Set Arviat as default location
Current ConditionsSun Feb 14, 16 at 12:46 PM CST
Feels like: -25
Feels like: -13
Sunrise: 8:03 AM
Sunset: 4:58 PM
E 24 km/h
Pressure: 100.1 kPa
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Sun Feb 14, 16 at 10:00 AM CST Sun Feb 14, 16 at 10:00 AM CST
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind east 20 km/h. High minus 15. Wind chill minus 25.
Periods of snow. Blizzard developing near midnight. Blowing snow with visibilities frequently less than 1 kilometre this evening. Wind north 50 km/h gusting to 70. Low minus 27. Wind chill minus 41.
Blizzard. Wind north 50 km/h gusting to 70. High minus 26. Wind chill minus 45.
|Blizzard||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yukon Quest 2016: Hugh Neff takes over lead as Brent Sass struggles
- The Yukon Quest has a new leader in veteran Hugh Neff as the top tier of mushers prepare for the race's home stretch into Whitehorse.
- Erica Violet Lee challenges privilege with a slip of the tongue
- It was a picture that went viral on social media — both criticized and celebrated for its unapologetic poke at those in power. Erica Violet Lee posted a selfie on November 29th from the 2015 Paris Climate Change Summit. In it she was sticking her tongue out while Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall passed by in the background.
- Video From the Northbeat archives: Dene love songs make a comeback video
- It's Valentine's Day, and with love in the air, we've dipped into CBC Northbeat's archives for this story about Dene love songs, originally aired in 2007.
- Great Whale's local store Whale-mart begins selling ptarmigan, beaver
- The locally run general store in Whapmagoostui, Quebec's northern-most Cree community, has begun selling traditional foods such as ptarmigan and beaver to those who can't hunt and those who can't afford to.
- Photos Your North: Best reader photos from Canada's North for the week of Feb. 8
- Sunsets, airplanes, a tea toss and a fog bow are highlighted in your best photos of the week from across Canada's territories.