Set Carberry as default location
Current ConditionsTue Feb 09, 16 at 10:00 AM CST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 7:59 AM
Sunset: 5:44 PM
ENE 11 km/h
Chance of flurries
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Tue Feb 09, 16 at 5:00 AM CST Tue Feb 09, 16 at 5:00 AM CST
Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries this morning. High minus 9.
Mainly cloudy. Periods of snow beginning near midnight. Amount 5 cm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h overnight. Low minus 16.
Periods of snow ending in the morning then mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Amount 2 cm. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming northeast 20 near noon. High minus 11.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Expect a mainly sunny Tuesday with an early morning temperature at -24 and an afternoon high only reaching -19 (10 degrees colder than normal). There is a band of snow moving through the southwest Tuesday night into Wednesday morning but it looks like it will track west of the Red River Valley. Winnipeg is right on the edge of that snow which moves south of the international border early Wednesday leaving behind a mix of sun and cloud. Thursday through Saturday are fairly sunny but cold. Temps will be several degrees below the seasonal normals.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 15/20 in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg's residential parking ban kicks in Wednesday morning
- The snow plows are coming, which means a lot of Winnipeggers will need to find a new place to park.
- New simulation tool lets users balance Winnipeg School Division's budget
- The Winnipeg School Division has launched an online budget simulation tool to raise awareness of how local education tax dollars are spent.
- Tots who wheeze more likely to develop asthma as teens, study suggests
- Results from a new 15-year-long study suggest kids who wheeze at an early age are more likely to develop asthma and other breathing problems as teens, a Winnipeg researcher says.
- Southern Manitoba drops back into the big chill video
- Daytime highs in southern Manitoba are plummeting below normal for the rest of this week.
- Grocery store to open on Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
- The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is officially opening a new grocery store in the community today.