Set Westlock as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 24, 14 at 11:00 AM MDT
UV: 6 (High)
Feels like: 26
Feels like: 79
Sunrise: 5:35 AM
Sunset: 9:49 PM
E 15 km/h
A few showers
A few showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 24, 14 at 11:10 AM MDT Thu Jul 24, 14 at 11:10 AM MDT
Mainly cloudy. A few showers beginning this afternoon. Risk of a severe thunderstorm this afternoon. Amount 5 to 10 mm. High 21. UV index 6 or high.
Showers. Risk of a severe thunderstorm this evening. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Wind becoming west 20 km/h gusting to 40 this evening. Low 13.
Showers. Amount 10 to 15 mm. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40 increasing to 50 gusting to 70 in the morning then diminishing to 30 gusting to 50 in the afternoon. Temperature steady near 14.
|A few showers||Chance of showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
21° | 12°
70° | 54°
25° | 12°
77° | 54°
27° | 13°
81° | 55°
26° | 14°
79° | 57°
28° | 14°
82° | 57°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- New CF-18 struck by lightning forced to land in Whitecourt, Alta.
- The airport manager confirmed that the plane was struck while it was on its way to the Hometown Heroes Airshow scheduled to take place this weekend.
- New Cigarette butts in flower pots cause fires, chief says
- The $10 million condominium fire caused by someone putting out a cigarette in a balcony planter prompted a frustrated fire chief Ken Block to speak out about the dangers of that practice.
- Parents can now name Alberta children who died in care
- On Wednesday, cabinet approved Bill 11, which lifts the automatic publication ban on children “who have come to the attention” of the director of children services.
- Health executive involved in illegal political donations
- A Health Quality Council of Alberta board member was involved in illegal political donations to the provincial Progressive Conservative party using public money before he was named to the board, documents obtained through freedom of information show.
- Garlic spray tested on mosquitoes in Leduc video
- Made up of 99.3 per cent garlic juice, the spray is an organic, natural product that isn’t harmful to humans, animals or other insects.