Baker Lake, NU
Set Baker Lake as default location
Current ConditionsMon Jul 25, 16 at 6:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 4:08 AM
Sunset: 10:54 PM
E 16 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Mon Jul 25, 16 at 4:00 AM CDT Mon Jul 25, 16 at 4:00 AM CDT
Rain ending this afternoon then cloudy. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Temperature steady near 9.
Clearing. Low plus 5.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness late in the afternoon. High 16.
|Sunny||Rain||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- 'We are forgotten': Group decries lack of Inuit among MMIW commissioners
- The national Inuit women’s organization, Pauktuutit, is disappointed with the proposed list of commissioners for the inquiry into missing and murdered indigenous women and girls because it does not include an Inuk.
- New research confirms Arctic hunting riskiest in spring and fall
- A climate change researcher says his newly published research will let emergency responders in the Arctic know which days a search and rescue is more likely to happen, which could make them better prepared.
- Arviat family goes 'back to tradition,' travels to Winnipeg sans plane ticket
- It may have taken a year to plan — and some not-so convenient modes of transportation — but Kevin Kalluak says it was well worth it.
- Inuit press claim for co-ownership of Franklin artifacts
- Inuit have asked the new Liberal government to ensure they have co-ownership of artifacts recovered by divers from the sunken wreck of HMS Erebus, a Sir John Franklin ship discovered in 2014. In the meantime, Canadian negotiations are in discussions with the Royal Navy about which of those objects Britain will own permanently.
- Hitchin' a ride for 17 years: Polish world traveller crosses Yellowknife off list
- Krzysztof Chmielewski has made his way across 49 countries by sticking his thumb out and hitching a ride.