Set Shilo as default location
Current ConditionsThu Sep 03, 15 at 2:00 PM CDT
UV: 6 (High)
Feels like: 33
Feels like: 91
Sunrise: 6:56 AM
Sunset: 8:20 PM
S 20 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Thu Sep 03, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT Thu Sep 03, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT
Clearing early this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating early this afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h early this afternoon. High 33. UV index 6 or high.
Partly cloudy. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low 18.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers in the morning and afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. High 24.
|Chance of showers||Cloudy||Showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
A heat warning is in effect again for southern Manitoba. Temps across the south will be in the 30s again today… that’s once the cloud clears. The low level cloud with us this morning formed south of the border and drifted northovernight. The cloud deck is sitting at about 600 feet so it’s a little gloomy. It will clear from the southeast this afternoon and the temps will shoot up accordingly. Dew points are in the low 20s which represents a whole bunch of humidity. Humidex values will be over 40 where the temps rise. The change happens Friday with afternoon and evening rain along with embedded thunderstorms. Saturday will be a better day to be outside with a sun/cloud mix and occasional showers but mostly later in the day. That rain intensifies Saturday night. Then Sunday is a “soaker” with periods of rain and winds getting gusty. Labour Day looks cloudy and windy with scattered showers and a cooler 18 degree high in the afternoon.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SE @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: SE @ 15 in the morning. ESE @ 25/30 the afternoon.
Saturday: WNW @ 20/25 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NE @ 20/25 in the morning. E @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg police seek person of interest in downtown apartment mail thefts
- Winnipeg police are looking for a person of interest after mail was stolen from at least 11 apartment buildings in the city's downtown and West End areas last month.
- 2 people overdose on fentanyl in Winnipeg
- Two people overdosed and a third required medical care after ingesting fentanyl in Winnipeg.
- Selinger supports Mulcair's promise to expand Canada Pension Plan
- Manitoba NDP Premier Greg Selinger says he supports the federal party's election promise to expand the Canada Pension Plan.
- Updated Father of Alan Kurdi, drowned Syrian boy, describes desperate ordeal to save sons video
- The father of a Syrian toddler whose body washed up on a Turkish beach says his two sons "slipped away" from him after their rowboat capsized trying to reach the Greek island of Kos from Turkey with several other refugees.
- Feedback sought on proposed all-in-one ID card for Manitobans
- Manitobans are invited to share their views on a proposed all-in-one Personal Identification Card (PIC) that would combine a person’s driver’s licence, photo ID, health and travel card.