Hay River, NT
Set Hay River as default location
Current ConditionsSat Nov 28, 15 at 1:00 PM MST
Feels like: -10
Feels like: 14
Sunrise: 9:18 AM
Sunset: 3:45 PM
S 7 km/h
Pressure: 101.3 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sat Nov 28, 15 at 11:00 AM MST Sat Nov 28, 15 at 11:00 AM MST
Mainly cloudy. High minus 4.
Partly cloudy. Low minus 7.
Mainly sunny. High minus 2.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Video NutraPonics wants to build aquaculture test facility in Yukon
- An Alberta entrepreneur was in Whitehorse this week pitching an idea for Arctic food supply. Tanner Stewart's company, NutraPonics, designs self-contained aquaculture units that raise fish and vegetables using the same water.
- The pass system: another dark secret in Canadian history
- The pass system was in effect for 60 years on reserves across western Canada. It meant that any First Nations person who wanted to leave their community, for any reason, had to have a pass approved by the reserve's Indian agent that they would carry with them, stipulating the leave's purpose and duration.
- Recreation, Parks Association of Yukon optimistic about $1M prize
- A group in the running for a prize worth up to $1 million believes in the power of recreation to make communities better places. "We really believe in the benefits of recreation to rural and remote communities in the North," says the executive director of the Recreation and Parks Association of the Yukon.
- Fort Smith, N.W.T., mourns the loss of 'Santa MacClaus'
- The town of Fort Smith, N.W.T., is mourning the loss of Duncan MacPherson, a.k.a Santa MacClaus, who died last week in Arizona doing what he loved most - working on his sleigh.
- Q+A Adult colouring book trend going strong
- They're topping the best-seller lists and winning more and more new fans. But while some people sharpen their pencil crayons, others scratch their heads at the adult colouring book trend. CBC pop culture columnist Tara McCarthy fills us in.