Set Arnes as default location
Current ConditionsThu Sep 29, 16 at 12:00 PM CDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:25 AM
Sunset: 7:11 PM
S 21 km/h
Pressure: 103.2 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Sep 29, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT Thu Sep 29, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT
Mainly sunny except cloudy near lake Winnipeg near noon. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h this afternoon. High 19. UV index 4 or moderate.
A few clouds. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 6.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming south 20 km/h gusting to 40 near noon. High 19.
|A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Another beautiful autumn day across the south. We are stringing together several dry days and that is good news for the harvest. I don’t see any rain until perhaps Monday afternoon. Daytime highs will also be the 19 to 21 degree range through the weekend with fairly low dewpoints as well (dry air mass). The winds do get somewhat energetic Friday afternoon and again on Sunday with gusts to 40km/h out of the south. Once the next batch of rain arrives later on Monday, it sticks around for a few days. I think Wednesday will be the soggy day though with periods of rain and falling temps through the day. My forecast high on Thursday is a measly 10 degrees.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: SE @ 10 in the morning. S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 20 in the morning. SE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. S @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- 'It's scary stuff': Deadly drug carfentanil is in Winnipeg, police confirm video
- Winnipeg police have confirmed they seized the deadly street drug carfentanil from a city hotel room, where they found blotter tabs that lab tests confirmed contain the powerful opioid.
- New Manitoba deficit lower than previous estimates
- The Manitoba government is seeing a $166-million improvement in its deficit situation over its own estimates earlier this year.
- Economic relief coming for Churchill, feds say
- The northern town of Churchill, which has been rattled by bad news with layoffs and the threat of their biggest employer shutting down, is about to get some good news.
- Sixties Scoop survivors say birth records 'mysteriously' lost or destroyed video
- When Lori Ann O'Cheek went in search of her birth records, she was told her files burned in a fire. When Carla Williams asked for her birth records, she too was told they burned in a fire.
- Winnipeg poised to replace Emterra, Progressive with 2 other waste-collection firms
- The City of Winnipeg is poised to replace garbage-and-recycling contractors Emterra Environmental and Progressive Waste Solutions with two other firms.