Set Kugluktuk as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 31, 14 at 9:00 AM MDT
Sunrise: 3:54 AM
Sunset: 11:40 PM
NW 17 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 31, 14 at 9:00 AM MDT Thu Jul 31, 14 at 9:00 AM MDT
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Wind west 20 km/h. High 7.
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low plus 3.
Mainly cloudy. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h early in the evening. High 10.
|Mainly cloudy||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
14° | 6°
57° | 43°
13° | 4°
55° | 39°
12° | 8°
54° | 46°
15° | 7°
59° | 45°
15° | 8°
59° | 46°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Highway 3 residents asked to evacuate to Yellowknife
- The Government of the Northwest Territories is asking people living along Highway 3 between Yellowknife and kilometre 300 (just past Boundary Creek) to voluntarily evacuate to Yellowknife.
- Photos Fire in the sky: 'Apocalypse' thunderstorm rolls into Yellowknife
- Smoke followed by thunderclouds brought nightfall early to Yellowknife Wednesday. People took to social media to post photos of the skies described as everything from "eerie" to "the apocalypse."
- Canadian North plane makes emergency landing in Taloyoak
- A Canadian North Dash-8 aircraft travelling to Taloyoak, Nunavut, from Kugaaruk on Monday had to declare an emergency when one of its two engines failed.
- New Yukon MLA Darius Elias fined $1K for refusing breathalyzer
- Yukon MLA Darius Elias was fined $1,000 Wednesday and banned from driving for a year for refusing to provide a breathalyzer sample to police.
- Avalon's exploration camp converted to base for fire crews
- This week, Avalon's Nechalacho exploration site is more than a mining operation. It's also a fire base camp to fight a nearby forest fire.