Winnipeg (The Forks), MB
Set Winnipeg (The Forks) as default location
Current ConditionsFri Oct 09, 15 at 7:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:40 AM
Sunset: 6:52 PM
SSW 12 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Fri Oct 09, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri Oct 09, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
A few clouds. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light before morning. Low 11.
Mainly sunny. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h in the morning. High 25. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light late in the evening. Low 13.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
A sunny and somewhat foggy start will turn into an afternoon with some high level cloud cover. We’ll get to 16 degrees this afternoon with the help of a sturdy south wind. (30/40km/h) I’ve been watching the weekend numbers and sky conditions closely and it appears that 2 of the 3 days are going to be spectacular if you like being outside. Saturday and Sunday will produce some sun and some cloud and temps around 23 to 24 degrees. There’s a big, gusty change moving in on Sunday night into Monday morning. Winds overnight will gust to 70km/h and we’ll wake up thanksgiving Day to the same gusty winds, a few showers and MUCH cooler conditions. The temperature will start out at 7 degrees on Monday and won’t move much at all throughout the day. I do think we’ll see some clearing through Monday afternoon. Tuesday rebounds nicely with respect to temperature. Daytime highs will be in the mid 20s through the middle of the week but we do cool down again toward the end of the week. The seasonal normals as of Friday are +1 and 12 degrees. It won’t be long before the normal overnight low is below zero.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 15 in the morning. S @ 15/20 the afternoon.
Sunday: SW @ 15 in the morning. W @ 30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- Woman slain in North End had filed for protection order against alleged killer
- The 20-year-old woman found bleeding to death outside a North End home Thursday morning was denied a protection order against the man now charged in her death.
- City changes plans on unpopular East Kildonan road project
- Shoppers in East Kildonan won't have to go out of their way to access a neighbourhood strip mall now that the city has revised road work plans that would have forced customers to take an inconvenient detour.
- New 'The way we dress does not define us': A Hutterite perspective on the niqab
- As a woman from the Hutterite culture, I have spent my writing career trying to rehabilitate decades of hostilities and misrepresentations about my people and their way of life.
- Long lines slow Winnipeg voters on 1st day of advance polls video
- Advance polling stations opened Friday, but many Winnipeggers are complaining about long lines and an inadequate amount of workers on hand to deal with the volume of eager voters.
- Trailer Park Boys' Mr. Lahey answers federal election questions
- The irreverent trailer park superintendent, played by actor John Dunsworth, is offering 60 different responses on everything from aboriginal issues, to healthcare and legalizing marijuana.