Island Lake, MB
Set Island Lake as default location
Current ConditionsSun Feb 14, 16 at 2:00 AM CST
Feels like: -29
Feels like: -20
Sunrise: 7:42 AM
Sunset: 5:24 PM
SSE 18 km/h
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sat Feb 13, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Sat Feb 13, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Clear. Increasing cloudiness before morning. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 23. Wind chill minus 33.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h in the morning. High minus 11. Wind chill minus 30 in the morning.
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low minus 19.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Cloudy||Periods of snow|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
A clipper type low will push across the prairies and bring a few cms of snow across southern MB Saturday night into Sunday. Sunday is a cloudy and rather windy day and we really start to get milder (-6) along with more occasional light snow or flurries through the day. It’s back to a mix of sun and cloud on holiday Monday with a high close to seasonal at -7. Mid week brings another mini cold snap followed by another warm up and a cloudy second half of the week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: S @ 30/40 in the morning. S @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Recap Jets beat Oilers in Ondrej Pavelec's return
- Andrew Ladd scored the shootout winner as the Winnipeg Jets came away with a 2-1 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday.
- Manitoba Outdoors Show takes over Red River Exhibition Place in Winnipeg
- Hundreds of people descended on Red River Exhibition Place for the Manitoba Outdoors Show and the Manitoba Man Show.
- Calli Vanderaa, teen shot with stolen RCMP gun, sues police
- The Winnipeg teenager who was shot and seriously wounded with a stolen RCMP gun last fall is suing the RCMP.
- Valentine's Day: Why the digital age hasn't ended our love affair with card-giving
- Does a love note sound any less sweet if sent via text? Around Valentine’s Day, most people seem to think so. An estimated 40 million Valentine’s cards are exchanged in Canada each year, and the digital age doesn't seem to be slowing sales.
- Pedestrian sent to hospital after North End crash
- A man in his 40s is recovering after being hit by a vehicle while crossing the road in the North End of Winnipeg, police say.