Winnipeg (The Forks), MB
Set Winnipeg (The Forks) as default location
Current ConditionsFri Mar 07, 14 at 2:00 PM CST
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Feels like: -16
Feels like: 3
Sunrise: 7:00 AM
Sunset: 6:19 PM
N 12 km/h
Pressure: 102.6 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Mar 07, 14 at 11:00 AM CST Fri Mar 07, 14 at 11:00 AM CST
Sunny. Wind north 30 km/h becoming light this afternoon. High minus 9. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Low minus 22.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the afternoon. High minus 7.
|Mainly sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
2° | -11°
36° | 12°
1° | -3°
34° | 27°
-8° | -11°
18° | 12°
-4° | -14°
25° | 7°
0° | -11°
32° | 12°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Here’s a look at the snowfall amounts from Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning.
|Snowfall amounts since March 5|
|Stony Mountain||14 cm|
|Portage la Prairie||9 cm|
|SOURCE: Environment Canada|
You can see that the totals are higher to the north. Winnipeg’s total is about 3cms higher than I thought it would be. That’s due to the track of the third round of snow last night. Cooler weather is here behind the system. Today’s temp will stay close to -11. Saturday looks like the day to get outside this weekend if you want some sun and manageable temps. We’ll see a high up around -7. Sunday is milder at zero but will be cloudy. Monday brings some snow but it will be the sloppy variety because of a high of zero once again. Tuesday is the cool day next week… then we start to get milder again before next weekend.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 20 in the morning. W @ 15 in the afternoon.
Monday: N @ 10/15 in the morning. N @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Manitoba MP says no call for inquiry is a 'slap in the face'
- Manitoba NDP MP Niki Ashton said a report from MPs on violence against indigenous women tabled Friday is a slap in the face to the families of missing and murdered indigenous women.
- Winnipeg undergoing 'renaissance' says mayor
- In his 10th state of the city address, mayor Sam Katz didn't hide from some of the issues that have dogged Winnipeg city hall this year, such as construction cost overruns on the new police headquarters and controversy over a fire hall land swap deal.
- Vic Toews appointed judge in Manitoba
- Former public safety minister Vic Toews, who retired from federal politics last year, has been appointed a judge on the Court of Queen's Bench in Manitoba.
- Ottawa orders railways to move grain each week video
- The federal government says it will introduce an order-in-council forcing railways to move a minimum amount of grain each week.
- Don’t put STARS back in air, victim’s father urges
- The father of a woman who died on a Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society air ambulance flight says the Manitoba government is making a mistake by putting the suspended air ambulance service back in the air.