Set Brandon as default location
Current ConditionsTue Mar 03, 15 at 2:00 PM CST
Feels like: -33
Feels like: -27
Sunrise: 7:20 AM
Sunset: 6:24 PM
WNW 50 km/h
Pressure: 101.7 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Mar 03, 15 at 11:00 AM CST Tue Mar 03, 15 at 11:00 AM CST
Sunny near noon then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of flurries. Local blowing snow. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 17. Wind chill minus 31.
Partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries this evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h. Low minus 27. Wind chill minus 38.
Sunny. Wind becoming west 20 km/h near noon. High minus 16. Wind chill minus 38.
-4° | -25°
25° | -13°
-3° | -14°
27° | 7°
2° | -8°
36° | 18°
-3° | -7°
27° | 19°
2° | -11°
36° | 12°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Could this be winter’s last gasp for the season??? It will definitely feel like winter the next couple of days. Temps today will hover around -16 or even fall slightly this afternoon. The wind is also the story gusting to 50km/h out of the northwest. The wind chill factor is around -30 as of noon which means frostbite can occur on exposed skin in about 25 minutes. Wednesday’s high is also -17 but there won’t be quite as much wind. Thursday, the wind turns around in the afternoon to the south which signifies a change in our weather pattern. We go from a high on Thursday afternoon of -10 to a low Friday morning of -11 and then all the way to -1 Friday afternoon. Temps will be close to that over the weekend and well into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 25/30 in the morning. WNW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20 the morning. S @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 10/15 in the morning. WSW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- Live Winnipeggers to pay more: taxes, garbage fees and transit video
- The City of Winnipeg is planning for balanced books this year thanks in part to a 2.3 per cent property tax increase, an increase in fees and pulling money from the city’s stabilization reserve fund.
- Updated Windy, colder day blows into southern Manitoba video
- Wind is the weather story today in southern Manitoba, but CBC meteorologist John Sauder says milder weather is in the forecast in time for the weekend.
- Firefighters rescue cat from Winnipeg house fire video
- Winnipeg fire crews rescued a cat from a house fire in the city's West Broadway area on Tuesday morning.
- Updated Benjamin Levin pleads guilty to 3 child pornography-related charges
- A man who was once deputy minister of education in Ontario and Manitoba has pleaded guilty to three child pornography-related charges in a Toronto court.
- The Hockey News foresees Jets as Stanley Cup champs in 2019
- The latest edition of The Hockey News predicts the Winnipeg Jets will be Stanley Cup champs in just four years.