Set Dauphin as default location
Current ConditionsFri Nov 28, 14 at 1:28 PM CST
Feels like: -24
Feels like: -11
Sunrise: 8:17 AM
Sunset: 4:39 PM
E 21 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Fri Nov 28, 14 at 11:00 AM CST Fri Nov 28, 14 at 11:00 AM CST
Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind east 30 km/h. High minus 14. Wind chill minus 26.
Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 16.
Snow ending near noon then mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h in the afternoon. High minus 15 with temperature falling to minus 19 in the afternoon. Wind chill minus 28.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny|
-20° | -24°
-4° | -11°
-12° | -28°
10° | -18°
-12° | -19°
10° | -2°
-16° | -19°
3° | -2°
-6° | -19°
21° | -2°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
The snow is slow to arrive but it’s gradually working it’s way into the western part of the province this afternoon. There is still a snowfall warning in effect for the Parklands region of the province (Dauphin, Riding Mountain, Swan River) and then across into the Interlake (Grand Rapids, Arborg) The warning talks about 5-10cm today and another 5-10cm tonight for a possible total of 20cm. In the Red River Valley, it’ll be more like 4-5cm starting this afternoon and stopping mid day Saturday. We can expect a rising temperature overnight into Saturday morning (-7 by 8am) and then a falling temperature Saturday afternoon (-14 by 4pm). Another major cold snap pushes the snow and the cloud out of the province on Sunday and Monday. Morning temps will be at -26 to -30 and highs will be -19 on Sunday and -17 on Monday. Expect high wind chills as well with gusty winds both days. I see a gradual return to seasonal conditions by the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: E @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: SW @ 20 in the morning. W @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
Monday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg's riverbank erosion cash was never missing, councillors told
- A day after Winnipeg city councillors were told that $1 million earmarked for repairing riverbank erosion had gone missing, finance officials say the money was never lost.
- Winnipeg's polar bears back in their underwater tunnel video
- Assiniboine Park Zoo's underwater polar bear viewing tunnel is open again after being shut down since September for repairs.
- Updated Oil price collapse means lower gas prices for motorists
- A collapse in world oil prices will mean good news for Canadian motorists heading into the Christmas season, with one petroleum analyst saying already dropping gas prices will plummet this weekend.
- Elmwood Kildonans Pool remains closed due to structural issue
- The Elmwood Kildonans Pool, which has been closed since a fire in May, will stay closed until sometime in the new year due to what the City of Winnipeg calls an "unexpected structural issue."
- Manitoba government counters Kyle Unger's wrongful conviction lawsuit
- The Manitoba attorney general's office has responded to a $14.5-million lawsuit filed by Kyle Unger, who spent 14 years in prison for murder before being cleared.