Set Dauphin as default location
Current ConditionsWed Mar 12, 14 at 7:00 AM CDT
Feels like: -18
Feels like: -0
Sunrise: 8:01 AM
Sunset: 7:38 PM
E 8 km/h
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed Mar 12, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT Wed Mar 12, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries this morning. Clearing this afternoon. Wind becoming west 30 km/h this morning. High plus 3.
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness near midnight. Wind west 30 km/h. Low minus 3.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind west 20 km/h increasing to 40 gusting to 60 early in the afternoon. High plus 5.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries|
-8° | -11°
18° | 12°
-11° | -18°
12° | -0°
-7° | -15°
19° | 5°
-1° | -9°
30° | 16°
-2° | -8°
28° | 18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Expect a chilly morning temp of -23 degrees on Wednesday. This week’s ‘hump day’ will be another slightly cool day at -6 with some afternoon snow and blowing snow. We warm to +3 by Thursday afternoon. Expect a falling temp on Friday with a few flurries and a chilly weekend ahead.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: Light Wind in the morning. S @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 20 in the morning. W @ 25 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 25/40 in the morning. NW @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
- New Mental illness creates challenges for those seeking housing
- Many people who rely on Winnipeg's homeless shelters have some kind of mental health issue, but there is not enough space to help everyone get off the streets.
- Most Manitoba hospitals don't have full sprinkler systems
- Only one-third of Manitoba's hospitals have full fire sprinkler systems installed, while about a third of them have none, CBC News has learned.
- Winnipegger's garage roof collapses under weight of snow video
- A Winnipeg homeowner is urging others to clear snow from the roofs of their homes, after her garage roof collapsed under about a foot of snow.
- Giant snow drifts reach rooftops in Delta Beach
- Strong north winds have turned Delta Beach into one big snow drift, with some of the snow drifts reaching rooftops in the community at the southern tip of Lake Manitoba.
- Winnipeg waives pipe-thawing fees for homes effective Feb. 28
- Winnipeg city officials are now waiving fees for citizens who have had their pipes thawed since Feb. 28, 2014.