Stony Plain, AB
Set Stony Plain as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 29, 15 at 7:00 AM MST
Feels like: -8
Feels like: 18
Sunrise: 8:27 AM
Sunset: 5:11 PM
SE 5 km/h
Pressure: 102.9 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 29, 15 at 5:00 AM MST Thu Jan 29, 15 at 5:00 AM MST
Fog dissipating this morning then a mix of sun and cloud. High minus 2.
Mainly cloudy. Low minus 6.
Cloudy. Snow beginning in the morning. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming east 20 km/h late in the afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 12 in the afternoon.
|Snow||Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-15° | -16°
5° | 3°
-15° | -21°
5° | -6°
-12° | -18°
10° | -0°
-12° | -21°
10° | -6°
-9° | -20°
16° | -4°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- New 'Dragon' dinosaur with ultra-long neck found by Alberta researchers
- A new species of dinosaur with a neck half the length of its body has been discovered by University of Alberta paleontologists in China.
- New Potholes proliferate in early January thaw
- The unusual January warming trend is kicking off an equally unusual early pothole season.
- Pedestrian badly hurt in snow removal accident
- A woman was taken to hospital Wednesday with life-threatening injuries after she was hit by snow removal machinery in north Edmonton.
- Seniors' advocate calls for cameras in care homes after disturbing hidden footage revealed
- In the wake of the release of two shocking hidden camera videos shot in a long-term care home in Edmonton, some are pushing for cameras to be installed in all residents’ rooms.
- Tories old and new meet for first caucus amid election talks
- Progressive Conservative MLAs old and new met for the first time today. Meanwhile, Premier Jim Prentice remains vague on an upcoming election and possibe cabinet shuffle.