Set Minnedosa as default location
Current ConditionsSat Aug 02, 14 at 2:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 6:09 AM
Sunset: 9:22 PM
N 3 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
A few thunderstorms
Summary(Celsius) Fri Aug 01, 14 at 11:59 PM CDT Fri Aug 01, 14 at 11:59 PM CDT
A few thunderstorms ending after midnight then cloudy. Amount 5 mm. Low 14.
Cloudy. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the morning. Wind becoming north 20 km/h in the morning. High 24. UV index 8 or very high.
A few clouds. Low 12.
|Mainly cloudy||Sunny||Periods of rain||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
23° | 11°
73° | 52°
27° | 10°
81° | 50°
30° | 12°
86° | 54°
30° | 14°
86° | 57°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
All week I’ve been talking about the showers along a cold front moving through southern Manitoba on Saturday. The forecast timing of the front has been a challenge but it’s still looking to me like a morning event for the Winnipeg area. The front comes through from the northwest overnight so it loses a lot of the energy it had Friday in Saskatchewan. Expect a narrow band of showers Saturday morning, then clearing in the afternoon and evening. Behind that system, humidity levels drop significantly and we return to the same stable weather pattern we’ve enjoyed this week. Highs on the long weekend will be in the mid 20s and then we warm back up to the upper 20s next week. It’s also a dry week with lots of sunshine through at least Thursday. I will be watching a minor disturbance to the south of the province Monday night that could track a little farther north. I’ll keep an eye on that one this weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. NNE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Monday: Light Wind in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
- Crow shark fossil, believed to be world's largest, found in Manitoba
- The fossilized remains of a crow shark that is believed to be 80 to 90 million years old has experts talking at a Manitoba fossil museum, 39 years after it was unearthed at a mine site.
- Video Gimli's Icelandic Festival celebrates 125th anniversary video
- Organizers of this year's Icelandic Festival in Gimli, Man., are hoping to see lots of visitors this weekend for the event's 125th anniversary.
- Gord Steeves to sell Winnipeg police HQ if elected mayor video
- Gord Steeves says if he's elected mayor of Winnipeg, he would look at selling the city's new police headquarters along with an office tower connected to it and the Millenium Library parkade.
- Family of man in Stella Avenue standoff angry with police video
- Family members of a Winnipeg man who died during an armed standoff with police this week are heartbroken by his death and angry at police for not giving them an opportunity to save him.
- Severe thunderstorm warning ended for western Manitoba
- A severe thunderstorm warning ended for parts of western Manitoba on Friday evening.