Set Iqaluit as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 17, 17 at 11:00 PM EST
Feels like: -27
Feels like: -17
Light Snow and Blowing Snow
Sunrise: 8:52 AM
Sunset: 2:36 PM
SSE 52 km/h
Pressure: 100.1 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 17, 17 at 9:38 PM EST Tue Jan 17, 17 at 9:38 PM EST
Snow. Blowing snow with near zero visibility at times. Amount 5 cm. Wind southeast 40 km/h gusting to 60 increasing to 60 gusting to 80 late this evening. Temperature rising to minus 14 by morning. Wind chill minus 35.
Snow. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres in the morning and early in the afternoon. Amount 5 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light early in the afternoon. Temperature steady near minus 15. Wind chill minus 26.
Snow ending after midnight then cloudy. Low minus 18.
|Snow||Cloudy||Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yukon film 'Underdog' reaches wider audience online
- Two Yukon filmmakers are happy to see their short documentary reach a new audience. 'Underdog' tells the story of a musher determined to finish the Yukon Quest sled dog race.
- Nunavut Arctic College apologizes for last-minute cancellation of Inuit Studies course
- Nunavut Arctic College’s board of directors has apologized to students in the Inuit Studies program for not notifying them their program was cancelled until after they returned from Christmas break.
- In wake of auditor general's report, NWT gov't releases plan to improve support to communities
- The Northwest Territories' department of municipal and community affairs has released an action plan aimed at improving its support to community governments, following a scathing fall 2016 report from the Auditor General of Canada's office.
- Whitehorse swim club sues top athlete over fundraising, volunteer commitments
- A Whitehorse swim club has taken the unusual step of suing one of its top swimmers, alleging that it is owed thousands of dollars for a lack of effort out of the pool.
- Yellowknife RCMP charge 63-year-old with drug trafficking following Friday busts
- A 63-year-old man has been charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking after RCMP executed two search warrants in Yellowknife Friday.