Set Minnedosa as default location
Current ConditionsThu Nov 26, 15 at 4:00 AM CST
Feels like: -15
Feels like: 5
Sunrise: 8:10 AM
Sunset: 4:44 PM
NNW 4 km/h
Pressure: 103.4 kPa
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Nov 26, 15 at 5:00 AM CST Thu Nov 26, 15 at 5:00 AM CST
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of light snow this morning and early this afternoon. Clearing late this afternoon. High minus 11.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 19. Wind chill minus 26.
Sunny. Wind becoming southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the morning. High minus 5. Wind chill minus 29.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Expect another rather chilly day Thursday. At least the wind won’t be as strong as it was on Wednesday afternoon. We reach a slightly below normal daytime high of -8 here in Winnipeg. Then…. just in time for the Santa Claus/Grey Cup Parade and the Grey Cup game on Sunday… we warm up for the weekend. We can also expect mainly sunny skies from Friday right through the weekend. I’m forecasting a high of -1 on Saturday and -3 on Sunday for the game. The temperature at kick-off should be around -5.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Friday: SW @ 15 in the morning. S @ 30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SSW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Blog American Thanksgiving is here, where are the Winnipeg Jets?
- The Winnipeg Jets lost to the Washington Capitals 5-3 on Wednesday night. While they may not be done for the season at this point, there are some things the Jets should do to hang out with the big boys in the NHL's Central Division, writes Adam Wazny.
- Winnipeg forum answers questions about doctor-assisted dying
- The Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities hosted a public forum on doctor-assisted dying on Wednesday evening to answer questions about the Supreme Court of Canada's ruling on the issue.
- Video Who'll win the Grey Cup? CFL Awards nominees weigh in video
- Nominees for the CFL's top honours are in Winnipeg in advance of Thursday's awards gala, and some were willing to say who they think will win the league's ultimate prize — the Grey Cup — on Sunday.
- Polar bear injured by radio collar part of U of A study, Environment Canada says
- Researchers from the University of Alberta are responsible for fitting a polar bear with a radio collar that appears to have injured the animal, an Environment Canada scientist says.
- Vigil at University of Manitoba remembers victims of attacks around the world
- Dozens gathered at the University of Manitoba on Wednesday night to remember those who have died in deadly attacks around the world in recent weeks, including the attacks in Paris earlier this month.