Baker Lake, NU
Set Baker Lake as default location
Current ConditionsWed Feb 10, 16 at 11:45 AM CST
Feels like: -48
Feels like: -54
Light Snow and Blowing Snow
Sunrise: 8:39 AM
Sunset: 4:37 PM
NW 28 km/h
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed Feb 10, 16 at 10:00 AM CST Wed Feb 10, 16 at 10:00 AM CST
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Blowing snow with visibilities frequently less than 1 kilometre. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 29. Wind chill minus 50.
Partly cloudy. Blowing snow with near zero visibility at times. Wind northwest 50 km/h gusting to 70. Low minus 35. Wind chill minus 54.
A mix of sun and cloud. Blowing snow with near zero visibility at times. Wind northwest 50 km/h gusting to 70. High minus 30. Extreme wind chill minus 56.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- N.W.T. gov't spends $26M on 8 new Fireboss water bombers
- The Government of the Northwest Territories is paying $26 million for a new fleet of eight water bombers. It's the first time the GNWT has bought new planes for the purpose since it inherited the federal government's Canadair C-215s, which were introduced in 1969.
- Yukon government to own Dawson City sewage plant
- The town of Dawson City won't be taking over its wastewater treatment plant, as originally intended. The Yukon government says the facility costs more to operate than expected.
- Jeffrey Salomonie did not intend to kill Daisy Curley, argues defence
- In his closing statements Tuesday, defence lawyer James Morton said the trial of Jeffrey Salomonie was about one issue: Salomonie's state of mind when he killed Daisy Curley.
- 8 N.W.T. MLAs have to go to court before they can take their seats
- Eight Northwest Territories MLAs have to go to court before they can take their seats during the first major session of the legislative assembly next week.
- Colville Lake, N.W.T., now powered by solar/diesel hybrid system
- Colville Lake, N.W.T., is pioneering a solar power/diesel power hybrid system that is poised to reduce the town's reliance on fuel. 'Apparently the world energy sector has its eyes on how this system is going to work,' say's the facility's manager.