattered showers in the morning and the risk of thunderstorms in the afternoon. A lot of this rain will head north into The Interlake region. Behind this system, a much cooler air mass settles in for a couple of days. I’m expecting temperatures to hover around 12 or 13 on Friday along with a gusty and cold wind. Saturday, winds calm down as the sunshine gets us back to 16 degrees. Then on Sunday for the RCAF Run and The Teddy Bear’s Picnic, a mix of sun and cloud with a high 18. Early morning temperatures will be cool though at around 8 degrees. There is a slight chance for a shower or two on Sunday evening.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NE @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 30/50 the morning. NW @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 20 in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
- Kerri Irvin-Ross to announce how CFS will cope without housing kids in hotels
- Child and Family Services Minister Kerri-Irvin Ross will announce today 80 new staff, 90 new emergency shelter spaces and 750 new foster homes. The increases eliminate the need for hotels to house children in need of care by the deadline of June 1.
- New Centreventre sells St. Regis Hotel, plans for parkade and retail
- The once-troubled St. Regis Hotel in downtown Winnipeg has been sold to an Ontario developer that plans to turn it into a parkade and a retail complex.
- Fireworks display not OK with Kilcona dog park users
- Some Winnipeg pet owners are worried about a fireworks display set to go off right next to a dog park.
- Fire engulfs Charleswood garage, damages neighbouring one video
- Two garages in Winnipeg's Charleswood area were damaged by fire on Wednesday night.
- Scattered showers, possible storms roll into southern Manitoba video
- After a sunny Wednesday, some showers and possibly storms are on tap for Thursday in Winnipeg.