Set Inuvik as default location
Current ConditionsSun Dec 21, 14 at 4:00 AM MST
Feels like: -25
Feels like: -13
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
ESE 10 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Chance of flurries
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Sat Dec 20, 14 at 4:00 PM MST Sat Dec 20, 14 at 4:00 PM MST
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Periods of light snow beginning before morning. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 19. Wind chill minus 26 this evening.
Periods of light snow ending late in the afternoon then cloudy. Temperature steady near minus 19.
Mainly cloudy. Clearing before morning. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 23. Wind chill minus 28.
|Periods of light snow||Clear||Clear||Clear||Clear||Clear|
-21° | -23°
-6° | -9°
-22° | -24°
-8° | -11°
-28° | -29°
-18° | -20°
-27° | -30°
-17° | -22°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Deh Gah Dog Mushers hold open class race
- For the first time in 30 years, the Deh Gah Dog Mushers Club in Fort Providence, N.W.T., is holding an open class race. That means competitors can use as many dogs as they want.
- Charges laid in Northern Lites standoff in Yellowknife
- Charges were sworn in court yesterday against a man after an armed standoff at a motel in downtown Yellowknife, but RCMP have yet to release the name of the accused.
- Opinion ArcticNet 2014 confirms Canadian Arctic research is on the rise
- Canadian Arctic science has arrived. The conclusion was clear at the Arctic Change 2014 conference in Ottawa, writes guest columnist Vicki Sahanatien.
- MUSIC Songs of solstice: here's a playlist for 24-hour darkness
- Trail's End host Allison Devereaux created a playlist to help celebrate the darkness of a Northern winter, and for comfort on the tougher days.
- Baffin Island caribou hunting moratorium to begin Jan. 1
- The Nunavut government has placed a moratorium on the hunting of Baffin Island caribou beginning on January 1. ‘This is an urgent situation,’ says Environment Minister Johnny Mike.