Set Amherst as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 29, 15 at 10:00 PM AST
Feels like: -16
Feels like: 3
Sunrise: 7:43 AM
Sunset: 5:17 PM
ENE 4 km/h
Pressure: 102.2 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 29, 15 at 4:00 PM AST Thu Jan 29, 15 at 4:00 PM AST
Clear. Low minus 14.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon. High minus 2.
Cloudy. Snow at times heavy beginning after midnight. Snow mixed with ice pellets before morning. Risk of freezing rain before morning. Snow and ice pellet amount 10 to 15 cm. Local blowing snow overnight. Wind becoming northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 overnight. Low minus 8 with temperature rising to zero by morning.
|Increasing cloudiness||Periods of snow||Cloudy||Sunny||Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud|
-11° | -13°
12° | 9°
-10° | -18°
14° | -0°
-11° | -16°
12° | 3°
-9° | -16°
16° | 3°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- New Nova Star ferry given credit for bump in hotel revenue
- The Nova Star ferry may have eaten through money last year, but it was also partly responsible for an $11 million bump in hotel revenue, according to a provincial report.
- New Wyses Corner fire victims' family trying to recover
- A Nova Scotia family is trying to recover from an unspeakable tragedy that took three of their own.
- Hennigar’s Farm Market, Wolfville landmark, for sale
- Doug Hennigar is selling the farm, but says it’s not because business is bad.
- Halifax police search for suspects in serious assault
- Halifax police are looking for help to find two suspects in a serious assault on New Year's Day in downtown Halifax, an assault so bad the victim is still in hospital.
- Princess of Acadia ferry grounding caused by maintenance deficiencies
- A Transportation Safety Board investigation of the Princess of Acadia grounding in 2013 found maintenance deficiencies, inadequate emergency procedures and lax oversight by Transport Canada.