Set Iqaluit as default location
Current ConditionsSun Dec 21, 14 at 12:00 AM EST
Feels like: -23
Feels like: -9
Sunrise: 9:22 AM
Sunset: 1:43 PM
N 2 km/h
Pressure: 101.2 kPa
Chance of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Sat Dec 20, 14 at 4:00 PM EST Sat Dec 20, 14 at 4:00 PM EST
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of light snow this evening and after midnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature rising to minus 22 by morning. Wind chill minus 36.
Mainly cloudy. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 19. Wind chill minus 25.
Cloudy. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 18. Wind chill minus 25.
|Mainly cloudy||Chance of flurries||Periods of snow||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Periods of snow|
-13° | -14°
9° | 7°
-15° | -18°
5° | -0°
-14° | -24°
7° | -11°
-12° | -14°
10° | 7°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Deh Gah Dog Mushers hold open class race
- For the first time in 30 years, the Deh Gah Dog Mushers Club in Fort Providence, N.W.T., is holding an open class race. That means competitors can use as many dogs as they want.
- Charges laid in Northern Lites standoff in Yellowknife
- Charges were sworn in court yesterday against a man after an armed standoff at a motel in downtown Yellowknife, but RCMP have yet to release the name of the accused.
- Opinion ArcticNet 2014 confirms Canadian Arctic research is on the rise
- Canadian Arctic science has arrived. The conclusion was clear at the Arctic Change 2014 conference in Ottawa, writes guest columnist Vicki Sahanatien.
- MUSIC Songs of solstice: here's a playlist for 24-hour darkness
- Trail's End host Allison Devereaux created a playlist to help celebrate the darkness of a Northern winter, and for comfort on the tougher days.
- Baffin Island caribou hunting moratorium to begin Jan. 1
- The Nunavut government has placed a moratorium on the hunting of Baffin Island caribou beginning on January 1. ‘This is an urgent situation,’ says Environment Minister Johnny Mike.