Set Whitecourt as default location
Current ConditionsSat Apr 19, 14 at 7:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 6:32 AM
Sunset: 8:51 PM
ESE 21 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Sat Apr 19, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT Sat Apr 19, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy this evening with 60 percent chance of showers late this evening and overnight. Low plus 2.
Showers ending near noon then a mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming west 30 km/h gusting to 50 except gusting to 70 in wind prone areas late in the morning and early afternoon. High 14. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clearing in the evening. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light in the evening. Low minus 3.
|Showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Rain or snow||Cloudy||Cloudy|
14° | 2°
57° | 36°
5° | 0°
41° | 32°
11° | -2°
52° | 28°
8° | -1°
46° | 30°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Tune in to Edmonton AM weekday mornings for weather news from Stephanie.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11 and on the afternoon radio show Radio Active.
Edmonton related links
- WebcamEdmonton City Centre
- Birds eye view of Edmonton
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- In Depth Dying for a drink: Canada's role in Peru's water crisis
- Peru is quickly losing access to clean water because of climate change and an expanding mining industry. It's a crisis that has already cost many lives and is driving violent clashes. The CBC's Marion Warnica presents an in-depth look at the worsening crisis and Canada's role in it.
- New measles case comes from child travelling to Edmonton
- Alberta health officials are warning the public of possible measles exposure after a second case of the highly contagious disease in the Edmonton area was confirmed on Saturday.
- How dearth of Canadian teams in NHL hockey playoffs will hit local economies video
- Bars and restaurants in six of seven Canadian NHL cities are bracing for another spring without a hometown run at the Stanley Cup, but despite their dire financial predictions, some experts insist that local economies – including the service industry – will survive without playoff hockey.
- Kevin Martin retires from curling
- Former Olympic curling champion Kevin Martin has announced his retirement. A four-time Brier champion, Martin won Olympic gold in Vancouver in 2010, and won the World Curling Championship in 2008.
- Updated Calgary stabbings: victims' families come together to heal video
- The families of the five young people killed this week in a stabbing in Calgary say they have come together in their healing.