Set Makkovik as default location
Current ConditionsSat Nov 22, 14 at 12:00 PM AST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 7:42 AM
Sunset: 3:44 PM
W 50 km/h
Pressure: 99.2 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sat Nov 22, 14 at 11:30 AM AST Sat Nov 22, 14 at 11:30 AM AST
A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Wind northwest 60 km/h gusting to 80. Temperature falling to minus 8 this afternoon.
Partly cloudy. Clearing overnight. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming southwest 30 gusting to 50 overnight. Low minus 12.
Increasing cloudiness then 60 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon. Clearing in the evening. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming northwest 40 gusting to 60 near noon. High minus 5.
|Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Snow or rain||Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny|
-7° | -12°
19° | 10°
2° | -7°
36° | 19°
-5° | -5°
23° | 23°
-12° | -14°
10° | 7°
-12° | -15°
10° | 5°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Earle McCurdy's return to the FFAW not 'double dipping,' says union
- The new president of the FFAW says the union needs to keep Earle McCurdy on board, to deal with special projects that he was heavily involved with, prior to his recent retirement as president.
- Cochrane: Contradictions and hypocrisy at the House of Assembly
- If you watched the government and the opposition spar in question period this week, it would be hard to believe they are talking about the same place and time, David Cochrane writes.
- New Fire destroys shed on Canada Drive, damages overhead wires
- Crews from the St. John's Regional Fire Department were called out Saturday morning to a residence on Canada Drive, where they found the shed ablaze.
- St. John's snowclearing operations begin this weekend
- The City of St. John's has a full snowclearing crew starting this weekend, including the new workers that were hired to prevent last year's winter woes.
- Photos A day in the life of the stranded Jana crew video
- The cargo ship Jana ran into trouble off Marystown in early August, after one of the cylinders in its engine died. The crew hasn't been paid in months.