Set Dauphin as default location
Current ConditionsWed Sep 17, 14 at 6:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:18 AM
Sunset: 7:51 PM
SE 9 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Wed Sep 17, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Sep 17, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clearing this evening. Low plus 5.
Increasing cloudiness early in the morning. Risk of a thunderstorm late in the afternoon. Wind becoming south 20 km/h gusting to 40 early in the afternoon. High 22. UV index 3 or moderate.
Mainly cloudy. Clearing after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm in the evening. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light after midnight. Low 13.
|Increasing cloudiness||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
22° | 9°
72° | 48°
22° | 7°
72° | 45°
24° | 6°
75° | 43°
26° | 7°
79° | 45°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
This is what a stalled front does to a sunny day with a high of 16. It turns it into a cloudy day with temps struggling to reach 10 degrees. The cloud is very low level which makes it very hard to push out of the province. Follow me on Twitter for an image of the cloud cover @johnsaudercbc. So…. we should start to see some sunny breaks later in the afternoon and clearing tonight with a 4 degree low and just a risk of frost overnight. Thursday starts with sunshine but, as I’ve been saying through the week, you can expect increasing cloud through the afternoon and some rain overnight into Friday morning. It’s fairly unstable then too so nocturnal thunderstorms are also in the mix. Friday morning has a few showers but those should end before the outdoor ceremoniy at he CMHR which starts at 10:30am. Saturday is unstable in the afternoon and windy too with a chance for some thunderstorms.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NE @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 15/20 in the morning. S @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- Search of Red River for missing, murdered women underway video
- A grim search of the Red River for missing and murdered aboriginal women, along with any evidence in their cases, began late this afternoon in Winnipeg.
- Internment of Japanese Canadians to be featured at human rights museum video
- The internment of Japanese Canadians during the Second World War will be featured at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights when it officially opens this weekend.
- Rare muskox spotted in northern Manitoba raises hopes for its return
- Conservationists are thrilled to hear hunters in northern Manitoba have spotted a muskox.
- Kids need healing, belonging to avoid gang life, report says video audio
- Jamil Mahmood has been saying for years that Winnipeg needs to help people leave gangs but he's hit nothing but brick walls.
- Man in critical condition after downtown daytime stabbing video
- Winnipeg police are investigating a stabbing that may have taken place across several city blocks Wednesday afternoon, including crossing Portage Avenue.