Set Carberry as default location
Current ConditionsSun Dec 08, 13 at 9:00 AM CST
Feels like: -37
Feels like: -35
Sunrise: 8:22 AM
Sunset: 4:37 PM
SSW 12 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Sun Dec 08, 13 at 5:00 AM CST Sun Dec 08, 13 at 5:00 AM CST
Clear. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this morning. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light this afternoon. High minus 20. Wind chill minus 42 this morning and minus 34 this afternoon.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 31. Wind chill minus 39.
Sunny in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon and evening. High minus 21.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
-20° | -27°
-4° | -17°
-17° | -30°
1° | -22°
-16° | -25°
3° | -13°
-23° | -26°
-9° | -15°
-23° | -29°
-9° | -20°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Any time we are colder (or warmer) than the normal daily high or low temp by 10 degrees, it’s significant. Our daytime highs will be at least 10 degrees colder than normal for the next week or so. A strong upper trough is digging south into the U.S. and is going to be very stubborn. We’ll have a good dose of sunshine though so, if you are dressed for the weather, it should be a great weekend for getting outside. Our first -30 (here in southern Manitoba) is in my forecast for Sunday morning.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 15 in the afternoon.
Monday: SW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 20 in the afternoon.
- 2 people killed in head-on crash near Neepawa
- Two people are dead after a head-on crash on the Yellowhead Highway east of Neepawa, Saturday afternoon.
- New Fire causes $500K in damage at metal manufacturer
- A large fire at Hi-Qual Manufacturing Structures Ltd. in Winnipeg's Transcona neighbourhood has caused an estimated $500,000 in damage.
- Prairie deep freeze means more wind chill warnings
- Most of the Prairies continues to be locked in a deep freeze, with a number of communities under wind chill warnings, including, Regina and Winnipeg
- Curler Jennifer Jones will represent Canada at Sochi Olympics
- Jennifer Jones had a group hug with her teammates Saturday night after finally earning the right to represent Canada at the Olympics in Sochi, Russia next year with an 8-4 victory over Sherry Middaugh in the Canadian Curling Trials final in Winnipeg.
- Recap Mark Scheifele, Jets down Lightning in OT video
- Mark Scheifele scored 1:04 into overtime and the Winnipeg Jets beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 2-1 on Saturday night. Scheifele scored from the near post off a nifty pass by Blake Wheeler.