Set Gimli as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 18, 14 at 1:00 PM CST
Feels like: -14
Feels like: 7
Sunrise: 8:25 AM
Sunset: 4:24 PM
S 8 km/h
Pressure: 102.5 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 18, 14 at 11:00 AM CST Thu Dec 18, 14 at 11:00 AM CST
Increasing cloudiness this afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 km/h this afternoon. High minus 8.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of light snow late this evening and overnight. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 13.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of light snow in the morning and afternoon. High minus 6.
|Periods of light snow||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
-4° | -10°
25° | 14°
-2° | -9°
28° | 16°
2° | -4°
36° | 25°
-9° | -9°
16° | 16°
-12° | -15°
10° | 5°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Another fairly sunny day here in the south but there is some thicker cloud trying to work it’s way into the province from the southwest. There is also a gradual warm up in the works for the coming days. On Friday, we’ll see some light flurries but nothing worth getting the shovel ready for. Temps on Friday and the weekend will climb into the -6 to -4 range. Our next chance for an accumulating snow is Sunday night and through Monday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SE @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10/15 in the morning. SSE @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Updated 2 hurt in explosion, fire at Standard Aero plant in Winnipeg
- The spray from an aerosol can ignited and created a 'flash' that burned two Standard Aero employees at a small explosion at the company's Winnipeg plant near the James Richardson Airport Thursday.
- Manitoba chiefs want teacher Brad Badiuk fired for 'hateful' comments
- The Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs are demanding the "immediate termination" of Winnipeg high school teacher Brad Badiuk.
- RCMP criminal probe continues at Caspian Construction
- The RCMP are back at Caspian Construction, searching the company's office as part of a criminal investigation.
- Fire commissioner says inspections can be done without evictions
- Manitoba's fire commissioner says First Nations could do informal housing inspections for fire hazards without mass evictions.
- One woman dead after Highway collision near Steinbach
- There was a fatal collision north of Steinbach on Wednesday.