Winnipeg (The Forks), MB
Set Winnipeg (The Forks) as default location
Current ConditionsWed Sep 02, 15 at 11:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 31
Feels like: 88
Sunrise: 6:44 AM
Sunset: 8:12 PM
N 2 km/h
Pressure: 100.8 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Wed Sep 02, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Sep 02, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
A few clouds. Wind south 20 km/h. Low 20.
Mainly sunny. Wind south 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 34. UV index 6 or high.
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy overnight. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 20.
|Mainly sunny||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Rain||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I wouldn’t be surprised to see another heat warning for Thursday. Temps will be 32 to 33 degrees and it will also be humid. The instability numbers are “through the roof” for Thursday afternoon but it seems there is a lack of a trigger to get storms started. There is a front moving through the south but it looks like that will happen on Friday. I still have a slight risk for a storm on Thursday evening but there is a capping inversion in place so that will inhibit the formation of storms. Still… very hot and humid into Thursday evening. The change happens Friday with afternoon and evening rain along with embedded thunderstorms. Saturday will be a better day to be outside with a sun/cloud mix and occasional showers. Then Sunday is a “soaker” with periods of rain and winds getting gusty. Labour Day looks cloudy and windy with a cooler 18 degree high in the afternoon.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SE @ 20 in the morning. SE @ 30/50 the afternoon.
Friday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the EVENING.
Saturday: N @ 20/30 in the morning. NNE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Sheila North Wilson humbled, elated after MKO grand chief win
- "It feels good to be a part of history like this and it's credit to the chiefs and the council that elected me," Sheila North Wilson said after the win.
- Bail denied to youth accused in Charleswood murder of Kathleen Leary
- The accused was known to Leary and charged with second degree murder in relation to her death in May.
- 12 Manitoba eateries closed this summer for health code violations
- Manitoba Health has published its latest round of restaurant closures, listing a dozen closures this summer.
- MKO election: Sheila North Wilson elected as first female grand chief video
- The new grand chief of Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO) was revealed today at the annual general assembly, following two rounds of ballots.
- Opinion A letter to those spitting on Winnipeg's streets, just stop already
- "Public spitting seems to be escalating, and I'm not sure why," Jo Holness writes.