Set Iqaluit as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jul 29, 14 at 1:00 PM EDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 3:35 AM
Sunset: 9:46 PM
SE 5 km/h
Pressure: 102.1 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jul 29, 14 at 11:00 AM EDT Tue Jul 29, 14 at 11:00 AM EDT
Mainly sunny. High 16. UV index 4 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. Low 7.
Clearing in the morning. High 17.
|Clearing||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
16° | 7°
61° | 45°
13° | 9°
55° | 48°
13° | 7°
55° | 45°
16° | 9°
61° | 48°
14° | 8°
57° | 46°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- NASA testing vehicles in High Arctic to use on Mars
- For the 18th year, the U.S. space agency is visiting Canada's High Arctic. The climate makes it the ideal place to test new equipment it hopes one day will be used to explore Mars.
- First Nation chiefs' salaries due to be posted under Transparency Act
- The vast majority of First Nations chiefs and band councils have yet to post online their financial statements, including the salaries and expenses of their chiefs and councillors, under new transparency rules passed by the federal government last year.
- Yukon government applies to extend 911 service
- After years of discussion, the government has submitted its application to the CRTC to expand 911 emergency service to all rural communities.
- Yellowknife council to give back Wildcat Cafe T-shirts video
- Yellowknife city council approves motion to return a local artist's T-shirts depicting the Wildcat Cafe and allows him to use the venue's trademark.
- Groups call on Yukon to salvage affordable housing program
- A builder and an advocacy group in Whitehorse are asking the Yukon government to reverse its decision on cancelled plans to build 75 rental units for low-income residents.