Set Morden as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 08, 16 at 8:00 AM CST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 8:14 AM
Sunset: 4:35 PM
NW 20 km/h
Pressure: 103.5 kPa
Periods of snow
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 08, 16 at 5:00 AM CST Thu Dec 08, 16 at 5:00 AM CST
Periods of snow. Local blowing snow early this morning. Local amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 this afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 15 this afternoon.
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h. Low minus 23. Wind chill minus 32.
Sunny. Wind west 20 km/h. High minus 20. Wind chill minus 34.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Winds start to drop on Thursday so conditions will gradually improve through the day. We start to get colder Thursday though with a high at -9 (bang on normal). Friday will be mainly sunny but very cold. Daytime highs will be around -17 on Friday which starts an extended period of very cold weather which lasts through the weekend and well into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: W @ 10 in the morning. WSW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Live Black rights activist Viola Desmond to be first Canadian woman on $10 bill video
- Civil rights activist Viola Desmond will be the first Canadian woman on $10 bill. CBCNews is livestreaming the announcement from Ottawa.
- New Storm's over but extreme cold arrives in southern Manitoba
- The blustery winds have calmed down and the snow has eased up so people in southern Manitoba are finally getting a chance to shovel their way out of a two-day storm. But they'll need to do it in their warmest of woolies.
- Airbus chosen to build Canada's new search planes, ending 12-year procurement odyssey
- The Liberal government has chosen the Airbus C-295 transport as the country's next fixed-wing search-and-rescue plane. CBC News is livestreaming the $2.4 billion procurement announcement from CFB Trenton.
- Manitoba Storm Centre: School closures, highway info, weather alerts
- Check out the CBC Manitoba's Storm Centre to get the latest road conditions, school cancellations, business and community closures and power outages from across the province.
- Provinces urged to help solve unfixed safety recalls
- Provincial governments across Canada are missing an opportunity to improve auto safety by not checking for unfixed or open safety recalls when owners register their vehicles, experts say.