Set Summerside as default location
Current ConditionsWed Mar 12, 14 at 11:00 AM ADT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:34 AM
Sunset: 7:15 PM
WSW 15 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Chance of flurries
Snow at times heavy and blowing snow
Summary(Celsius) Wed Mar 12, 14 at 11:00 AM ADT Wed Mar 12, 14 at 11:00 AM ADT
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness this afternoon then 40 percent chance of flurries late this afternoon. High plus 1. UV index 3 or moderate.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Snow at times heavy beginning this evening. Amount 15 cm. Blowing snow overnight. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 increasing to 50 gusting to 80 after midnight. Low minus 8.
Ice pellets changing to flurries in the afternoon. Risk of freezing rain in the morning and early in the afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 2 to 4 cm. Blowing snow late in the afternoon and in the evening. Wind northeast 60 km/h gusting to 90 becoming north 60 gusting to 80 near noon. High minus 4 with temperature falling to minus 10 in the afternoon.
|Ice pellets or snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of snow||Periods of snow|
-6° | -12°
21° | 10°
5° | -10°
41° | 14°
2° | -5°
36° | 23°
-4° | -7°
25° | 19°
-5° | -8°
23° | 18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Prince Edward Island Headlines
- New Don't put those shovels away: Winter storm eyes East Coast
- There's no sign yet of winter loosening its grip on Atlantic Canada.
- Construction worker shortage warning for P.E.I.
- P.E.I. might not have enough construction workers in the coming years, according to a new report.
- P.E.I. business briefed on airport service future
- A top official from Air Canada will meet with P.E.I. business owners Wednesday about the future of service out of Charlottetown Airport.
- North Rustico revitalizes tourism landscape
- The North Shore P.E.I. town of North Rustico is gathering together funding to make its waterfront more attractive to tourists.
- Lightfoot, Adams, Keith playing Summerside this spring
- Summerside's Credit Union Place is gearing up for what may be the busiest week in the facility's history this spring.