Island Lake, MB
Set Island Lake as default location
Current ConditionsSat May 28, 16 at 7:39 AM CDT
Sunrise: 4:58 AM
Sunset: 9:34 PM
ENE 14 km/h
Pressure: 102.2 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Sat May 28, 16 at 5:00 AM CDT Sat May 28, 16 at 5:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers this afternoon. High 9.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening. Rain beginning after midnight. Amount 5 mm. Low 6.
Rain. Amount 5 to 10 mm. High 9.
|Rain||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Into the weekend, expect cloudy skies Saturday for ‘The Ride For Dad’ along with a few showers in the morning, then a more steady rain in the afternoon covering most of the south. Get the yard work or the golf game done early. Sunday for ‘The Teddy Bears Picnic’, another generally cloudy day with a few sunny breaks and a chance for some showers… but certainly not a wash-out. it’s a rain or shine event. See you there as I’ll be at the main stage with my friend and colleague Marjorie Dowhos. We’ll even see some clearing later in the day. Monday looks like a fairly dry and pleasant day, then another low travels along the Jet Stream and right over southern Manitoba on Tuesday bringing more showers and possibly storms. The middle of next week looks generally wet.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: Light Wind in the morning. N @ 25 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 Wind in the afternoon.
Monday: Light Wind in the morning. S @ 10 in the afternoon.
- City of Winnipeg in deficit position, for now
- The City of Winnipeg is heading toward a year-end deficit of $4.8 million — but city officials expect that red ink to turn black once all the accounts for 2016 are settled.
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's visit to Winnipeg draws protesters
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will be greeted by dozens of protesters in Winnipeg on Saturday when he attends the Liberal Biennial Convention where 2,500 members of the Liberal party have been gathering since Thursday.
- 'Rushed' assisted-dying legislation to face strong opposition in the Senate audio
- The Liberal government's doctor-assisted dying legislation will face strong resistance in the Red Chamber, not only from the Tories, But from the very senators expected to help usher the bill through the Senate.
- MMIW inquiry should be headed by Indigenous women, report says
- The federal government has released a summary of what it heard from victim's families and advocates during the consultation phase ahead of an inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women.
- Winnipeg fire crews called to flames in St. Boniface
- The cause of the fire is still being investigated.