Winnipeg (The Forks), MB
Set Winnipeg (The Forks) as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 31, 14 at 8:00 AM CDT
UV: 7 (High)
Sunrise: 5:57 AM
Sunset: 9:13 PM
NNE 3 km/h
Pressure: 101.6 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 31, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT Thu Jul 31, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT
Mainly sunny. High 28. UV index 7 or high.
Clear. Low 14.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the morning. High 29.
26° | 16°
79° | 61°
25° | 12°
77° | 54°
26° | 12°
79° | 54°
29° | 15°
84° | 59°
30° | 15°
86° | 59°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Not much change in the pattern. Thursday looks hot at 29 and Friday will be similar. I have been talking about showers Saturday night but I have dropped those from the forecast for now. Most of the model guidance isn’t leaning in that direction. However, I’ll be watching a few things as Saturday approaches. Dewpoints will be higher so it will be a humid day. The temperature will be up around 29 degrees so there will be lots of warmth at the surface wanting to rise. I see a wind shift in the afternoon which may indicate a front passing. That may be the trigger to get some late day storms started. I’ll continue to track how that plays out closer to the weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. N @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg airport runway reopens after months of repairs
- A runway at the James Armstrong Richardson International Airport that had been shut down for upgrades since April is ready to be reopened.
- Winnipeg armed standoff 'resolved,' police give no further details video
- An armed standoff in Winnipeg that lasted nearly 17 hours has ended, after a man fired gunshots at officers while barricading himself inside a house, police say.
- Winnipeg mayoral candidates cringe at 'fringe' label
- Some of Winnipeg's mayoral contenders are taking issue with a label that was recently bestowed upon them in the media: "fringe candidate."
- Auto repair rules result in 31 complaints about Manitoba shops
- Thirty-one complaints have been filed about Manitoba auto repair shops in the year since the provincial government rolled out new consumer protection regulations.
- Mr. Big stings: Supreme Court to rule on admissibility of evidence
- Canada's Supreme Court will release a decision Thursday on whether evidence collected using a so-called Mr. Big police sting operation is admissible in court.