Stony Plain, AB
Set Stony Plain as default location
Current ConditionsFri Dec 06, 13 at 8:00 PM MST
Feels like: -37
Feels like: -35
Sunrise: 8:36 AM
Sunset: 4:18 PM
WSW 10 km/h
Pressure: 104.7 kPa
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 06, 13 at 4:00 PM MST Fri Dec 06, 13 at 4:00 PM MST
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 32. Extreme wind chill minus 41 overnight.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon then 60 percent chance of light snow late in the afternoon. Wind becoming west 20 km/h in the afternoon. High minus 18. Wind chill minus 36.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of light snow early in the evening. Clearing overnight. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low minus 26. Wind chill minus 32.
|Periods of light snow||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-8° | -14°
18° | 7°
-18° | -23°
-0° | -9°
-16° | -21°
3° | -6°
-18° | -23°
-0° | -9°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Tune in to Edmonton AM weekday mornings for weather news from Stephanie.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11 and on the afternoon radio show Radio Active.
Edmonton related links
- WebcamEdmonton City Centre
- Birds eye view of Edmonton
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- How Nelson Mandela found inspiration in Canada video
- Canada bestowed its highest accolades and even honorary citizenship upon Nelson Mandela, and the legendary freedom fighter often described the country as a source of inspiration throughout his struggle for racial equality in South Africa.
- Premier Alison Redford shuffles cabinet
- A number of ministers have been moved to new jobs and some have been demoted in a cabinet shuffle announced late Friday afternoon by Alberta Premier Alison Redford.
- EPS approves hijab for Muslim officers' uniforms
- Female officers in the Edmonton Police Service will be allowed to wear police-issued hijab headscarves while in uniform.
- Former Oilers owner Peter Pocklington avoids prison
- Peter Pocklington will not begin serving a six-month prison sentence on Monday. The former Edmonton Oilers owner has appealed his conviction for breaching probation on a previous perjury conviction related to a bankruptcy fraud case.
- Bitter cold snap hard on Alberta's cattle ranchers video
- Friday marked the coldest day of the year so far and southern Alberta cattle ranchers say the frigid temperatures can take a toll.