Set Shilo as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jul 31, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Feels like: 25
Feels like: 77
Sunrise: 6:07 AM
Sunset: 9:23 PM
NW 26 km/h
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jul 31, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri Jul 31, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clear. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this evening. Low 12.
A mix of sun and cloud. 60 percent chance of showers late in the afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. High 31. UV index 7 or high.
Partly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early in the evening with risk of a thunderstorm. Low 13.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Thursday I was talking about the slight chance for a shower or stray T-Storm in the afternoon and those did show up. It was interesting to see how isolated the heavy downpours were. At 4:30, pouring downtown, but just south of Wpg…. sunshine! Today the active weather is to the east in cottage country. The radar is showing, once again, some scattered shower activity around Kenora, Dryden, Sioux Lookout and Fort Frances. We are in a consistent pattern with the Jet Stream running over Manitoba NW to SE in a line from Swan River through to the Kenora region. Under that jet, we are seeing afternoon scattered showers forming and, at times, thunderstorms. Expect the same scenario for Saturday afternoon in NW Ontario. There is also a slight chance for a stray showers around Wpg both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. The farther west and south you are (Brandon) the less chance for a shower you have. Temps should in the mid 20s over the weekend for the Red River Valley and upper 20s for the SW corner of the province. Expect low 20s for NW Ontario. The first half of next week is slightly cooler across southern MB with highs in the low 20s.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- Ebola vaccine from Winnipeg gives local African community hope
- An experimental Ebola vaccine developed in Winnipeg appears to be so effective in trials in West Africa that it has scientists with the World Health Organization saying it could be a “game-changer” in the fight against the deadly disease.
- Governments promise $495M to ease flooding around Lake Manitoba
- A $495-million plan was announced Friday to ease flooding around communities near Lake Manitoba, such as Lake St. Martin, a reserve that has been flooded-out since 2011.
- New Missing man Verlin James, 39, last seen in downtown Winnipeg
- Winnipeg police are asking for the public's help locating a man who went missing on Monday.
- Terry Fox display unveiled at Manitoba Legislature in time for August holiday
- The Manitoba government has unveiled a display honouring Terry Fox, in advance of the first Terry Fox Day to be observed in the province.
- Fundraiser to help Rinelle Harper's family exceeds $13K goal
- A fundraising campaign to help Rinelle Harper's family secure a new place to live, after their home burned down earlier this month, has exceeded its $13,000 goal days after it was launched.