Set Arviat as default location
Current ConditionsTue Dec 10, 13 at 9:55 AM CST
Feels like: -45
Feels like: -49
Sunrise: 9:18 AM
Sunset: 3:01 PM
NNW 32 km/h
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Dec 10, 13 at 10:00 AM CST Tue Dec 10, 13 at 10:00 AM CST
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. Local blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 27. Wind chill minus 45.
Partly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 30 km/h. Low minus 31. Wind chill minus 46.
Mainly sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 30. Wind chill minus 44.
-25° | -30°
-13° | -22°
-29° | -29°
-20° | -20°
-28° | -29°
-18° | -20°
-26° | -32°
-15° | -26°
-25° | -26°
-13° | -15°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yukon judge to sentence Jessica Johnson Thursday
- A Yukon Supreme Court judge wants time to think about a jail sentence for a woman facing a minimum five-year penitentiary term for her role in a Haines Junction robbery two years ago.
- Mental health for rural youth worries Yukon NDP
- “What targets has the minister responsible for health and social services set to improve mental health services for Yukon's rural youth?" asks MLA Kevin Barr.
- Lead paint, asbestos found in historic Dawson City bank
- Renovations to Dawson City's historic CIBC bank are on hold until its lead paint and asbestos can be dealt with.
- NWT Resident hunters question caribou rules
- Non-aboriginal hunters in the Northwest Territories are wondering why they’re being shut out completely from the Bluenose East caribou hunt, while hunting for aboriginals remains unrestricted.
- Murder trial to begin in Cape Dorset today
- The trial of Elee Geetah, 22, for second-degree murder gets underway Tuesday in Cape Dorset, Nunavut.