Set Gimli as default location
Current ConditionsWed Aug 20, 14 at 11:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 28
Feels like: 82
Sunrise: 6:23 AM
Sunset: 8:39 PM
SSE 13 km/h
Pressure: 100.8 kPa
Showers or thunderstorms
Summary(Celsius) Wed Aug 20, 14 at 10:45 PM CDT Wed Aug 20, 14 at 10:45 PM CDT
Mainly cloudy. Showers with a few thunderstorms beginning near midnight and ending before morning. Amount 20 mm in thunderstorms. Low 18.
Cloudy. Showers beginning late in the morning. Risk of thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 24. UV index 3 or moderate.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms in the evening. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h after midnight. Low 16.
|Showers||Showers||Chance of showers||Rain||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud|
17° | 11°
63° | 52°
15° | 10°
59° | 50°
15° | 9°
59° | 48°
16° | 7°
61° | 45°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Friday, we are in the warm, moist sector of the low that passes through central Manitoba. Expect a scorcher on Friday. I’m forecasting 32 degrees with dewpoints up around 20 to 22 degrees…. so very humid and very unstable! Later on Friday the cold front moves through which could just be the trigger for some big storms. Right now it looks like those would happen later in the afternoon and evening on Friday. Saturday is slightly cooler with lower humidity levels.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 15 in the afternoon.
- Vigil held for Hillary Angel Wilson, 5 years after her death
- A small group of people gathered to remember 18-year-old Hillary Angel Wilson in Winnipeg Wednesday night, five years after she was found dead.
- Brandon jail inmate's escape prompts internal review video
- Manitoba corrections officials will conduct an internal review after an inmate escaped from the jail in Brandon and fled to Saskatchewan without staff knowing of the jailbreak for hours.
- Missing teen Pretty Plume Cobiness found safe audio
- The mother of 15-year-old Pretty Plume Cobiness, who was returned home safely on Wednesday after being missing for almost a week, says she was afraid it was her daughter's body that was pulled out of the Red River.
- Mayoral hopefuls take aim at business tax, 311 service
- Mayoral hopefuls made a slew of announcements Wednesday ranging from promises to put up photo radar signs in construction zones to lowering the business tax to streamlining services at 311.
- Photos Portrait series fights stereotypes about aboriginal people video
- A Winnipeg visual artist wants to change how aboriginal people are viewed with Perception, a photo series that shows portraits of Winnipeggers with and without racist labels.