Set Ulukhaktok as default location
Current ConditionsFri Feb 24, 17 at 11:00 AM MST
Feels like: -44
Feels like: -47
Sunrise: 8:45 AM
Sunset: 5:23 PM
NE 14 km/h
Pressure: 102.3 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Fri Feb 24, 17 at 11:00 AM MST Fri Feb 24, 17 at 11:00 AM MST
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming east 20 km/h late this afternoon. High minus 27. Wind chill minus 39.
A few clouds. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low minus 30. Wind chill minus 42.
Mainly sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 28. Wind chill minus 43.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New 'nurse navigator' guides Indigenous patients on cancer journey
- A nurse who has spent decades in remote communities is now supporting Indigenous patients through cancer treatment here in Ottawa.
- Close to 100 people helped in search for Joe Black, missing Tlicho hunter
- RCMP say 80-90 would be a conservative estimate of the number of people involved with the search for a missing hunter who is recovering in hospital today.
- First Nation wants inquest into Yukon woman's death, cites 'systemic racism' in health care
- A coroner's investigation into Cynthia Blackjack's death in 2013 determined she died of liver failure. But Blackjack's family and the Little Salmon Carmacks First Nation still have questions.
- Ongoing stomach infection study reaches Inuvik, N.W.T.
- Ongoing research in the Mackenzie Delta is changing the way a common bacterial stomach infection is being treated, and now Inuvik residents are being recruited to help.
- Rideau High School classroom an oasis of Inuit culture
- Every Wednesday, Inuit students at Rideau High School gather to learn about or re-connect with their culture. But the school's scheduled closure may mean the end of this unique program.