Baker Lake, NU
Set Baker Lake as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 01, 14 at 1:00 PM CDT
Feels like: -12
Feels like: 10
Sunrise: 7:32 AM
Sunset: 6:55 PM
ENE 34 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 01, 14 at 10:00 AM CDT Wed Oct 01, 14 at 10:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. Snow beginning this afternoon. Amount 5 cm. Wind east 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 2.
Snow and local blowing snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind east 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near minus 3.
Snow ending early in the morning then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Local blowing snow in the morning. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near minus 3.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Cloudy|
-7° | -7°
19° | 19°
-7° | -7°
19° | 19°
-3° | -8°
27° | 18°
1° | -3°
34° | 27°
0° | -2°
32° | 28°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Breaking Franklin expedition ship found in Arctic ID'd as HMS Erebus video
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper will announce today in the House that the Franklin expedition ship found last month in the Arctic has been identified as HMS Erebus, CBC News has learned.
- Updated Collision near Kakisa closes N.W.T. Hwy 1
- RCMP say Highway 1 between Enterprise and the Highway 3 Junction will be closed for most of the day as they investigate a serious motor vehicle collision near Kakisa, N.W.T.
- New Yvonne Niego, Nunavut RCMP Sgt., wins international police award
- Sgt. Yvonne Niego of Baker Lake, Nunavut, received the Community Service Award at a luncheon gathering of the International Association of Women Police in Winnipeg today.
- 'Deadbeats' in N.W.T. owe $10M in child support
- More than 1,000 people have registered for help collecting child support payments through the territory's maintenance enforcement program. Just 4 people are on staff to help them.
- New First Nations girl's family rejects chemo, hospital goes to court to force treatment
- Lawyers from the McMaster Children’s Hospital in Hamilton have gone to court in an attempt to force a First Nations girl back into chemotherapy, but her mother says the judicial system has no authority over her child's treatment.