Set Westlock as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 29, 14 at 6:00 AM MDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 6:38 AM
Sunset: 8:35 PM
E 11 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Fri Aug 29, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT Fri Aug 29, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT
Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness early this afternoon. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning. High 19. UV index 5 or moderate.
Cloudy. Showers beginning early this evening and ending overnight. Clearing before morning. Risk of a thunderstorm late this evening and after midnight. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low 6.
Sunny in the morning and early in the afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers in the evening. Wind becoming west 20 km/h near noon. High 19.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
19° | 7°
66° | 45°
17° | 9°
63° | 48°
16° | 9°
61° | 48°
15° | 7°
59° | 45°
15° | 6°
59° | 43°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- New Elderly woman struck and killed in west Edmonton
- Police are investigating after a 73-year-old woman was struck and killed in west Edmonton Thursday night.
- 5 things to do in Edmonton this weekend
- It’ll be a musical weekend in the capital city, with symphonies, Sonic Boom and a new documentary about the city’s music scene.
- Video Johnathan Pratt given 8-year sentence for crash that killed 3 video
- Johnathan Pratt, 30, was found guilty in May for being behind the wheel of a truck that smashed into a car carrying Bradley Arsenault, 18, Thaddeus Lake, 22 and Kole Novak, 18, on Nov. 26, 2011.
- Memorial to be set up for cyclist killed 2 years ago
- Jonathan Behnke, one of the late Isaak Kornelsen’s friends and teammates at the University of Alberta, is making what he calls a "parklet."
- Video Florence Storch, 101, goes for gold at Canada 55+ Games video
- A silver medal performance at the Canada 55+ Games is enough to keep Alberta's Florence Storch striving to be the best in the javelin throw … at age 101