Set Igloolik as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 24, 14 at 7:00 AM EDT
Feels like: -34
Feels like: -29
Sunrise: 4:44 AM
Sunset: 10:07 PM
W 24 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 24, 14 at 5:00 AM EDT Thu Apr 24, 14 at 5:00 AM EDT
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries early this morning. Clearing this morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late this morning. High minus 14. Wind chill minus 30.
Clear. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late this evening. Low minus 23. Wind chill minus 32.
Mainly sunny. High minus 14.
-18° | -24°
-0° | -11°
-12° | -28°
10° | -18°
-11° | -23°
12° | -9°
-9° | -13°
16° | 9°
-9° | -12°
16° | 10°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- N.W.T. seeks Fred Henne beach supervision proposals
- The N.W.T. Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment is asking for proposals for supervision at the beach at Fred Henne Territorial Park in Yellowknife.
- Igloolik, Nunavut filmmakers turn the lens on suicide
- Marie-Hélène Cousineau, co-founder of Arnait Video Productions in Igloolik, says the group is now working on a feature film called Sol, prompted by the death of a friend by suicide a year and a half ago.
- Air Tindi crash survivor/rescuer to get bravery award video
- Sheldon Catholique will receive a medal for bravery this week for saving the life of Bernice Marlowe after their Air Tindi flight crashed near Lutsel K’e in 2011.
- Yukon woman on Team Brazil at world curling championships
- A woman who immigrated from South America to the Yukon is now at the Mixed Doubles World Curling Championships in Scotland playing for Team Brazil.
- Nunavut Commissioner honours survivors of 1994 boat wreck
- It’s been 20 years since a walrus hunting trip near Iqaluit, Nunavut turned into an emergency survival situation. Now two survivors, Pitseolak Alainga and Billy Kownirk, have been recognized for their bravery.