Set Morden as default location
Current ConditionsTue Feb 09, 16 at 3:00 PM CST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 7:53 AM
Sunset: 5:41 PM
NNE 10 km/h
Pressure: 102.9 kPa
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Tue Feb 09, 16 at 11:00 AM CST Tue Feb 09, 16 at 11:00 AM CST
Cloudy. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High minus 15. Wind chill minus 27.
Increasing cloudiness. Periods of snow beginning after midnight. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h overnight. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 27.
Periods of snow ending in the morning then cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Clearing late in the afternoon. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light in the afternoon. High minus 13. Wind chill minus 27.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Nice to see, and even feel, some sunshine today. Still… feels like winter! Our temps across the southeast will stay steady near -17 degrees. It’s a different story just to the west. An upper ridge of high pressure in the western part of the prairies is bringing very warm air to southern AB and southern SK. Even the southwest corner of MB is tapping into the warmer air. It’s -3 in Melita as of noon. It’s 10 degrees in Calgary as I write this at 11am MST. I’m tracking a weak disturbance that will have Brandonites shovelling some snow in the morning on Wednesday. It’s an overnight snowfall amounting to about 5cm. We could even pick up a couple of cm here in Winnipeg but the Red River Valley will be right on the edge of the snow band. The snow moves south early in the day but cloudy skies and occasional flurries stay with us through the rest of Wednesday. Sunny skies take us into the weekend but Friday and Saturday are “plug in the car” weather before a return to seasonal conditions on Sunday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 15/20 in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Updated Blue Bombers sign CFL all stars Harris, Medlock
- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have hooked two major players on the first day of the CFL's free agency — running back Andrew Harris and placekicker Justin Medlock.
- New CATSA to investigate handling of Manitoba grand chief's ceremonial pipe
- The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) says it is investigating after allegations were made by Manitoba Grand Chief Derek Nepinak that security staff at the Ottawa International Airport mishandled sacred objects in his carry-on luggage.
- New 'Uber Winnipeg' Instagram page not official, company says
- An Instagram account promoting Uber in Winnipeg, with the claim that it's coming to the city in May, is not an official account, according to the ride-sharing company.
- Food prices in Churchill could rise 13%, North West Company says
- The North West Company says grocery prices in Churchill, Man., could rise by around 13 per cent due to rail service cuts, but the northern town's mayor accuses the company and other retailers of not passing on provincial shipping subsidies to consumers.
- Good Samaritan concerned about CAA Manitoba policy requiring driver to be with car
- A Winnipeg woman says she's concerned after a CAA Manitoba dispatcher told her that an elderly man he had to be with his stranded car when a tow truck arrived, when he'd been offered a ride to wait somewhere warm instead.