Set Souris as default location
Current ConditionsMon Dec 05, 16 at 7:52 PM CST
Feels like: -12
Feels like: 10
Sunrise: 8:22 AM
Sunset: 4:42 PM
NE 32 km/h
Pressure: 100.8 kPa
Snow at times heavy and blowing snow
Periods of snow and blowing snow
Summary(Celsius) Mon Dec 05, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Mon Dec 05, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Snow at times heavy and blowing snow. Amount 10 cm. Wind becoming north 40 km/h gusting to 60 this evening. Low minus 8.
Periods of snow and blowing snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 7.
Snow and blowing snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near minus 10.
|Periods of snow and blowing snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
You’ll remember last week on Thursday and Friday, I was talking about some snow for this week on Monday and Tuesday…. and some wind producing blowing snow. Well, not much has changed with that outlook other than the timing slightly and the amounts of snow. I’ll go ahead and call this a blizzard for Tuesday. It’s already happening to the west this morning. It really gets going overnight here in RR Valley. We should have 15cm down by supper time Tuesday but it will look like a lot more because of the winds and blowing snow. Winds will gust to 60km/h at leat through the entire day. I’m expecting another 5-10cm Tuesday night into Wednesday morning as the blizzard continues. Highways will be in terrible condition….. or even closed! Wind remains fairly strong on Wednesday with flurries. So… not much more accumulation on Wednesday and Thursday but blowing snow will still be an issue Wednesday morning and we could even see some lake effect accumulations depending strength and direction of wind. What also follows this system is an arctic outbreak. Daytime highs later in the week will be in the mid minus teens.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: E @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: N @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 25 in the afternoon.
- WEATHER Major winter storm bears down on southern Manitoba video
- "A major winter storm with significant snow and blowing snow" is about to hit southern Manitoba just days after the warmest ever November came to an end.
- 'Any woman is at risk': family of murdered wife warns as killer gets day parole video
- A man who murdered his wife in broad daylight on Portage Avenue in May 1994 is about to be released on day parole, and victim Kelly Lynn Stewner's family is worried.
- Indigenous Manitobans show cautious optimism as Dakota Access Pipeline construction halted
- Winnipegger Jade Harper had just delivered supplies to the camps at Standing Rock over the weekend when the atmosphere of the camp changed to jubilation and celebration.
- New Standing hearing for 'suicide by cop' inquest to be held in early 2017
- A standing hearing will be held in January to decide who can participate in an upcoming inquest into the death of 44-year-old Roy Thomas Bell in 2007.
- Hung vote fails to decide fate of Crescentwood condo project
- Winnipeg's chief planner and property chair wound up on opposite sides of a debate about infill housing as council's property and development committee failed to decide whether a condo project will rise on an empty plot of Crescentwood land.