Set Gimli as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 17, 14 at 10:00 PM CDT
Feels like: -9
Feels like: 16
Sunrise: 6:30 AM
Sunset: 8:25 PM
ENE 2 km/h
Pressure: 102.9 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 17, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Thu Apr 17, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clear. Low minus 10.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h in the morning then increasing to 40 gusting to 60 late in the afternoon. High plus 5. UV index 6 or high.
Cloudy. Rain beginning early in the evening then changing to snow at times heavy after midnight. Risk of freezing rain before morning. Rainfall amount 5 mm. Snowfall amount 5 cm. Wind southeast 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 late in the evening. Low zero.
|Increasing cloudiness||Periods of snow||Sunny||Chance of flurries or rain showers||Sunny||Sunny|
9° | -11°
48° | 12°
9° | -3°
48° | 27°
11° | -1°
52° | 30°
11° | 0°
52° | 32°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m watching a couple of disturbances over the long weekend that appear to hit us in the south in the later hours of Friday and again on Sunday. The first one arrives late Friday night into Saturday morning. It will bring wet snow mixed with rain overnight into the morning hours on Saturday…. then taper to showers through the day. We may even see some clearing in the late afternoon. Easter Sunday starts as a bright day, but again, cloud rolls in through the evening and another batch of rain moves through. It looks like the precip with this one will stay in the liquid form. We’ll clear up Monday afternoon. Temps Sunday through Tuesday…. not as warm as I originally thought but still right around seasonal.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. SE @ 30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. W @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. SE @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- RCMP led on 90-minute car chase through southern Manitoba
- RCMP officers went on a high-speed chase through Headingley and down Highway 230 Thursday night.
- Hotline gets Manitoba tip on Edmonton kid gone 7 years
- Lucas Degerness was 14 when he was last seen in Prince George seven years ago. Two weeks ago, a help line for Missingkids.ca was contacted by someone claiming to be him.
- Manitoba confirms 7th case of measles
- Manitoba health officials have reported a sixth and seventh case of measles, this time involving a man in his 40s and a woman in her 30s.
- Red River College faces $2M shortfall as another manager leaves video
- Manitoba's largest college is facing a $2-million budget shortfall as it loses its 12th senior official in the past three years.
- Manitoba ombudsman to probe Tory accusation of email cover-up
- Manitoba's NDP government has shot down an opposition demand for an inquiry into the actions of a former cabinet minister.