Set Carmacks as default location
Current ConditionsSat Aug 30, 14 at 5:00 PM PDT
Sunrise: 6:49 AM
Sunset: 9:23 PM
NNW 9 km/h
Pressure: 100.3 kPa
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Sat Aug 30, 14 at 4:00 PM PDT Sat Aug 30, 14 at 4:00 PM PDT
Cloudy. 70 percent chance of showers changing to 30 percent chance of showers this evening. Low plus 4.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers in the morning. High 14.
Mainly cloudy. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low plus 4.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
14° | 1°
57° | 34°
14° | 4°
57° | 39°
14° | 2°
57° | 36°
15° | 1°
59° | 34°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yellowknife jury convicts Nunavut man of sexual assault
- Forty-one year old Noel Avadluk was found guilty of sexual assault, but not guilty of attempting to suffocate his victim. A date for sentencing has not been set yet.
- Yukon Mounties don red serge for dousing with ice water
- Ten Yukon RCMP officers raised $1,000 for the ALS ice bucket challenge by putting on their ceremonial uniforms and being drenched with ice and Yukon River water.
- N.W.T.’s Bluenose-East, Bathurst caribou in ‘alarming’ decline
- A June survey of the Northwest Territories’ barren ground caribou calving grounds suggest both the Bluenose-East and the Bathurst caribou herds ‘are declining at an alarming rate.’
- Speedy drivers in Inuvik get gentle reminder to slow down
- The town of Inuvik has bought an electronic sign that displays the speed of oncoming vehicles in hopes of slowing traffic and even saving lives.
- Family faces eviction from a home they thought they owned
- The chief of the Salt River First Nation in Fort Smith, N.W.T., has given a family of five until 6 p.m. tonight to vacate their home. Anthony John McKay was once a tenant of the First Nation, but he says the band council gave him the house last year, and has no right to take it back.