Set Inuvik as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 23, 14 at 3:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 8:39 AM
Sunset: 8:56 PM
WSW 8 km/h
Pressure: 100.4 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of flurries or rain showers
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 23, 14 at 11:00 AM MDT Tue Sep 23, 14 at 11:00 AM MDT
A mix of sun and cloud. High 8.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of rain showers late this evening then 60 percent chance of flurries overnight. Low minus 1.
Cloudy with 70 percent chance of flurries in the morning. Clearing in the afternoon. High plus 4.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
4° | -4°
39° | 25°
4° | -4°
39° | 25°
3° | -3°
37° | 27°
2° | -3°
36° | 27°
1° | -3°
34° | 27°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Whitehorse considers spending $40K on new 'muffin monster' video
- The City of Whitehorse is considering replacing a piece of sewage treatment machinery as one of the city's two "muffin monsters" has been broken since Labour Day weekend.
- Baffinland mine moves 1st load of iron ore to port site
- Nunavut's newest mine is up and running, as Baffinland transported its first load of iron ore from the Mary River mine to its port site at Milne Inlet on Sept. 8.
- Yellowknife approves $1.4M parking lot purchase
- Yellowknife city councillors approved a motion last night to buy an unused parking lot for $1.4 million and turn it into a new public square.
- Upcycling: old fur coats become fodder for Inuit seamstresses
- If all goes well, Inuit seamstresses in Kugluktuk, Nunavut, could soon be refashioning those old fur coats gathering dust in southern closets into warm clothes for the family, a form of recycling known as 'upcycling.'
- Michael Gilday, Yellowknife's Olympic speedskater, retires
- After competing at the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi, Michael Gilday is officially hanging up his skates. 'There isn't a huge recreational side to the sport, so when the season ended in March, I was thinking I may have skated possibly for the last time ever.'