Set Winkler as default location
Current ConditionsMon Nov 24, 14 at 7:00 PM CST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 7:55 AM
Sunset: 4:42 PM
W 6 km/h
Pressure: 101.7 kPa
A few clouds
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Nov 24, 14 at 7:02 PM CST Mon Nov 24, 14 at 7:02 PM CST
Clear. Becoming partly cloudy this evening. Low minus 20.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon. High minus 9.
Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries early in the evening. Wind becoming north 20 km/h overnight. Low minus 25. Wind chill minus 30.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
-19° | -25°
-2° | -13°
-8° | -19°
18° | -2°
-7° | -10°
19° | 14°
-16° | -22°
3° | -8°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
On Friday I was talking about the big change I was expecting through the afternoon on Sunday. The cold front did go through bringing the cold wind, falling temps and a rather sudden freeze up along with freezing drizzle, power outages and slippery streets and sidewalks. Now we are back into some very cold weather for the rest of the week. Today’s high in the sunshine is only -11…. Tuesday… -10 degrees. There will be a quick moving clipper that pushes through the southernmost part of the province on Tuesday afternoon. Areas as far north as Winnipeg will see some cloud in the afternoon but not much snow. Behind that system, even colder weather with highs of -17 on Wednesday and -13 on Thursday. Overnight lows will be in the -20s. I’m tracking a developing low that could bring more snow across the south on Friday and Saturday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: NW @ 30 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: WNW @ 10 in the morning. NNE @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Judge Lori Douglas's offer to retire early accepted by judicial panel
- A Canadian Judicial Council panel has accepted an offer from Lori Douglas, a senior Manitoba judge, to retire early in exchange for avoiding a hearing on whether she should be kicked off the bench over nude photos of her that appeared on the internet.
- Blog New NDP ministers' fire power tested
- Question period wasn't as laser focused as it was last week, not in topic and not in personnel.
- Mareshia Rucker 'overwhelmed' by visit to human rights museum video
- It's been a whirlwind visit to Winnipeg for Mareshia Rucker, the 19-year-old U.S. student whose fight for a racially integrated prom is featured at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- Winnipeg arts group asks new mayor to make good on campaign promise
- The Winnipeg Arts Council hopes a new mayor and council will boost its funding by half a million dollars.
- Manitoba Tories' effort to bring down troubled NDP yawns into next week
- Manitoba's Progressive Conservatives' attempt to split the ruling but beleaguered NDP further and bring down the government will down will likely stretch into next week.