Set Shilo as default location
Current ConditionsWed May 25, 16 at 5:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 5:41 AM
Sunset: 9:30 PM
E 12 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Wed May 25, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed May 25, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT
Rain. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Amount 15 to 25 mm. Wind becoming east 30 km/h early this evening then north 20 before morning. Low 12.
Showers. Risk of a thunderstorm in the afternoon. Amount 10 mm. Wind north 30 km/h. High 17. UV index 3 or moderate.
Showers ending early in the evening then partly cloudy. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light late in the evening. Low 11.
|Showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Downspouts… check! Umbrella… check! Raincoat… check! As of 1pm, a large area of rain is moving into southern Manitoba. I’m expecting the showers to start mid afternoon in the Winnipeg area. Brandon is already seeing rain and there are some heavy downpours in that region as well. Between this afternoon and Thursday later afternoon, general rainfall amounts will be upwards of 30mm but there will be pockets of heavier rain under some of those thunderstorms. We could even see that rainfall amount double in thunderstorms. There is plenty of lightning to the south as well. These storms may reach “severe” criteria based solely on the rainfall rate (50mm in one hour). This is all due to a slow moving low anchored in the Dakotas that will continue to feed moisture into the southern part of the province for a couple of days. Friday brings cloudy skies and more showers or thunderstorms. Saturday… I’ll be optimistic and say a mix of sun and cloud with a chance of showers. Then… Sunday is cloudy again with some showers and a risk of thunderstorms.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: E @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SE @ 20/30 Wind in the morning. S @ 10/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: Calm in the morning. SE @ 20/25 Wind in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
- New Toddler marks her 200th blood transfusion in Manitoba with chocolate hugs and kisses
- On the day Bailey Phillips was born, she received her first blood transfusion. Wednesday, the two-year-old marked her 200th transfusion by giving people in Winnipeg and Brandon hundreds of hugs and kisses.
- Complaints against police up in latest numbers from Manitoba Law Enforcement Review Agency
- Complaints are up in the latest numbers released by Manitoba’s Law Enforcement Review Agency, a provincial body that deals with officers’ professional conduct in the field.
- Winnipeg motorcycle crash victim Brennan Hirayama dies from injuries
- A 44-year-old man who suffered critical injuries in a motorcycle crash on Tuesday has died.
- Winnipeg doctor Dan Lindsay wants to be leader of federal Conservatives
- A Winnipeg doctor has thrown his hat in the ring to replace Stephen Harper as the leader of the federal Conservatives.
- 'It's the right thing to do': Winnipeg business installs electric vehicle charging stations
- Two new electric vehicle chargers will soon be up and running for drivers who frequent the River Heights area.