Set Ulukhaktok as default location
Current ConditionsWed Sep 17, 14 at 11:00 AM MDT
Sunrise: 7:09 AM
Sunset: 8:22 PM
E 39 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Periods of light snow mixed with rain
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Wed Sep 17, 14 at 11:00 AM MDT Wed Sep 17, 14 at 11:00 AM MDT
Cloudy. Periods of light snow mixed with rain beginning this afternoon. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50. High plus 2.
Periods of light snow ending near midnight then cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 1.
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50. High plus 1.
|Chance of flurries||Cloudy||Cloudy||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries|
0° | -2°
32° | 28°
-2° | -4°
28° | 25°
-2° | -8°
28° | 18°
0° | -1°
32° | 30°
-1° | -2°
30° | 28°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Hay River seniors centre installs solar panels
- The future is bright for the Whispering Willows Seniors complex in Hay River, where this week crews are installing the largest array of rooftop solar panels in the Northwest Territories.
- Yellowknife cries foul on power rate hike; others cry foul on city
- Yellowknife city hall is urging the public utilities board to take the power corporation to task on its latest proposed rate hike. Others say the city itself has also been pushing up the cost of living in the capital.
- 19 remote cottage lots draw 60 Yukoners to land lottery today
- Sixty people have applied for 19 remote cottage lots the government is selling on Bennett and Tagish Lakes. A lottery draw will be held this afternoon to see who gets to buy.
- N.W.T. has no confirmed cases of enterovirus D68
- We’ll know next week whether enterovirus D68 is behind 11 respiratory infections diagnosed in the N.W.T. since the summer, but Dr. Andre Correvieau says the virus is only a variant of the common cold.
- Yukoner heading to Special Olympic World Summer Games
- A 14-year-old track and field athlete from Whitehorse has qualified for Team Canada and will be heading to the Special Olympics World Summer Games in Los Angeles next year.