Winnipeg (The Forks), MB
Set Winnipeg (The Forks) as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jul 29, 15 at 9:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 26
Feels like: 79
Sunrise: 5:54 AM
Sunset: 9:16 PM
WNW 8 km/h
Pressure: 100.9 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jul 29, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Jul 29, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Partly cloudy. Wind northwest 50 km/h gusting to 70 diminishing to 30 then becoming light late this evening. Low 15.
A mix of sun and cloud. Risk of a thunderstorm late in the afternoon. Wind becoming west 30 km/h gusting to 50 in the morning. High 27. UV index 6 or high.
Partly cloudy. Becoming clear late in the evening. Risk of a thunderstorm in the evening. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light late in the evening. Low 15.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
The nasty low that has dropped huge amounts of rain and Saskatchewan and Manitoba in the past couple of days (72mm in Norway House), blew trucks off the highway, and produced that strong tornado Monday night is finally making its way out of the province. Sunshine has returned to Saskatchewan and western Manitoba and the the back edge of the cloud will move across the Red River Valley later this afternoon. Once the sun appears, we should get to 24 degrees in Winnipeg. NW Ontario hangs on to the cloud and a few showers through the day. Winds will gradually drop as the system moves east. We are back into a more stable weather pattern as we approach the long weekend with highs close to the seasonal normal of 26 and fairly sunny skies over the next few days. I do see a slight chance for a shower or T-Storm on Sunday so I’ll keep a close eye on that for you.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: WNW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Thursday: W @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 10 in the morning. WSW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- Tornado in southwestern Manitoba gets 'high-end EF-2' rating
- A violent tornado that roared through southwestern Manitoba earlier this week has received a "high-end EF-2" preliminary rating from Environment Canada.
- New Blue Bombers, Lions trade snarky Simpsons barbs over Twitter
- The B.C. Lions fired off a snarky tweet to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers Wednesday night shortly after arriving in Manitoba.
- Federal election 2015: Manitoba analysts weigh in on expected early call
- A federal election call that's expected to happen sometime this weekend will mean voters across Canada, including those in Manitoba, will see the longest campaign in decades, analysts in Winnipeg say.
- Ex-Scouts leader faces sex charges 3 years after others raised concerns
- A former Scouts Canada leader in Winnipeg is accused of sexually abusing a teenage girl, but charges against him were laid several years after the organization was made aware of concerns about his conduct.
- Feature CBC's Made in Manitoba Challenge: Manitoba's got talent
- CBC Manitoba challenges you to find out how Made in Manitoba you are. Take our quiz and enter to win passes to Interstellar Rodeo!