Baker Lake, NU
Set Baker Lake as default location
Current ConditionsMon Jan 26, 15 at 8:00 AM CST
Feels like: -34
Feels like: -29
Sunrise: 9:25 AM
Sunset: 3:48 PM
SSW 22 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Jan 26, 15 at 4:00 AM CST Mon Jan 26, 15 at 4:00 AM CST
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 22. Wind chill minus 39 this morning and minus 31 this afternoon.
Light snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h overnight. Low minus 27. Wind chill minus 42.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near minus 27. Wind chill minus 45.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-30° | -30°
-22° | -22°
-33° | -37°
-27° | -35°
-33° | -33°
-27° | -27°
-34° | -36°
-29° | -33°
-32° | -36°
-26° | -33°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Yukon couple credit carbon monoxide detector for saving their lives
- Jesse Cooke says he, his wife Sarah Cooke and their unborn child, may not be alive if they had not been woken up last week by an alarm.
- New Pangnirtung developers raise money to translate video game into Inuktitut
- Nunavut-based developers Pinnguaq recently released Beneath Floes, a critically acclaimed free game based on an Inuit legend. Through a Kickstarter campaign, they're raising funds to have it translated into Inuktitut and other aboriginal languages.
- Clock ticking on Ekati mine expansion: Dominion Diamond Corporation
- The owner of the N.W.T.'s Ekati diamond mine says it's worried the current timeline for reviewing an expansion will delay the start of construction for the project.
- Lower dollar means bigger market in U.S. for northern art
- The Canadian dollar is at its lowest value in more than 10 years, and that's good news for Inuit artists who now have a bigger market in the United States.
- Updated Successful air search and rescue conducted near Rankin Inlet
- RCMP and Canadian Forces co-ordinated a successful air search Saturday morning for a missing person near Rankin Inlet, Nunavut. The found person's name has not yet been confirmed.