Set Souris as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jul 28, 15 at 7:38 PM CDT
Sunrise: 6:06 AM
Sunset: 9:29 PM
SW 23 km/h
Pressure: 99.2 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jul 28, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Tue Jul 28, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers and risk of thunderstorms. Clearing before morning. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming west 50 gusting to 70 late this evening. Low 16.
Mainly sunny. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 60. High 21. UV index 7 or high.
A few clouds. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low 13.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
In case you haven’t seen the video of yesterday’s tornado yet, here’s the link: www.cbc.ca/-1.3170346. What is so unusual about this storm is that it stayed active for so long. It’s very rare to see a tornado on the ground for over 2 hours but that’s what the witness reports are adding up to. The best part… no injuries as far as we know. Going forward, we still have a huge amount of moisture dumping out of this system in Saskatchewan and that continues to track toward central MB. A rainfall warning is in effect for the north end of the lakes and in The Pas. For Wednesday, windy… and we’ll see some showers in the morning here in the Red River Valley but clearing in the morning in the western parts of the province. By 3:30 or 4pm we should start to see some sun in the Winnipeg area. Thursday will be a little unstable with a sun/cloud mix and a chance of a shower around mid day but that chance is slight. It does look fairly dry heading into the weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: SSW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: W @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 20 in the morning. WSW @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Friday: W @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- New Police chase ends with suspect's leg pinned by cruiser, witness says
- A man who works on Marion Street said he witnessed police arrest a woman and pin a man's leg with a cruiser car late Tuesday afternoon.
- Tornado sent 'trees flying all over' Manitoba farmer's property video
- People in southwestern Manitoba are cleaning up from last night's tornado, which left a path of destruction through local farms while downing hydro poles and almost lifting a storm chaser's truck off the ground.
- Man taken to hospital after shots fired in south Osborne area
- A male has been taken to hospital after shots were fired in Winnipeg's South Osborne area on Tuesday afternoon, police have confirmed.
- North Winnipeg powwow connects youth with indigenous traditions video
- Families and friends in a north Winnipeg community had a chance to bond over indigenous culture on Tuesday.
- Severe wind warning issued for Lake Winnipeg, Lake Manitoba
- Parts of Manitoba could get walloped by gale-force winds on Wednesday.