Channel-Port aux Basques, NL
Set Channel-Port aux Basques as default location
Current ConditionsSun Jan 25, 15 at 12:08 AM NST
Sunrise: 8:03 AM
Sunset: 5:14 PM
E 46 km/h
Pressure: 99.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Rain at times heavy or snow
Summary(Celsius) Sat Jan 24, 15 at 4:00 PM NST Sat Jan 24, 15 at 4:00 PM NST
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Snow beginning this evening then changing to rain at times heavy and fog after midnight. Snowfall amount 5 cm. Rainfall amount 25 mm. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming southeast 40 gusting to 60 this evening then increasing to 60 gusting to 80 except gusting to 170 in the Wreckhouse area overnight. Temperature rising to plus 5 by morning.
Rain at times heavy and fog changing to flurries near noon. Rainfall amount 10 to 15 mm. Wind southeast 70 km/h gusting to 100 except gusting to 170 in the Wreckhouse area early in the morning. Wind becoming southwest 80 gusting to 110 in the morning then west 60 gusting to 80 in the afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 2 in the afternoon.
Flurries or local snow squalls. Amount 2 cm except 5 cm in snow squalls. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Wind west 60 km/h gusting to 80. Low minus 9.
|Rain at times heavy or snow||Cloudy||Periods of snow||Flurries or rain showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
-7° | -13°
19° | 9°
2° | -7°
36° | 19°
-2° | -4°
28° | 25°
-2° | -5°
28° | 23°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Paradise convenience store loses liquor contract after 22 years
- After more than two decades in business, a small store in Paradise is losing its liquor express contract. The owner — and his customers aren't happy.
- Target closure: Which Newfoundland companies are owed what?
- Target Canada will be shutting down all its stores across the country, so which Newfoundland and Labrador companies are owed money as the retailer prepares for liquidation?
- Newfoundland Screech Rum sets sail for Germany
- The first order of Newfoundland Screech Rum has been shipped off to a distributor in Germany.
- MHA reduction 'cynical' move, but smart, for Tories video
- The Newfoundland and Labrador House of Assembly is soon to reduce the number of seats, and now it's a matter of who's going to take credit for that legislation making it through the house.
- Victims wait for word on moose class-action appeal
- The appeal hearing for people injured in moose-vehicle collisions in the province concluded on late Friday afternoon in St. John's.