Set Clarenville as default location
Current ConditionsTue Mar 03, 15 at 11:30 AM NST
Feels like: -13
Feels like: 9
Sunrise: 6:44 AM
Sunset: 5:52 PM
WNW 33 km/h
Pressure: 98.4 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Tue Mar 03, 15 at 11:00 AM NST Tue Mar 03, 15 at 11:00 AM NST
Snow ending near noon then mainly cloudy. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Wind west 50 km/h gusting to 80. Temperature falling to minus 8 this afternoon.
Clearing this evening. Wind west 50 km/h gusting to 70 diminishing to 30 gusting to 50 overnight. Low minus 18. Cold wind chill minus 30.
Increasing cloudiness. Snow beginning near noon. Amount 5 cm. Blowing snow over exposed areas in the afternoon and evening. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming south 40 gusting to 60 in the afternoon. High minus 1. Cold wind chill minus 28.
|Snow||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
2° | -6°
36° | 21°
-10° | -14°
14° | 7°
-6° | -16°
21° | 3°
0° | -7°
32° | 19°
-6° | -10°
21° | 14°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Access to information laws to get an overhaul
- Major changes are coming to access to information laws in Newfoundland and Labrador following the much-anticipated release Tuesday morning of a report prepared by an independent commission.
- Updated Cartwright house fire leaves 2 dead
- Firefighters and the RCMP remain on the scene of a fire that took the lives of two people and destroyed a house in Cartwright overnight Monday.
- Underage bar patrons: 'There's always somebody'
- A young woman who frequented downtown bars as an underager says club owners are losing the battle when it comes keeping minors outside their doors.
- Marine Atlantic delays North Sydney-Port Aux Basques crossing
- Weather conditions in the Cabot Strait have forced Marine Atlantic to delay today's ferry crossings.
- Blowing snow closes schools in central and western Newfoundland
- Winter weather closed schools in much of Newfoundland and Labrador on Tuesday, with blowing snow and winds causing heavy drifting on the province's roads and highways.