Set Gimli as default location
Current ConditionsWed Apr 26, 17 at 7:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 6:12 AM
Sunset: 8:40 PM
NNE 23 km/h
Pressure: 101.3 kPa
Periods of rain
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 26, 17 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Apr 26, 17 at 4:00 PM CDT
Mainly cloudy. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light before morning. Low minus 5.
Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness late in the morning then 40 percent chance of rain late in the afternoon. Wind becoming north 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the morning. High plus 3. UV index 4 or moderate.
Cloudy. 40 percent chance of rain early in the evening then 40 percent chance of light snow late in the evening and after midnight. Wind north 30 km/h. Low minus 3.
|Periods of rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Wednesday will be a breezy day with a high of 6 degrees (still cool) and we may see a few spots of sun through a mainly cloudy sky.
I’m watching another nasty and snowy system roll through northern Minnesota Wednesday and Thursday. That one will bring some cloud into the southeast both days and Winnipeg will be on the edge of the snow on Thursday. Right now, it’s only a slight chance for a flurry on Thursday. Stay tuned for adjustments to my forecast as the track of that one becomes clearer.
As we approach the weekend, high pressure builds in and the temps start to climb back to the seasonal normal. This coming weekend will be sunny both days and fairly mild so no excuses on the yard clean-up work.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NE @ 30/40 in the morning. NE @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: N @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 the afternoon.
- Attackers threaten to kill victim in video linked to Serena McKay homicide video
- A second video showing a horrific attack on a young woman linked to a 19-year-old's death in Manitoba's Sagkeeng First Nation surfaced on a public Facebook post for hours Wednesday. WARNING: story contains graphic descriptions of violence.
- 'My Mavi, you're home!' Dog returned to original family after $1K donation video
- A three-year-old girl is holding her dog Maverick tight after he was returned to her family by the people who adopted him, thanks to $1,000 from a Winnipeg veterinarian.
- 'It hasn't even been a week': O'Leary's bow out shocks Manitoba campaigner
- It was just last week that Kevin O’Leary reached out to Manitobans and asked for their vote in the federal Conservative leadership race. Now, the last candidate to join the race has dropped out.
- City Hall Roundup Mayor says Bank of Montreal now OK with reopening Portage and Main
- Mayor Brian Bowman claims Winnipeg has reached an agreement to reopen Portage and Main to pedestrians with the final property owner at the intersection.
- Band program cuts at Winnipeg high school strike sour note with students
- Band students at Sturgeon Heights Collegiate are making noise about budget cuts that have already cost them a teacher, and could have even bigger impacts next year.