Set Winkler as default location
Current ConditionsTue Dec 06, 16 at 1:00 AM CST
Feels like: -9
Feels like: 16
Sunrise: 8:12 AM
Sunset: 4:35 PM
NNE 28 km/h
Pressure: 100.2 kPa
Periods of snow and blowing snow
Snow at times heavy and blowing snow
Summary(Celsius) Mon Dec 05, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Mon Dec 05, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy. Periods of light snow beginning this evening then changing to snow at times heavy and blowing snow overnight. Amount 5 cm. Wind becoming north 40 km/h gusting to 60 near midnight. Low minus 5.
Snow at times heavy and blowing snow. Amount 10 to 15 cm. Wind northwest 50 km/h gusting to 70. Temperature steady near minus 4.
Periods of snow and blowing snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 8.
|Snow at times heavy and blowing snow||Snow and blowing snow||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We haven’t had an all out blizzard in a while but that’s what we are dealing with today. We should have 15cm down by supper time Tuesday but it will look like a lot more because of the winds and blowing snow. Winds will gust to 60km/h at leat through the entire day. I’m expecting another 5-10cm Tuesday night into Wednesday morning as the blizzard continues. Highways will be in terrible condition….. or even closed! Wind remains fairly strong on Wednesday with flurries. So… not much more accumulation on Wednesday and Thursday but blowing snow will still be an issue Wednesday morning and we could even see some lake effect accumulations depending strength and direction of wind. What also follows this system is an arctic outbreak. Daytime highs later in the week will be in the mid minus teens.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: N @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 25 in the afternoon.
- Snow, winds close schools, cancel buses in parts of Manitoba
- The snow and wind has already cancelled buses and classes in parts of Manitoba.
- WEATHER Major winter storm bears down on southern Manitoba video
- "A major winter storm with significant snow and blowing snow" is about to hit southern Manitoba just days after the warmest ever November came to an end.
- CBC IN STANDING ROCK N.D. Indigenous leader willing to support future pipeline fights
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe chairman Dave Archambault, who has been at the centre of a contentious pipeline debate in North Dakota, says he's willing to support future pipeline fights — including those in Canada.
- 'Any woman is at risk': family of murdered wife warns as killer gets day parole video
- A man who murdered his wife in broad daylight on Portage Avenue in May 1994 is about to be released on day parole, and victim Kelly Lynn Stewner's family is worried.
- Indigenous Manitobans show cautious optimism as Dakota Access Pipeline construction halted video
- Winnipegger Jade Harper had just delivered supplies to the camps at Standing Rock over the weekend when the atmosphere of the camp changed to jubilation and celebration.