Set Summerside as default location
Current ConditionsMon Dec 09, 13 at 8:00 AM AST
Feels like: -15
Feels like: 5
Sunrise: 7:47 AM
Sunset: 4:29 PM
WNW 9 km/h
Pressure: 103.2 kPa
A few flurries
Snow or ice pellets
Summary(Celsius) Mon Dec 09, 13 at 5:00 AM AST Mon Dec 09, 13 at 5:00 AM AST
A few flurries ending this morning then a mix of sun and cloud. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light this morning. High minus 4.
Cloudy. Snow beginning this evening then changing to ice pellets then changing to periods of rain before morning. Risk of freezing rain overnight. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature rising to zero by morning.
Periods of rain ending in the morning then mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries in the evening. Wind becoming west 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the morning. High plus 2 with temperature falling to minus 2 in the afternoon.
|Chance of flurries or rain showers||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Flurries|
-6° | -6°
21° | 21°
-12° | -13°
10° | 9°
-14° | -16°
7° | 3°
-9° | -14°
16° | 7°
-6° | -10°
21° | 14°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Prince Edward Island Headlines
- New HPV vaccine sees strong uptake
- P.E.I.'s Chief Health Officer is pleased with the number of children on the Island who have received the HPV vaccine.
- New Top 10 targets for car thieves
- Six P.E.I. police officers and a member of the motor vehicles branch received special training last week to combat auto theft, including which models are most likely to be stolen.
- Dragons' Den-like contest to fund francophone businesses
- Francophone entrepreneurs on P.E.I. are being invited into a Dragons’ Den-like contest.
- Crumbling Summerside, P.E.I., drug house to be bulldozed
- A crumbling house in Summerside, used as a drug hangout for young Islanders that has also brought pests into the neighbourhood, will soon be bulldozed.
- 6th pedestrian hit by vehicle in Halifax this week
- A 31-year-old woman was taken to hospital after the sixth pedestrian-vehicle collision in the Halifax Regional Municipality since Monday.