Island Lake, MB
Set Island Lake as default location
Current ConditionsWed Aug 20, 14 at 1:00 PM CDT
UV: 6 (High)
Feels like: 32
Feels like: 90
Sunrise: 6:05 AM
Sunset: 8:39 PM
SE 11 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Aug 20, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Wed Aug 20, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Sunny. High 29. UV index 6 or high.
Clear. Low 18.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon then 60 percent chance of showers in the evening. Risk of a thunderstorm in the evening. High 27.
|Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
19° | 14°
66° | 57°
14° | 11°
57° | 52°
12° | 9°
54° | 48°
13° | 9°
55° | 48°
16° | 9°
61° | 48°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Friday, we are in the warm, moist sector of the low that passes through central Manitoba. Expect a scorcher on Friday. I’m forecasting 32 degrees with dewpoints up around 20 to 22 degrees…. so very humid and very unstable! Later on Friday the cold front moves through which could just be the trigger for some big storms. Right now it looks like those would happen later in the afternoon and evening on Friday. Saturday is slightly cooler with lower humidity levels.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 15 in the afternoon.
- Tina Fontaine: Winnipeg police go door to door for answers
- Police officers canvassed the West End of Winnipeg Wednesday, knocking on doors and engaging neighbourhood residents in hopes to find out more about the death of Tina Fontaine, the 15-year-old girl whose body was recovered from the Red River in a bag Sunday.
- Gord Steeves pledges changes to photo radar in construction zones
- Winnipeg mayoral candidate Gord Steeves is proposing an overhaul of how the city hands out photo radar tickets in construction zones.
- Travel journalists from around world descend on Winnipeg
- Travel journalists from around the world are checking out the city for the first time as part of a travel media show aimed at selling Winnipeg to tourists.
- Photos Winnipeg artist fights stereotypes about aboriginal people
- Winnipeg artist KC Adams wants you to change how you look at indigenous people. Tired of negative remarks directed at indigenous people of Winnipeg, Adams aims to illustrate that you can't judge a book by its cover through a portrait series she calls "Perception."
- Tina Fontaine, slain teen, struggled with father's beating death video
- As police in Winnipeg seek answers about the death of Tina Fontaine, family members say they tried to get help for the 15-year-old, who had struggled with her father's violent death three years ago.