Set Arviat as default location
Current ConditionsThu Aug 21, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 5:40 AM
Sunset: 8:59 PM
N 32 km/h
Pressure: 101.1 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 21, 14 at 10:00 AM CDT Thu Aug 21, 14 at 10:00 AM CDT
Rain. Amount 15 to 25 mm. Fog at times. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near 8.
Rain ending early this evening then clearing. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near 7.
Mainly sunny. Wind north 30 km/h. High 13.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
13° | 5°
55° | 41°
11° | 5°
52° | 41°
10° | 3°
50° | 37°
16° | 7°
61° | 45°
16° | 7°
61° | 45°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- RCMP in Cape Dorset arrest man with firearm without injury
- Part of Cape Dorset was cordoned off this morning while RCMP dealt with an armed man. The man has surrended to police and RCMP say charges are pending.
- Fort Resolution raises money for family of Rhoni Beaulieu
- The community of Fort Resolution, N.W.T., has raised almost $13,000 for the family of Rhoni Beaulieu, the 16-year-old girl who died in a house fire in the community on Aug. 15.
- Photos Snowfield fined $40K for abandoned N.W.T. mining camp
- Vancouver-based Snowfield Developments has been fined $40,000 and ordered to pay about $212,908 to cover the cost of cleaning up its exploration camp 60 km from Yellowknife.
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper embarks on annual tour of the North
- Stephen Harper will tour a local college and make an announcement about northern research in Whitehorse on Thursday as he begins his annual trek to the North, his ninth time doing so since becoming prime minister.
- Public consultation on Iqaluit dump fire Aug. 25
- The City of Iqaluit plans to hold a public consultation on the dump fire on Monday, featuring the consultants hired to fight the fire. But those consultants have yet to be hired.