Set Gimli as default location
Current ConditionsSat Feb 06, 16 at 2:00 PM CST
Feels like: -10
Feels like: 14
Sunrise: 7:57 AM
Sunset: 5:27 PM
SE 19 km/h
Pressure: 100.4 kPa
Chance of flurries
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Sat Feb 06, 16 at 11:00 AM CST Sat Feb 06, 16 at 11:00 AM CST
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Risk of freezing rain late this afternoon. Wind southeast 20 km/h. High minus 1.
Periods of snow. Risk of freezing rain early this evening. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming west 20 km/h gusting to 40 near midnight. Low minus 7.
Periods of light snow and local blowing snow. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming north 40 gusting to 60 in the morning. Temperature falling to minus 15 in the afternoon. Wind chill minus 26.
|Periods of light snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We do warm up on Saturday to -2 ahead of a snowy and blustery clipper crossing the region on Sunday. Snow will intensify Saturday night and so will the wind. Sunday will not be a great day to be on highways. I’m expecting 5-7cm of snowfall but winds gusting to 60km/h on Sunday afternoon so expect visibility issues on southern Manitoba highways. On Monday we’ll see some sunshine but a falling temperature as cold, Arctic air filters southward. Temps should be at around -18 by Monday afternoon and into the mid minus 20s by Tuesday morning. Current computer models are bringing more flurries in on Wednesday and more chilly weather our way for the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- Skiers and boarders lay down for a world record attempt at Spring Hill
- From the slopes to the record books, the Canadian Ski Patrol leads an effort on Ski Patrol Day to break the world record for making the most snow angels simultaneously in multiple locations. At more than 50 ski hills at noon Central time thousands of people were making snow angels in an attempt to break the current record of 15,851.
- Assault on Stella Avenue sends 1 person to hospital
- One person is in hospital following an early-morning assault in the 500 block of Stella Avenue in Winnipeg.
- New Manitoba documentary explores humour in Mennonite culture
- A new film that explores humour in Mennonite culture is making its world premiere in Steinbach, Man. on Saturday afternoon.
- 2 books explore being human in a fast-paced world of consumerism
- Two challenging books tackle what it means to be human in a world of science, industrialization and consumerism — even though they take place two hundred years apart.
- Freezing rain warnings in effect for parts of southern Manitoba
- Parts of southern Manitoba are under a freezing rain warning on Saturday.