Baker Lake, NU
Set Baker Lake as default location
Current ConditionsMon Jan 16, 17 at 4:00 AM CST
Feels like: -39
Feels like: -38
Sunrise: 9:51 AM
Sunset: 3:17 PM
E 4 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Mon Jan 16, 17 at 4:00 AM CST Mon Jan 16, 17 at 4:00 AM CST
Cloudy. Snow beginning this morning. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres late this morning and early this afternoon. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning then light this afternoon. High minus 21. Wind chill minus 46.
Snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature rising to minus 16 this evening then steady. Wind chill minus 34.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of light snow. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres late in the morning and in the afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the morning. Temperature falling to minus 25 in the afternoon. Wind chill minus 36.
|Chance of light snow||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Snow and blowing snow||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Nunavut Arctic College criticized for abruptly cancelling program, evicting students
- Nunavummiut are questioning Nunavut Arctic College's decision to cancel its Inuit Studies program with little notice, just after the program's students returned to Iqaluit from holiday break.
- New Nunavut's Back River mine proposal needs more study, Ottawa says
- The Nunavut Impact Review Board rejected Sabina Gold and Silver Corporation’s proposed Back River gold mine project in June, but the federal government is concerned with some of the board’s findings.
- Yukon Forum signals 'sea change' for territorial, First Nation relations
- The first Yukon Forum under the Liberal government of Premier Sandy Silver delivered a working agreement between Yukon and First Nations' governments amid statements of goodwill from participants.
- Photos Fort Providence dogsled racing in photos
- Mushers from across the North descended on Fort Providence, N.W.T for races this weekend.
- Photos Your North: CBC North's photos of the week for Jan. 2-16
- A selection of your submissions of beautiful sights across the North from the first two weeks of January.