Set Souris as default location
Current ConditionsTue Oct 06, 15 at 3:00 PM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:48 AM
Sunset: 7:11 PM
NW 23 km/h
Pressure: 102.4 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Oct 06, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT Tue Oct 06, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT
Sunny. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High 15. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Increasing cloudiness before morning. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 1 with frost.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Wind becoming south 30 km/h in the morning then west 20 late in the afternoon. High 16.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Tuesday is a great day to get outside for a walk to enjoy the fall colours. We’ll have plenty of sunshine across the south as the clearing works its way from west to east. Even in the north, skies are clearing from west to east, although slowly. Thompson should see some sunshine later in the afternoon. Also in the north, Churchill will see some very strong winds out of the north today. Those winds are below warning levels but still gusting to 80km/h later in the day. By the time we wake up Wednesday the clouds will be thickening up here in the south as rain heads into the region for later in the day. I see the rain hitting the Red River Valley by supper time Wednesday. It looks like a few hours at least of fairly steady rain Wednesday evening. Thursday starts with cloud cover which will stick around here in the Red River Valley until at least mid afternoon. Once the clouds clear, we’ll enjoy a dry and warmer weather pattern as we approach the long weekend. I’m posting temps in the 20s for Saturday and Sunday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Thursday: N @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- New Rock The Vote targets aboriginal voters at Portage Place video
- Some aboriginal people are taking another look at the federal election after an indigenous group trying to get people to the polls was at Portage Place Mall in downtown Winnipeg Tuesday.
- New Train and pickup truck collide north of Brandon
- Provincial Road 270 north of Brandon, Man., is closed this hour as emergency crews investigate a crash between a train and a pickup truck, according to RCMP.
- Emaciated puppies from northern Manitoba need plasma transfusions to survive
- Manitoba Underdogs Rescue is struggling to look after four critically ill puppies and needs financial help.
- Updated Manitoba expanding Coach program for high-risk children, youth
- The Manitoba government is expanding its Coach program, which provides mentoring, academic and treatment services to children with serious mental health needs, to include older youth in the province's child welfare system.
- Updated Kenora, Ont., school lockdowns lifted, firearm found, suspects arrested
- Provincial police in Kenora, Ont. say two people have been arrested after a male with a suspected firearm was seen in the north-end trail system near a number of schools.