Set Iqaluit as default location
Current ConditionsSun Feb 26, 17 at 10:00 AM EST
Feels like: -29
Feels like: -20
Sunrise: 6:51 AM
Sunset: 4:43 PM
NW 7 km/h
Pressure: 100.2 kPa
Snow and blizzard
Summary(Celsius) Sun Feb 26, 17 at 11:00 AM EST Sun Feb 26, 17 at 11:00 AM EST
Snow. Blizzard developing late this afternoon. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming east 40 gusting to 60 this afternoon. High minus 11. Wind chill minus 32.
Blizzard ending before morning then cloudy. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind east 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming north 20 before morning. Temperature steady near minus 11.
Periods of snow. Blowing snow with visibilities frequently less than 1 kilometre in the afternoon. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind north 20 km/h becoming northwest 40 gusting to 60 in the morning. Temperature falling to minus 16 in the afternoon. Wind chill minus 27.
|Periods of snow||Periods of snow and blowing snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Ice collapses on part of unofficial ice road to West Dawson City, Yukon
- A break occurred Saturday in the unofficial ice road crossing the Yukon River to West Dawson City.
- Profile Black History Month: How a Yukon miner's parents fled the KKK
- Peter Risby, who died in 2011, was a respected Yukon miner and prospector. His family history was rich in drama - his dad was black, his mom was white, and not everybody in 1920s Kansas approved.
- Finance Canada hiring pollsters to gauge Canadians' gut reactions to budget
- When Finance Minister Bill Morneau delivers his next televised budget speech, carefully selected people from across the country will be registering their approval or disapproval of each measure he announces in real time.
- Canadian North's owner says airline is now free of NTCL debt
- The owner of Canadian North says the Northern airline is now free of any debt amassed by its former sister company - and the now-dissolved - Northern Transportation Company Limited (NTCL).
- 'Luckiest 2 guys in the Arctic' rescued by military plane training for search and rescue
- A Royal Canadian Air Force Twin Otter crew out for some search-and-rescue training accidentally found, and rescued, two Nunavut hunters.