Set Gimli as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jul 22, 14 at 12:00 PM CDT
UV: 8 (Very High)
Sunrise: 5:41 AM
Sunset: 9:28 PM
NNW 17 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jul 22, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Tue Jul 22, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Wind becoming north 20 km/h early this afternoon. High 25. UV index 8 or very high.
Partly cloudy. Becoming clear this evening. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 11.
Sunny. High 25.
|Sunny||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny|
25° | 13°
77° | 55°
25° | 17°
77° | 63°
26° | 16°
79° | 61°
27° | 15°
81° | 59°
29° | 15°
84° | 59°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
High pressure dominates the weather pattern in the eastern prairies for the next couple of days. That means a breeze out of the north to northwest today with sunny skies and sunshine again for Wednesday with light winds as the high sits right over southern Manitoba. Thursday will also be sunny but I’m tracking another low that will bring some showers through the province late on Thursday and into Friday morning. The timing could change on that frontal passage so I’ll keep a close eye on it as we approach the weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: Light Wind in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 20 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 20 in the morning. SW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- New Argentina zoo rejects moving polar bear to Winnipeg
- Argentina's last captive polar bear will remain in the country despite a petition by hundreds of thousands of people asking that he be moved to Canada.
- Hamilton man changed identity to run from sex charges: police
- Hamilton police are renewing their efforts to track down a man wanted on decades-old sex assault charges – but he has so far evaded capture by changing his identity.
- Updated Norway House man shot by RCMP to be released from hospital video
- Manitoba Justice has ordered an independent special investigations unit to look into the shooting of a First Nations man by RCMP.
- Manitoba motorcyclist killed in crash near Maple Creek, Sask.
- A man from Steinbach, Man., is dead after his motorcycle crashed on the Trans-Canada Highway in southwest Saskatchewan.
- Assiniboine Park's 'Grandma Elm' diseased, cut down video
- An old elm tree in Winnipeg's Assiniboine Park, known as 'Grandma Elm' was cut down on Tuesday morning due to Dutch Elm Disease.