Set Whitecourt as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 24, 17 at 6:00 AM MST
Feels like: -14
Feels like: 7
Sunrise: 8:43 AM
Sunset: 5:07 PM
W 8 km/h
Chance of flurries
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 24, 17 at 5:00 AM MST Tue Jan 24, 17 at 5:00 AM MST
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries early this morning. Clearing this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High minus 5.
A few clouds. Low minus 14.
Mainly sunny. High minus 4.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- New Still not clear when Edmonton's 'ugliest building' will be torn down
- It's been sitting empty for several months now and although surrounded by a metal fence there's still no word when Edmonton's old Baccarat Casino will be torn down.
- Alberta Liberals ask for inquiry into drug-related deaths in jails
- The Alberta Liberals are calling for a public inquiry into drug-related deaths of inmates at correctional facilities and remand centres. Liberal Leader David Swann wants an inquiry to look at how drugs are screened and how to better prevent contraband from being smuggled into jails.
- Métis protest construction of northern Alberta TransCanada LNG pipeline
- Pipeline protesters in northern Alberta are attempting to block construction of a liquified natural gas (LNG) pipeline because the Métis community says they weren't consulted about the project, and the pipeline runs underneath a water source that a nearby community depends on.
- Saturday's suspicious death now deemed an Edmonton homicide
- An autopsy shows Ian Janvier, 28, died of gunshot wounds, police said Monday. Police found the injured man near a 110th Avenue and 84th Street apartment building Saturday morning. He later died in hospital.
- Delay for controversial Whyte Avenue highrise
- Developers behind a proposed highrise along Whyte Avenue will have to wait another eight weeks to see if Edmonton city council will let them begin construction on the huge new apartment building.