Set Makkovik as default location
Current ConditionsFri Nov 28, 14 at 8:00 AM AST
Feels like: -28
Feels like: -18
Sunrise: 7:53 AM
Sunset: 3:37 PM
SW 28 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Fri Nov 28, 14 at 6:00 AM AST Fri Nov 28, 14 at 6:00 AM AST
A mix of sun and cloud. 40 percent chance of flurries along the coast. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light near noon. Temperature falling to minus 14 this afternoon.
Partly cloudy. Temperature steady near minus 15 except low minus 20 in the Postville area.
A mix of sun and cloud. 40 percent chance of flurries along the coast. Wind becoming west 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the afternoon. High minus 13 except minus 18 in the Postville area. Cold wind chill minus 26.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
-10° | -19°
14° | -2°
-5° | -9°
23° | 16°
-10° | -12°
14° | 10°
-13° | -18°
9° | -0°
-8° | -13°
18° | 9°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Paul Davis says N.L. will weather oil-price crush
- Premier Paul Davis thinks while the Newfoundland and Labrador government may be in financial trouble, the rest of the province is doing well.
- New Black Friday sales lure pre-dawn customers to big box stores
- Hundreds of customers dressed up and lined up outside some of the big box stores on Stavanger Drive in St. John's early Friday, hoping to cash in on some of the Black Friday sales inside.
- New 'Safety risk' shuts down Pleasantville bridge
- A bridge in a St. John's neighbourhood is closed indefinitely because engineers say it isn't safe to drive over.
- New Opposition MHAs press Tories on $25M ferry tariff
- The Opposition Liberals and New Democrats grilled the Tory government in the House of Assembly Thursday about a federal tariff that could result in a $25-million hit to the provincial treasury.
- Sled Case: Why this avid snowmobiler is wearing a helmet this winter
- The older that snowmobile riders are, the more likely it is to see them wearing fur hats and hoods as the only means of protection, writes columnist Jay Legere.