Set Whitecourt as default location
Current ConditionsFri Nov 28, 14 at 8:44 AM MST
Feels like: -25
Feels like: -13
Sunrise: 8:34 AM
Sunset: 4:27 PM
N 3 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Nov 28, 14 at 5:00 AM MST Fri Nov 28, 14 at 5:00 AM MST
Snow ending this morning then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High minus 19 with temperature falling to minus 22 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 30 this afternoon.
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Temperature steady near minus 22. Wind chill minus 33.
Clearing in the morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h in the afternoon. High minus 16. Wind chill minus 28.
|Clearing||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-15° | -26°
5° | -15°
-12° | -20°
10° | -4°
-8° | -16°
18° | 3°
-1° | -18°
30° | -0°
5° | -11°
41° | 12°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Updated City plows working 'around the clock' to clear roads
- While plows are already out and the main arterial roads are mainly cleared, drifting snow and blustery conditions are still making driving along some of the city’s residential roads and alleys difficult.
- New Tory plan to protect LGBT students doesn't go far enough, critic says
- An expert in sexual minority studies says a bill being proposed by Alberta Premier Jim Prentice to protect LBGT students from bullying does not go far enough.
- 5 things to do in Edmonton this weekend
- Whether you prefer spending your winter indoors or out, there are plenty of options available to you this weekend ... unfortunately, one thing you likely won't be able to avoid is shovelling your sidewalks. Drive safe and stay warm, Edmonton!
- Video Snow removal crews battle blizzard to keep YEG runways open video
- CBC videographer Rick Bremness joined snowplow operators at the Edmonton International Airport Thursday to capture the crew in action.
- Police struggling to hire officers from African community
- Recruitment is key to improving relationships between police and Edmonton’s African communities, police were told at a public meeting at the African Centre this week.