Winnipeg (The Forks), MB
Set Winnipeg (The Forks) as default location
Current ConditionsFri Sep 19, 14 at 9:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:10 AM
Sunset: 7:35 PM
N 11 km/h
Pressure: 100.3 kPa
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Sep 19, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri Sep 19, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early this evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 11.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late in the morning and in the afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h early in the afternoon. High 17.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers in the evening and after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm early in the evening. Wind northwest 30 km/h. Low 9.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
23° | 7°
73° | 45°
22° | 9°
72° | 48°
23° | 14°
73° | 57°
23° | 11°
73° | 52°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We’ll have a generally cloudy sky this afternoon with a few sunny breaks possible but the chance for showers is still there. I posted a couple of Satellite/Radar images on Twitter (@johnsaudercbc) at noon to show you where the showers are. The showers taper off tonight but cloud remains into Saturday. We’ll see a few sunny breaks Saturday but there is a chance for some scattered morning showers and a chance for some afternoon thunderstorms as well. Sunday will be sunny and pleasant across the south with an afternoon high of 19 degrees and fairly light winds. We are under a ridge of high pressure heading into next week which means sunny skies and a warm 24 degrees for both Monday and Tuesday. There is another disturbance bringing some showers for the Wednesday time period.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: WNW @ 15 in the morning. WNW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Monday: SW @ 10 in the morning. WSW @ 15 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeggers react to worst hospital wait times in country video
- Winnipeggers are reacting to a report released Thursday that showed several city hospital emergency rooms have some of the longest wait times in Canada.
- New Small and gritty: Jets seek big things from Perreault
- Do big things really come in small packages? For the Winnipeg Jets, that's the $3-million question when it comes to newcomer Matthieu Perreault, writes Jeff Hamilton.
- 6 stories from the Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- With the Canadian Museum for Human Rights officially opening this weekend, CBC News shares six stories from inside and outside the museum's walls.
- NDP forces Commons debate on murdered, missing indigenous women video
- NDP MP Romeo Saganash made an emotional appeal for a federal inquiry into missing and murdered aboriginal women after the New Democrats took advantage of the sparse end-of-week turnout in the House of Commons to seize control of the parliamentary agenda.
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights opening marked by music, speeches and protests video
- It was a morning of music, dance, speeches, a little rain and a lot of protest as the Canadian Museum for Human Rights officially opened in Winnipeg.