Set Shilo as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 29, 15 at 6:00 AM CST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 8:16 AM
Sunset: 5:27 PM
NNE 15 km/h
Periods of light snow
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 29, 15 at 5:00 AM CST Thu Jan 29, 15 at 5:00 AM CST
Periods of light snow ending this morning then clearing. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light early this morning. Temperature falling to minus 15 this morning then steady.
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of flurries overnight. Low minus 17.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h in the afternoon. High minus 6.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-22° | -24°
-8° | -11°
-20° | -29°
-4° | -20°
-17° | -28°
1° | -18°
-18° | -24°
-0° | -11°
-19° | -26°
-2° | -15°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Expect gusty winds at 50km/h Wednesday night with a temperature droping into the mid minus teens by Thursday morning. Thursday bring a slightly brighter sky with a steady or falling temperature. We get a bit of a break Friday with a high of -8 and another little blast of snow (1-2cm) across the south. Then, the reality check…. we’ll be at around -22 by Saturday afternoon and -28 by Sunday morning.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 20/30 in the morning. S @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NNW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg power outage adds insult to injury on day 2 of boil water-advisory video
- On Wednesday, the second night of a citywide boil water-advisory, thousands of Winnipeggers were left without power after an outage swept through the Garden City and River East neighbourhoods.
- Power out for 4,000 homes until Thursday after Winnipeg outage
- A power outage swept through Winnipeg's Garden City and River East neighbourhoods Wednesday night that left 9,000 homes without power.
- Winnipeggers’ confidence shaken in city water supply video
- Winnipeg's boil water advisory will remain in effect at least until Thursday, further testing the public’s faith in its municipal water supply.
- Winnipeggers slip and slide on sidewalks after freezing rain
- Freezing drizzle advisories for Manitoba have been lifted, but it made for slippery road and sidewalk conditions into the evening Wednesday.
- Winnipeg water report cards reveal problems
- The province of Manitoba audits Winnipeg’s water once a year. Most of the grades are an impressive 100 percent - with some important exceptions.