Set Winkler as default location
Current ConditionsWed Sep 17, 14 at 10:00 AM CDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:11 AM
Sunset: 7:42 PM
NNE 21 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Wed Sep 17, 14 at 5:36 AM CDT Wed Sep 17, 14 at 5:36 AM CDT
Increasing cloudiness early this morning. High 15. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clearing early this evening. Low plus 4 with risk of frost.
A mix of sun and cloud. 60 percent chance of showers in the evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 early in the afternoon. High 22.
|Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
23° | 15°
73° | 59°
22° | 8°
72° | 46°
23° | 9°
73° | 48°
23° | 5°
73° | 41°
25° | 5°
77° | 41°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
It’s back to sunshine for the entire province on Wednesday along with a cooler high of 16 in southern sections of the province. It will be much cooler in the north behind that cold front. We do warm up to 20 on Thursday and 24 on Friday but there is some instability along with that warmer air. Computer forecast models suggest showers Thursday night into Friday morning with clearing on Friday and a warm high of 24 degrees. It does look like we’ll have a warmer weekend this time around across southern Manitoba with highs Saturday and Sunday around 20 to 21 degrees.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NE @ 20/25 in the morning. NE @ 20 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 20 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- New Former Winnipeg city councillor gets nod to run for Tories
- Scott Fielding has been nominated as the Progressive Conservative Party's candidate in Kirkfield Park.
- Bones found along banks of Red River in Winnipeg
- Bones have been found on the shoreline of the Red River in Winnipeg.
- Speed, alcohol, no seatbelt blamed in fatal Manitoba crash
- A 42-year-old man died after the vehicle he was driving went into a ditch and hit a hydro pole north of Winnipeg.
- Drivers seen speeding, smoking, cell-talking in Brandon school zones
- The behaviour of Brandon drivers was scrutinized in school zones on Wednesday morning.
- Sacred fire planned at human rights museum to highlight First Nations water issues video
- A group of First Nations people plans to light a sacred fire near the Canadian Museum for Human Rights in Winnipeg to educate visitors about how many indigenous communities don't have access to clean drinking water.