Set Whitecourt as default location
Current ConditionsThu Aug 28, 14 at 5:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 6:43 AM
Sunset: 8:45 PM
NNW 14 km/h
Pressure: 101.6 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 28, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT Thu Aug 28, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT
A few clouds. Hazy this evening. Low plus 4.
Increasing cloudiness. Showers beginning in the afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm late in the afternoon. High 18.
Showers ending late in the evening then clearing. Risk of a thunderstorm early in the evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low 6.
|Showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
16° | 4°
61° | 39°
16° | 5°
61° | 41°
16° | 6°
61° | 43°
13° | 6°
55° | 43°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Johnathan Pratt given 8-year sentence for crash that killed 3
- Johnathan Pratt, 30, was found guilty in May for being behind the wheel of a truck that smashed into a car carrying Bradley Arsenault, 18, Thaddeus Lake, 22 and Kole Novak, 18, on Nov. 26, 2011.
- Jasper National Park cabin plan goes to Federal Court
- Two conservation groups are asking a federal judge to scrap the controversial plan to allow a private company to build overnight cabins in Jasper National Park, saying that could lead to more development in other parks across Canada.
- Thomas Lukaszuk's $20K cell bill triggered by cabinet minister's family dispute
- Alberta former deputy premier Thomas Lukaszuk, now a Conservative leadership candidate, says he was dealing with legal issues related to a dispute between a cabinet minister and a sibling when he ran up a $20,000 cellphone roaming bill while vacationing in Poland in 2012.
- Matthew de Grood, accused in Calgary stabbings, awaits 2nd psychiatric report
- A second psychiatric assessment of a man accused of stabbing five young people to death at a house party in Calgary earlier this year is not yet ready, a judge heard Thursday.
- Back-to-school sleep tips for kids
- Occupational therapist Jennifer Garden offers tips to reset kids' sleep schedules heading into a new school year.