Set Carberry as default location
Current ConditionsWed Apr 01, 15 at 12:00 PM CDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 8:07 PM
NNW 12 km/h
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 01, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT Wed Apr 01, 15 at 11:00 AM CDT
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming west 40 km/h gusting to 60 early this afternoon. High 15. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clearing early this evening. Increasing cloudiness before morning. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 late this evening. Low minus 1.
Snow ending late in the afternoon then clearing. Snow mixed with rain early in the morning. Snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light late in the evening. Temperature falling to minus 4 in the afternoon.
|Snow mixed with rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
0° | -10°
32° | 14°
3° | -7°
37° | 19°
-1° | -13°
30° | 9°
2° | -11°
36° | 12°
3° | -10°
37° | 14°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
What a change a day will make. In southern Manitoba we’ll see temps in the mid teens today - then 24 hours later - below zero! It’s the same disturbance bringing 10-15cm of snow to areas just north of the big lakes. The Pas, Flin Flon, Norway House and Island Lake are currently (as of noon) under a snowfall warning. As that system tracks east tonight and into Thursday, the colder air behind it wraps around into the south. Here in Winnipeg, temps will continue to fall through Thursday to -2 by the afternoon along with a northwest wind at 40 gusting to 60km/h. We’ll also be dealing with a mixture of showers and flurries on and off through the day. Other than a few flurries overnight Friday into Saturday, our weather through the Easter weekend is fairly dry and on the cool side of normal (+6) well into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: WNW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 15/20 the morning. NW @ 10 the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg police looking for girl, 13, missing almost a month
- A 13-year-old girl has been missing for almost a month and Winnipeg police are asking for the public's help.
- 10 teens escape burning cabin in Manitoba
- Scary moments for a group of teenagers celebrating spring break at Albert Beach when the cabin they were in burned to the ground.
- Facebook page targeting Winnipeg aboriginal people pulled down
- A Facebook page that attacked aboriginal people in Winnipeg and re-ignited the racism debate in the city, has been pulled down.
- Expect mild spring, summer in Winnipeg, says Dave Phillips
- Environment Canada's weather guru says all signs point to a milder-than-normal spring and summer in Winnipeg.
- Dustin Byfuglien gets hearing for cross-check on J.T. Miller video
- The Winnipeg Jets' Dustin Byfuglien will have a hearing with the NHL for his cross-check on the Rangers' J.T. Miller, the league's Department of Player Safety announced Wednesday.