Set Arnes as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 22, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 8:02 AM
Sunset: 6:23 PM
S 25 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 22, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT Wed Oct 22, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers and risk of thunderstorms. Wind south 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming light early this afternoon. High 17.
Overcast. Low 8.
Clearing in the morning. High 17.
|Clearing||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud|
19° | 7°
66° | 45°
12° | 5°
54° | 41°
12° | 1°
54° | 34°
8° | 3°
46° | 37°
6° | -2°
43° | 28°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Wednesday (election day), we start with a sun/cloud mix along with gusty winds. Expect clouds to thicken up through the day bringing in a few showers in the afternoon and evening. It’s not a lot of rain but an umbrella will come in handy if late afternoon or early evening is when you head out the door to do your voting. Thursday is generally cloudy with some afternoon sunny breaks. We could see a shower in the early morning in the southeast on Thursday. Both Wednesday and Thursday should get to 16 degrees. We’re still mild on Friday at 17 with a sun/cloud mix. Temperatures will cool slightly for the weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: SSE @ 30/40 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: W @ 10 in the morning. W @ 10 in the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Updated Winnipeg U-Haul locker contained 6 dead babies video
- Winnipeg police have charged a 40-year-old woman after the remains of six babies were found inside a storage locker.
- Breaking Heightened security in Winnipeg after attacks on CAF
- There is heightened security at 17 Wing in Winnipeg after attacks on the Canadian Armed Forces took place Wednesday morning.
- Live Parliament Hill attack: 1 gunman dead after soldier shot at National War Memorial video
- Parliament Hill came under attack today after a man with a rifle shot a soldier standing guard at the National War Memorial in downtown Ottawa. A gunman inside Parliament has been confirmed dead. Ottawa police say shots were fired at three locations in Ottawa and one suspect is believed still at large.
- Winnipeg election polls now open for voters
- Winnipeggers can now head to the polls, which opened at 8 a.m., to choose their first new mayor in a decade, as well as elect councillors and school trustees.
- An October thunderstorm? Chance today after a warm afternoon
- It will be a warm, windy election day across southern Manitoba.