Set Winkler as default location
Current ConditionsThu Nov 27, 14 at 6:00 PM CST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 8:00 AM
Sunset: 4:39 PM
SSE 15 km/h
Pressure: 102.6 kPa
Periods of light snow
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Nov 27, 14 at 4:00 PM CST Thu Nov 27, 14 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy. Periods of light snow beginning late this evening. Low minus 16.
Periods of snow. Amount 2 cm. High minus 10.
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Temperature steady near minus 10.
|Periods of snow||Chance of snow||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
-18° | -21°
-0° | -6°
-19° | -25°
-2° | -13°
-9° | -17°
16° | 1°
-12° | -16°
10° | 3°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Yes…. it’s cold! It’s certainly colder than it should be for this time of year. But… would you rather be in the east where the Maritimes is being hammered with a nor’easter? Or would you rather be in the western prairies or in central B.C. where knee deep snow seems to be the order of the day. Here in southern Manitoba, the sunshine sticks around for most of the day. That snow in the west is heading in this direction though. The low will lose a lot of it’s energy as it moves toward Manitoba. Expect light snow to start this evening in the west and overnight in the Red River Valley. Light snow or flurries will continue off and on through Friday as we “soar” to -10 (normal high is -6). The temperature will continue to rise slightly Friday night into Saturday… then fall Saturday afternoon to about -14. Saturday is also a cloudy and windy day with flurries and occasional light snow. Sunday, it’s back to the deep freeze with sunshine, highs around -19 and high wind chills as well.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SSE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: E @ 10/15 in the morning. E @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Sunday: SW @ 15 in the morning. W @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- New Former patient sexually assaulted at Winnipeg hospital
- A former psychiatric patient who was sexually assaulted by a ward clerk at a Winnipeg hospital shared her story for the first time Thursday.
- New Manitoba composter in spat with province over smelly site video
- The Manitoba government is in a stinky licensing dispute with a commercial compost company that is facing a stop-work order even though the two continue to do business together.
- Fringe financial services stepping into gap left by banks: expert video
- An increasing number of Canadians are being left behind by mainstream banks, and that leaves customers vulnerable to fringe services such as payday lenders and rent-to-own stores, according to a Winnipeg expert.
- Winnipeggers prepare for Black Friday shopping frenzy video
- With Black Friday less than two days away, shoppers are already coming up with a plan of attack, making lists of where the big deals are.
- Winnipeg Graffiti Gallery mixes messages with new exhibit video
- The Winnipeg Graffiti Gallery opened a new exhibit Thursday entitled "Mixed Messages," where more than 20 Manitoba artists are turning digital messages into art.