Set Chesterfield as default location
Current ConditionsWed Aug 24, 16 at 9:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 5:26 AM
Sunset: 8:44 PM
NW 7 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Wed Aug 24, 16 at 3:00 PM CDT Wed Aug 24, 16 at 3:00 PM CDT
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low 7.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h in the morning. High 14. UV index 3 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. Wind northwest 30 km/h. Low 6.
|Mainly sunny||Cloudy||Chance of showers||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Lake near Giant Mine will never recover from contamination, new research shows
- Arsenic contamination wiped out crustaceans from Pocket Lake near Giant mine and they have never come back, scientists say. They found that arsenic trioxide from the mine spewed into the air, landed in the soil and continues to seep into water systems.
- N.W.T. chief coroner to hold inquest into death of man in police custody
- The office of the chief corner of the N.W.T. announced it will hold an inquest into the death of a man who died in police custody in Fort Smith last year.
- Wireless services, including cellular, restored in Carcross, Yukon
- Wireless services, including cellular service, was disrupted in the Carcoss, Yukon area Wednesday prompting Yukon RCMP and the territorial government to advise residents to use landlines to contact emergency services if needed. Northwestel confirmed service is now restored.
- Canada's anti-fraud line receiving more calls than it can handle
- A Whitehorse man is frustrated he can't get through to the Canadian Anti-fraud Centre’s national hotline to report an attempted scam. A spokesperson for the hotline says there are more calls coming in than the centre can handle.
- More questions than answers about Sanikiluaq's water problems
- E. coli recently detected in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut, was found in the hamlet office not in the community's water source — though it’s not clear exactly where it was in the office or how it got there.