Set Inuvik as default location
Current ConditionsMon Jul 06, 15 at 7:00 AM MDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
E 8 km/h
Pressure: 102.5 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Mon Jul 06, 15 at 5:00 AM MDT Mon Jul 06, 15 at 5:00 AM MDT
Sunny. High 22. UV index 5 or moderate.
Sunny. Low 13.
Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness late in the morning. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 16.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New N.W.T. first Canadian province or territory to join You Can Play project
- Sport North, the Northwest Territories' governing body for sport, is becoming the first Canadian province or territory to join the You Can Play initiative, strengthening its policies and resources for LGBTQ inclusion in sport.
- Yukon court rules Kluane First Nation can evict convicted men
- The Yukon territorial court has ruled the Kluane First Nation has the right to evict two brothers from their Burwash Landing homes. Brothers Wilfred Sheldon and Derek Johnson are currently under a court order not to live in the community.
- N.W.T. fire situation eases slightly, though threat remains
- Rain and cooler weather dampened forest fires burning in parts of the N.W.T. this weekend, though the fire risk remains high in many areas.
- Enterprise, N.W.T., man scares off black bear with pillow
- A cabin owner near Enterprise had a scare last week when a bear came right up to his window in the middle of the night. Luckily, he had all he needed to scare off the predator right beside him.
- North Hudson Bay narwhal tags significantly increased for 2015
- Hunters of north Hudson Bay narwhal will be able to access 229 tags this year — as compared to 147 last season — because many of those 2014 tags went unused.