Set Arnes as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jul 25, 14 at 8:00 AM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 5:44 AM
Sunset: 9:25 PM
SSE 5 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jul 25, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT Fri Jul 25, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late this morning and early this afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing this afternoon. Wind becoming west 20 km/h late this afternoon. High 25. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low 14.
Increasing cloudiness. A few showers beginning early in the afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Amount 5 mm. Wind becoming west 30 km/h in the morning then northeast 20 late in the evening. High 23.
|A few showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
22° | 13°
72° | 55°
25° | 12°
77° | 54°
26° | 13°
79° | 55°
31° | 15°
88° | 59°
31° | 16°
88° | 61°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
A low pressure system will move a warm front through southern Manitoba Thursday overnight into Friday. Along that front, a brief band of rain and thunderstorms starting at around midnight here in the Red River Valley…. earlier for the west. By Friday morning, clearing and an afternoon high of 26. Expect a fairly sunny day Friday in the dry sector of the low. As the system pulls away Friday night into Saturday, we get the wrap around effect behind the low. Saturday looks generally cloudy with occasional showers. We clear Sunday which is the start of a stretch of dry weather that lasts for several days.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: W @ 20/25 in the morning. W @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 20 in the morning. W @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: N @ 30/40 in the morning. N @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
- Ottawa girl in Winnipeg to see first ever polar bear
- An 11-year-old Ottawa girl, who has raised money for polar bear conservation, is in Winnipeg to see a polar bear for the very first time.
- Foster home for dogs saved by Winnipeg carpenter video
- A Manitoba woman who has fostered hundreds of dogs is on the road to helping even more after some kindness from a stranger.
- Deaths of Winnipeg mom, children prompt more parents to seek postpartum help video
- The deaths one year ago of Lisa Gibson and her two young children have prompted a growing number of Winnipeg parents to seek help and resources on postpartum depression.
- Katz files forms: 'Scottsdale … not his primary residence'
- Winnipeg Mayor Sam Katz has officially filed forms in hopes of resolving confusion over which of his homes he calls his "primary residence."
- Winnipeg family opts for backyard splash pad over pool video
- When it comes to seeking refuge from the summer sun, a dip in the pool or a trip to the lake or beach usually reigns supreme, but one Winnipeg family has decided to go a different route and install a splash pad in their yard.