Winnipeg (The Forks), MB
Set Winnipeg (The Forks) as default location
Current ConditionsSun Feb 07, 16 at 5:00 AM CST
Feels like: -6
Feels like: 21
Sunrise: 7:54 AM
Sunset: 5:32 PM
NW 8 km/h
Pressure: 99.7 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sun Feb 07, 16 at 5:00 AM CST Sun Feb 07, 16 at 5:00 AM CST
Snow. Blizzard developing this morning. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 increasing to 60 gusting to 80 this morning. Temperature falling to minus 12 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 25 this afternoon.
Snow ending this evening then clearing. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres this evening. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 15. Wind chill minus 26.
Sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 12. Wind chill minus 26.
|Sunny||Sunny||Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m tracking a snowy and blustery clipper crossing the region on Sunday. Snow will intensify Saturday night and so will the wind. Sunday will not be a great day to be on highways. I’m expecting 5-7cm of snowfall but winds gusting to 60km/h on Sunday afternoon so expect visibility issues on southern Manitoba highways. On Monday we’ll see some sunshine but a falling temperature as cold, Arctic air filters southward. Temps should be at around -18 by Monday afternoon and into the mid minus 20s by Tuesday morning. Current computer models are bringing more flurries in on Wednesday and more chilly weather our way for the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- Recap Drew Stafford, Jets hand loss to Avalanche
- Drew Stafford had two goals, including the go-ahead score, and the Winnipeg Jets beat the Colorado Avalanche 4-2 on Saturday night.
- Winnipeg man charged with string of offences after high-speed chase in Neepawa video
- RCMP say a 27-year-old Winnipeg man has been charged with a string of offences following a high-speed chase in western Manitoba, in which a stolen SUV slammed into a police cruiser and dragged an officer who was trying to make the arrest.
- Big city mayors meeting one for the record books, Brian Bowman says
- A recent meeting of mayoral minds in the nation's capital was one for the record books, Winnipeg Mayor Brian Bowman says.
- Assault on Stella Avenue sends woman to hospital
- A woman is in hospital following an early-morning assault in the 500 block of Stella Avenue in Winnipeg.
- 'Lost Taser' not lost after all, Winnipeg police say
- Winnipeg police say a Taser they thought was lost somewhere in the North End Saturday was actually in their possession all along.