Set Souris as default location
Current ConditionsThu Feb 11, 16 at 6:00 PM CST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 7:59 AM
Sunset: 5:52 PM
NNW 18 km/h
Pressure: 102.9 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Feb 11, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Thu Feb 11, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Clearing late this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 32 this evening and minus 40 overnight.
Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 40 in the morning and minus 30 in the afternoon.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 30. Extreme wind chill minus 40.
|Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Thursday afternoon will top out at -14 as skies gradually get brighter. The wind also picks up in the afternoon so wind chills will a little brisk to say the least. Friday and Saturday will be the coldest days of the week. Early morning temps both days will approach the -30 mark. The afternoon high on Friday will be -23 but winds will be NW @ 20/30 producing exposed skin freeze times closer to 10 minutes. We moderate slightly on Saturday as cloud builds in from the west in the afternoon. Expect light snow to start in the Red River Valley mid evening (earlier for Brandon) and last through the overnight period. We really start to get milder on Sunday along with more occasional light snow through the day. It’s back to a mix of sun and cloud on Monday with a high close to seasonal at -7.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 20/30in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 30/40 in the morning. S @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- New Sex offender fired as Elections Manitoba enumerator, agency says
- Elections Manitoba says it has fired one of its enumerators in Winnipeg after it was revealed that he is a sex offender.
- 'I have this car with a body in it,' accused in Elizabeth Lafantaisie homicide told police
- Thomas Brine, the man accused of killing and sexually assaulting Elizabeth Lafantaisie in 2011, told police he discovered the Winnipeg grandmother's body in the trunk of her car after he had stolen it, jurors in his first-degree murder trial heard today.
- Cancer causing chemicals prompt province-wide testing of nail salons video
- The CBC I-Team has learned that Manitoba will start widespread testing of nail salons in the province after three separate air quality tests in a nail salon showed higher than acceptable levels of formaldehyde.
- New Half-hearted? Only half of Manitobans plan to celebrate Valentine's Day, says poll
- A new poll suggests only half of Manitoban couples plan to celebrate Valentines Day.
- Jason Moszer, Fargo police officer shot during standoff, dies
- A suspect in the shooting of a North Dakota police officer has been found shot to death in the home where he barricaded himself for about 11 hours.