Set Brandon as default location
Current ConditionsTue Oct 06, 15 at 2:00 PM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:47 AM
Sunset: 7:09 PM
WNW 17 km/h
Pressure: 102.5 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Oct 06, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT Tue Oct 06, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT
Sunny. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High 15. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 2 with frost.
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Wind becoming south 40 km/h gusting to 60 in the morning. High 13.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Tuesday is a great day to get outside for a walk to enjoy the fall colours. We’ll have plenty of sunshine across the south as the clearing works its way from west to east. Even in the north, skies are clearing from west to east, although slowly. Thompson should see some sunshine later in the afternoon. Also in the north, Churchill will see some very strong winds out of the north today. Those winds are below warning levels but still gusting to 80km/h later in the day. By the time we wake up Wednesday the clouds will be thickening up here in the south as rain heads into the region for later in the day. I see the rain hitting the Red River Valley by supper time Wednesday. It looks like a few hours at least of fairly steady rain Wednesday evening. Thursday starts with cloud cover which will stick around here in the Red River Valley until at least mid afternoon. Once the clouds clear, we’ll enjoy a dry and warmer weather pattern as we approach the long weekend. I’m posting temps in the 20s for Saturday and Sunday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Thursday: N @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- New Emaciated puppies from northern Manitoba need plasma transfusions to survive
- Manitoba Underdogs Rescue is struggling to look after four critically ill puppies and needs financial help.
- New Manitoba expanding Coach program for at-risk children, youth in CFS care
- The Manitoba government is expanding its Coach program, which provides mentoring, academic and treatment services to those in the child welfare system with serious mental health and behavioural needs, to include older youth.
- Updated Kenora schools remain in lockdown after firearm report, suspects arrested
- Provincial police in Kenora say two people have been arrested after a man with a firearm was seen in the north-end trail system near a number of schools.
- Missing man Brian Budzan found safe, say Winnipeg police
- Winnipeg police say Brian Budzan, a 44-year-old man who went missing late Monday, has been found safe.
- 'Hurtful and insensitive': MMIW advocate pans RCMP's 10-day social media campaign
- A 10-day Twitter and Facebook campaign by RCMP is being called hurtful and insensitive by murdered and missing women advocates.