Set Shilo as default location
Current ConditionsWed Mar 01, 17 at 3:00 PM CST
Feels like: -13
Feels like: 9
Sunrise: 7:21 AM
Sunset: 6:20 PM
NNW 12 km/h
Pressure: 102.4 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Mar 01, 17 at 11:00 AM CST Wed Mar 01, 17 at 11:00 AM CST
Mainly sunny. High minus 7.
Increasing cloudiness this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 24. Wind chill minus 31.
Mainly cloudy. Clearing in the afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 12. Wind chill minus 32.
|Clearing||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Last night’s light snow missed the city to the south, but not far. It amounted to 1-2cm, That’s it. We cleared much earlier than I thought we would so expect a generally sunny Wednesday afternoon and a clear and cold night ahead.
Thursday will be the coldest day of the week feeling more like January with a sunny and breezy high of just -14.
I’m tracking a weak disturbance that could deliver a few more flurries along with some gusty winds later in the day on Friday ahead of a milder weekend.
Friday night conditions in open areas could get a little “blowy” at times. However, much of the snow is stuck to the ground so that will make it harder for the snow to be lifted into blowing or drifting snow.
Temps on Saturday will be between zero and +2 across the south although it will be generally cloudy.
Looking a little farther down the road, models are still sorting out the timing and track of a possible snowfall on Monday that also brings in some wind. I’ll keep watching that one carefully.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: N @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 15 in the afternoon.
Friday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. SE @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 25/30 in the morning. S @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
- Updated Manitoba Tory MLAs take voluntary salary freeze
- Manitoba's government MLAs have agreed to freeze their wages until the next election, Premier Brian Pallister says.
- Flirting with fraud: Police take aim at romance scams video
- Winnipeg police are hoping to save someone from heartbreak, as well as a broken bank account.
- Analysis What forecasters mean by a major risk of flood
- Here's what the province actually expects to see in southern Manitoba in the coming weeks, based on the flood outlook published on Monday.
- Missing girl Sherrie Garson last seen a week ago, say Winnipeg police
- Winnipeg police are asking the public to help them find 16-year-old Sherrie Garson, who hasn't been seen in about a week.
- Sequins, sunglasses and 'a big party': Elton John ballet brings pop star's wild life to stage
- Love Lies Bleeding, a ballet dedicated to the life and career of Sir Elton John, opens Wednesday night at Winnipeg’s Centennial Concert Hall.