Set Brandon as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 01, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT
UV: 6 (High)
Sunrise: 6:54 AM
Sunset: 8:25 PM
SW 10 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 01, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT Tue Sep 01, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT
Mainly sunny. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 early this afternoon. High 29. UV index 6 or high.
Clear. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light early this evening. Low 13.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming south 30 km/h in the afternoon. High 32.
|A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As we kick off the month of September, it will feel more like July. We will continue with our warm weather pattern this week with highs of 29 on Tuesday and 31 on Wednesday. Thursday is also warm at 28 but the afternoon looks stormy at this point. The instability numbers are “through the roof” for Thursday afternoon and there is a front moving through which could provide the trigger for storm development. I’ll be tracking the timing of that carefully this week. It does look like cooler weather will move in for the upcoming weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: S @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 10 the afternoon.
Wednesday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 30/40 in the morning. SSE @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
- Province should investigate case of pregnant child: retired Judge Ted Hughes
- Retired justice Ted Hughes says the province should investigate how a pregnant child sought a medical abortion without sparking an intervention from child welfare officials.
- Behind the scenes: StreetReach searches for missing kids in Winnipeg
- CBC's Caroline Barghout went out with StreetReach, an agency tasked with trying to find and take high-risk kids off the streets of Winnipeg. The following is an account of that night.
- U.S. border wall floated by Scott Walker would be logistical nightmare
- A barrier along the Canada-U.S. border — an idea floated in an interview with a Republic presidential hopeful — would be a logistical nightmare, since the boundary runs through homes, airports, farms and even an opera house.
- Winnipeg police investigate suspicious package at Grant Avenue station
- Winnipeg police taped off a police station at Grant Avenue and Shaftesbury Boulevard Monday night after a suspicious package was dropped off.
- Winnipeg's Ukrainian community rallies for jailed filmmaker
- A high-profile political prisoner case out of Russia is drawing worldwide attention, and Monday night, it drew dozens of Winnipeggers to the steps of the legislature to protest.