Set Arviat as default location
Current ConditionsSat Apr 18, 15 at 10:00 PM CDT
Feels like: -22
Feels like: -8
Sunrise: 5:48 AM
Sunset: 8:43 PM
NW 13 km/h
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sat Apr 18, 15 at 3:00 PM CDT Sat Apr 18, 15 at 3:00 PM CDT
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 20. Wind chill minus 28.
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of flurries late in the morning and in the afternoon. Wind becoming west 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the morning. High minus 5. UV index 3 or moderate.
Mainly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries in the evening and after midnight. Clearing before morning. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light early in the evening. Low minus 16.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
-11° | -19°
12° | -2°
-10° | -17°
14° | 1°
-9° | -15°
16° | 5°
-4° | -11°
25° | 12°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yellowknife promoter creates N.W.T.'s first MMA fight league
- A Yellowknife gym owner has created the Northwest Territories' first mixed martial arts fight league, citing a need for a local promotion to give opportunity to Northern fighters.
- Whitehorse's Raven Recycling to reopen after funding increased
- After the Yukon Government and City of Whitehorse approved temporary funding to the city's recycling processors, Raven Recycling - which closed last October - will reopen its doors in May.
- Photos Iqaluit adventurers prepare for final stretch of four month journey
- Sarah McNair-Landry and her partner Erik Boomer say the latest leg of their long trip - from Pond Inlet to Arctic Bay - has been tough on them and the dogs, and that they're looking to add additional dogs to the team for their journey's final stretch.
- k.d. lang advises N.W.T.'s Leela Gilday during Banff recording session
- Yellowknife singer-songwriter Leela Gilday got more than she bargained for during a recent trip to the Banff Centre of the Arts, where she brushed shoulders with, and received some tips from, a Canadian music legend.
- Audio Jessica Minoza of Fort Providence wins $5K for morel business plan audio
- Jessica Minoza and Westin Hotel chef Ryan O'Flynn won a NAIT 2015 Hatch Start Up Challenge because their plan for a morel buying and distribution business provides employment for people in the N.W.T.