Set Minnedosa as default location
Current ConditionsWed Aug 27, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 27
Feels like: 81
Sunrise: 6:46 AM
Sunset: 8:36 PM
SSW 12 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Wed Aug 27, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Aug 27, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clear. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low 11.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming sunny in the morning. Increasing cloudiness late in the afternoon. High 28. UV index 6 or high.
Cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers with risk of a thunderstorm. Low 10.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers|
21° | 8°
70° | 46°
19° | 11°
66° | 52°
22° | 9°
72° | 48°
19° | 8°
66° | 46°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
High pressure has moved into southern Manitoba and moved that cloud out to the east. We’ll stay with sunny skies over the next couple of days as daytime highs climb back into the upper 20s by Thursday afternoon. The north is also fairly bright today, especially around Thompson but there is some cloud east of Norway house and another bank of cloud in the northeast around Churchill. I’ve been tracking a weak cold front that will move through the south late Thursday into Friday. Right now, it looks like that front will produce some overnight showers Thursday night and some early morning showers on Friday morning. Friday afternoon should be sunny but breezy and a little cooler at about 22 degrees. The normal seasonal high is 23 degrees. Expect sunshine Saturday but some showers Sunday with a risk of a thunderstorm.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: S @ 20 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Updated Woman dies after being hit by vehicle at Winnipeg intersection video
- A 35-year-old woman has died after she was struck by a vehicle at a Winnipeg intersection early Wednesday morning.
- New Winnipeg business owner does Ghostbuster-themed ALS challenge video
- The owner of Winnipeg’s Six Pines put a twist on the ALS ice bucket challenge on Wednesday – using green slime instead of ice water.
- Updated Premiers, aboriginal leaders propose missing women roundtable as 1st step video
- Canada's premiers and aboriginal leaders are calling on the federal government to compromise and have key ministers meet with them to discuss the issue of missing and murdered aboriginal women.
- Gord Steeves, mayoral candidate, proposes drones for police work
- Mayoral candidate Gord Steeves says he wants to get two aerial drones to complement the Winnipeg Police Service's helicopter, Air-1, in fighting crime.
- New Winkler firefighters get new tool for grain bin rescues
- Firefighters in Winkler, Man., have a new piece of equipment designed to rescue people trapped in grain bins.