Set Minnedosa as default location
Current ConditionsFri Dec 13, 13 at 3:00 PM CST
Feels like: -33
Feels like: -27
Sunrise: 8:31 AM
Sunset: 4:37 PM
E 14 km/h
Pressure: 103.4 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 13, 13 at 11:00 AM CST Fri Dec 13, 13 at 11:00 AM CST
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 24. Wind chill minus 36.
Snow. Amount 2 cm. Low minus 26.
A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 22.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
-12° | -25°
10° | -13°
-4° | -11°
25° | 12°
-7° | -10°
19° | 14°
-11° | -15°
12° | 5°
-22° | -22°
-8° | -8°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
It’s a colder day than yesterday… especially in the north. Wind chill warnings in the north have now ended but that part of the province is still in the “10 minutes or less” range for frostbite to occur. At least there is lots of sunshine. In the south, expect a generally cloudy day with a few sunny breaks this afternoon. That band of snow I’ve been talking about all week for Friday overnight into Saturday is right on track. It’ll happen after midnight and be east of the Red River Valley by morning. There will be a few sunny breaks across the south Saturday afternoon, then more cloud moves in for early Sunday. Sunday afternoon, a warm front moves into the province and brings some snow. It will be an afternoon snow for the Brandon region and later in the day for the Winnipeg area. Temperatures will continue to warm up Sunday night into Monday morning. Monday will be the mildest day in over 2 weeks as the temp rises to -5. Tuesday… the temp goes the other way dropping into the mid minus teens by the afternoon and all the way to the mid minus twenties by Wednesday morning.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NNE @ 15/20 in the morning. NNE @ 15 in the afternoon.
Sunday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Monday: Light Wind in the morning. SSE @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- New Sherbrook Pool gets lifeline from Winnipeg executive committee
- The city's top committee has allocated $1.7 million to re-open Sherbrook Pool.
- Close call for Winnipeg students as their bus catches fire
- A Winnipeg school bus driver is breathing a sigh of relief that no students were on board his bus when it went up in flames Friday, but says it was a close call.
- 125 cats, dog seized from Wolseley house video
- About 120 cats have been removed from a house in Winnipeg's Wolseley neighbourhood, while one person has been charged with uttering threats during the seizure.
- High-priced hooch on offer at Manitoba liquor marts
- A growing demand for high-end liquor has prompted Manitoba Liquor Commission officials to bring in whiskey with a "wow factor."
- Donations pouring in to flooded Winnipeg homeless shelter
- Donations are pouring into Siloam Mission after a burst pipe flooded a storage room at the shelter Thursday, ruining thousands of dollars worth of food, clothing and medical supplies.