Set Arviat as default location
Current ConditionsMon Apr 21, 14 at 7:00 AM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Feels like: -16
Feels like: 3
Sunrise: 5:38 AM
Sunset: 8:52 PM
SW 8 km/h
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Apr 21, 14 at 4:00 AM CDT Mon Apr 21, 14 at 4:00 AM CDT
A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of flurries this morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h early this afternoon. High minus 4. UV index 3 or moderate.
Increasing cloudiness. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low minus 11.
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries in the morning and afternoon and early evening. Clearing in the evening. Wind northeast 30 km/h becoming light late in the evening. High minus 7.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-8° | -11°
18° | 12°
-8° | -17°
18° | 1°
-5° | -17°
23° | 1°
-4° | -12°
25° | 10°
-2° | -9°
28° | 16°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Alberta DNA lab could help catch illegal N.W.T. hunters
- A forensic wildlife lab in Alerbta, which matches DNA from an abandoned animal carcass to things like meat found in a suspect's freezer, is offering its services to wildlife officers in the Northwest Territories.
- Arctic Council key in making Northern shipping safe: society
- Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen of DNV-GL says the council's international treaty on Arctic search and rescue, as well as the agreement on marine oil pollution can go a long way towards improving safety in Arctic waters.
- No volunteers means no Relay for Life in Hay River, N.W.T.
- The bi-annual fundraiser for cancer research is not expected to go ahead this year because no one volunteered to help run it.
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88: A royal diplomat in her 'best decade' yet video
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88 today, and while the long-serving monarch is slowing down, she remains a significant diplomatic force.
- Handguns, assault rifles seized at Alaska/Yukon border
- Two U.S. residents are facing firearms-smuggling charges after border services officers at Beaver Creek, Yukon, seized handguns and assault rifles in separate incidents.