Set Gimli as default location
Current ConditionsWed May 06, 15 at 3:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 23
Feels like: 73
Sunrise: 5:54 AM
Sunset: 8:55 PM
SE 20 km/h
Pressure: 100.9 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed May 06, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed May 06, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Rain with risk of a thunderstorm. Amount 10 mm. Wind southeast 30 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 11.
Rain ending late in the afternoon then cloudy. Amount 5 mm. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h early in the afternoon. High 14 with temperature falling to plus 3 in the afternoon.
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness after midnight. Wind northwest 30 km/h. Low minus 3.
|Rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As I write this, the main band of rain is approaching the international border. The rain I’ve had in my forecast since Friday is arriving pretty much on schedule. Between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday evening, latest indications (RPM model 4K resolution) are that Winnipeg will pick up between 15 and 20mm but there will be pockets of enhanced rainfall amounts across the south so I’ve been saying generally 20-30mm across the south in that time period. Behind this system, the south really cools down. We’ll even see falling temps on Thursday behind the cold front which passes the Red River Valley at around 11am. (earlier in the west) Winds will be gusty Wednesday from the southeast and gusty and cold from the northwest on Thursday. On the north side of the low, it’s WINTER! A snowfall warning is in effect for Lynn Lake, Tadoule Lake, and Churchill for up to 20cm of snow through Thursday. There is also a winter storm warning in effect for most of the north including the city of Thompson.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: SE @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 30/50 the morning. N @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Garden City high school mourns 2 students after suicides
- Garden City Collegiate students are in mourning after two young people killed themselves within days of each other.
- Updated Manitoba investigates death of infant in CFS care
- A four-month-old girl has died while in the care of a Manitoba child and family services agency this week, according to the chief of Sagkeeng First Nation.
- Smoking costs Manitoba $244M per year: study
- Smoking is costing Manitoba’s health care system about $244 million per year, according to a new study from the University of Manitoba.
- Binscarth school evacuated after massive house fire nearby
- A massive house fire tore through a home in Binscarth, Man., on Tuesday forcing the evacuation of a nearby school.
- Man, 21, arrested after car rips through skatepark, caught on video video
- Police have arrested a 21-year-old man after a car tore through a Winnipeg skatepark and baseball diamond, hitting one person.