Set Ingonish as default location
Current ConditionsSat Mar 08, 14 at 2:00 PM AST
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:28 AM
Sunset: 5:56 PM
S 13 km/h
Pressure: 100.3 kPa
A few rain showers or flurries
Chance of flurries or rain showers
Summary(Celsius) Sat Mar 08, 14 at 11:00 AM AST Sat Mar 08, 14 at 11:00 AM AST
Increasing cloudiness. A few rain showers or flurries beginning this afternoon except flurries over the Highlands. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light late this afternoon. Temperature steady near plus 4 except near plus 1 over the Highlands. UV index 3 or moderate.
A few rain showers or flurries ending this evening then partly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Risk of freezing drizzle early this evening. Flurries over the Highlands early this evening. Rainfall amount 2 mm except snowfall amount 2 cm over the Highlands. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h late this evening. Low minus 10.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the afternoon. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High minus 8.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud|
-5° | -20°
23° | -4°
-1° | -15°
30° | 5°
1° | -6°
34° | 21°
-5° | -10°
23° | 14°
-6° | -9°
21° | 16°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Teen injured after 20-metre cliff fall in Glace Bay
- A teenage girl was taken to hospital with serious injuries after she fell down a 20-metre cliff in Glace Bay, N.S., Friday night and had to be rescued from the ice and water below.
- New Fans flocking to women's university hockey
- The popularity of women’s university hockey in New Brunswick has jumped in the wake of the 2014 Sochi Olympics, with record crowds showing up to watch teams play.
- Garbage truck knocks out power to 700 in North Sydney
- Nearly 700 Nova Scotia Power customers in North Sydney, N.S., are without power after garbage truck clipped an electrical wire and pulled down two utility poles Saturday morning.
- Anne of Green Gables musical hits world record
- The Anne of Green Gables musical first hit the stage in 1965 and on Friday that remarkable run got a nod from Guinness World Records.
- Halifax's Artillery Place proposal too tall?
- A development proposal for Artillery Place in downtown Halifax is heading to the city's design review committee next week but it may not go ahead because it’s too tall.