Set Winkler as default location
Current ConditionsTue Dec 10, 13 at 2:00 AM CST
Feels like: -31
Feels like: -24
Sunrise: 8:16 AM
Sunset: 4:34 PM
NW 11 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Dec 09, 13 at 4:00 PM CST Mon Dec 09, 13 at 4:00 PM CST
Partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 26. Wind chill minus 34 this evening.
Clearing near noon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h near noon. High minus 21. Wind chill minus 32 in the afternoon.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low minus 28. Wind chill minus 38.
|Clearing||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny|
-16° | -26°
3° | -15°
-21° | -22°
-6° | -8°
-26° | -31°
-15° | -24°
-22° | -32°
-8° | -26°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
There isn’t much that is ‘unique’ about southern Manitoba having a winter cold snap…. but this one is unique in the fact that it’s so long. Overnight lows will be between -26 and -30 and daytime highs will be in the -20s for most of this week and through the weekend. Wind chill is also something to consider when spending time outside. You need to cover the exposed skin or risk frostbite. I don’t see a change in the pattern until early next week. There is a slight warm up on Thursday but it comes with a chance of flurries.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SW @ 15 in the morning. SW @ 15/25 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 10 in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg driver blames unplowed road's ruts for crash video
- A Winnipeg woman says she'll have to pay for a car crash that she and others believe was caused by a city street in need of snow clearing.
- Coyote spotted in Winnipeg's Point Douglas neighbourhood video
- A recent coyote sighting in Winnipeg's Point Douglas neighbourhood has some residents keeping a close watch over their pets.
- Manitoba MP upset after aboriginal women denied flight video
- A Manitoba MP is crying discrimination after two aboriginal women were not allowed to board a plane with her, even though they had tickets.
- Investors Group Field's press box woes blamed on CFL video
- The Canadian Football League is being blamed for an inadequate media facility at Winnipeg's new stadium, which must be renovated if the city wants to host the Grey Cup.
- Winnipeg police share holiday theft prevention tips video
- The Christmas holidays are a time to give, but Winnipeg police are reminding homeowners to protect themselves so thieves don't take away their gifts and possessions.