Set Brandon as default location
Current ConditionsSun Feb 07, 16 at 3:00 PM CST
Feels like: -18
Feels like: -0
Sunrise: 8:05 AM
Sunset: 5:43 PM
NW 46 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sun Feb 07, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Sun Feb 07, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Clearing before morning. Local blowing snow this evening. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 15.
Mainly sunny. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High minus 8.
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness after midnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light in the evening. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 25.
|Mainly sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m tracking a snowy and blustery clipper crossing the region on Sunday. Snow will intensify Saturday night and so will the wind. Sunday will not be a great day to be on highways. I’m expecting 5-7cm of snowfall but winds gusting to 60km/h on Sunday afternoon so expect visibility issues on southern Manitoba highways. On Monday we’ll see some sunshine but a falling temperature as cold, Arctic air filters southward. Temps should be at around -18 by Monday afternoon and into the mid minus 20s by Tuesday morning. Current computer models are bringing more flurries in on Wednesday and more chilly weather our way for the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- Blowing snow, poor visibility force closure of several Manitoba highways
- Six Manitoba highways were closed Sunday because of poor driving conditions with snow and dropping temperatures creating a "prime opportunity" for a blizzard in some parts of the province, according to Environment Canada meteorologist Robyn Dyck.
- Winnipeg woman creates ice garden in her own front yard in Crescentwood
- While regular gardens are sleeping under the earth and snow, Pat Palanuk's is sparkling in the sun in Winnipeg's Crescentwood neighbourhood.
- Woman killed in assault on Winnipeg's Stella Avenue
- A woman is dead following an assault in the 500 block of Stella Avenue in Winnipeg. Police say it happened around 5 a.m. on Saturday.
- CBC IN GARDEN HILL Manitoba First Nation complies with DNA sampling in Teresa Robinson murder case video
- The community of Garden Hill First Nation is co-operating with Manitoba RCMP for an unprecedented initiative to collect hundreds of DNA samples on the reserve as part of the murder investigation of 11-year-old Teresa Robinson.
- Jets column: Ladd, Byfuglien and the end of the world
- The stakes aren’t as high as the possible obliteration of humanity as we know it but the continuing drama of the Andrew Ladd and Dustin Byfuglien contract situations carry a similar importance for Jets followers.