Island Lake, MB
Set Island Lake as default location
Current ConditionsWed Mar 04, 15 at 5:00 AM CST
Feels like: -38
Feels like: -36
Sunrise: 7:01 AM
Sunset: 6:00 PM
NNW 12 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Wed Mar 04, 15 at 5:00 AM CST Wed Mar 04, 15 at 5:00 AM CST
Clearing early this morning. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 18. Wind chill minus 36 this morning and minus 28 this afternoon.
A few clouds. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 28. Wind chill minus 36.
A mix of sun and cloud. 40 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h near noon. High minus 9. Wind chill minus 37.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Periods of snow||Periods of snow||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
-6° | -17°
21° | 1°
-5° | -23°
23° | -9°
-9° | -19°
16° | -2°
-2° | -13°
28° | 9°
-7° | -18°
19° | -0°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Could this be winter’s last gasp for the season??? Wednesday’s high is -17 but there won’t be quite as much wind as Tuesday. Still… fairly cold and uncomfortable if you aren’t dressed for the weather. Thursday, the wind turns around in the afternoon to the south which signifies a change in our weather pattern. We go from a high on Thursday afternoon of -10 to a low Friday morning of -11 and then all the way to -1 Friday afternoon. Temps will be close to that over the weekend and well into next week. By the way, we turn our clocks forward this weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NW @ 25/30 in the morning. WNW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20 the morning. S @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10/15 in the morning. WSW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- New Froese family prepares to say goodbye to four brothers
- The Froese family will say goodbye Wednesday to four brothers who died when their home in Kane, Man. went up in flames on Feb. 25.
- Bowman's budget 'too expensive' for some families, but road money 'long overdue' video
- Some low-income Winnipeggers fear they won't be able to afford Brian Bowman's first budget as mayor.
- Winnipeggers to pay more: taxes, garbage fees and transit video
- The City of Winnipeg is planning for balanced books this year thanks in part to a 2.3 per cent property tax increase, an increase in fees and pulling money from the city’s stabilization reserve fund.
- Exclusive York University fails to support sex assault victims, woman says video
- A Winnipeg woman says she won't go back to York University in Toronto until it can guarantee her safety.
- Outcry over Vince Li decision disappoints Morden man who lost wife, son
- Seeing the latest headlines about Vince Li opens old wounds for George Penner, whose wife and son were killed 35 years ago by a neighbour suffering from a psychotic episode. But Penner says he's disappointed in the latest public outcry over Li's rehabilitation.