Set Brandon as default location
Current ConditionsFri Dec 09, 16 at 8:00 AM CST
Feels like: -36
Feels like: -33
Sunrise: 8:26 AM
Sunset: 4:39 PM
WNW 16 km/h
Pressure: 104.0 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 09, 16 at 5:00 AM CST Fri Dec 09, 16 at 5:00 AM CST
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries this morning. Clearing late this morning. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High minus 21. Wind chill minus 39.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 32. Extreme wind chill minus 40.
Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 23. Extreme wind chill minus 42.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
The real cold arctic outbreak starts overnight into Friday. Temps are “tanking” all across the western prairies and that pattern is shifting to the east now. Friday will be sunny with lighter winds but the afternoon highs will be around -17 degrees. Expect mid minus 20s for lows on the weekend and highs around -18 degrees. The colder weather takes us right through next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: W @ 10/15 in the morning. W @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 10 in the morning. NE @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Doctor who once traded drugs for sex disciplined a third time by regulator
- Winnipeg doctor Randy Raymond Allan has been disciplined for a third time by Manitoba’s physician regulatory body and handed a six-month licence suspension for misleading investigators.
- New Coach Mike O'Shea, GM Kyle Walters sign 3-year deals with Bombers
- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed head coach Mike O'Shea and general manager Kyle Walters to three-year contract extensions.
- Know your zone: Residential parking ban takes effect in Winnipeg
- City snowplows will make their way onto side streets as the residential parking ban takes effect Friday.
- Temperatures plunge in southern Manitoba video
- Southern Manitoba has fallen right into the deep freeze after days of grey and snowy — but much milder — weather.
- Rainstorm that delayed police HQ completion wrought $8.3M worth of damages
- The 2014 rainstorm that critically impaired Winnipeg's new police headquarters caused $8.3 million worth of losses and damages, according court documents filed as part of a city lawsuit against its insurers.