Set Gameti as default location
Current ConditionsSun May 19, 13 at 6:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 4:22 AM
Sunset: 11:10 PM
W 22 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Sun May 19, 13 at 4:00 PM MDT Sun May 19, 13 at 4:00 PM MDT
Partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early this evening with risk of thunderstorms. Wind becoming west 20 km/h this evening. Low minus 2.
Mainly sunny. Wind west 20 km/h. High plus 4. UV index 4 or moderate.
A few clouds. Low minus 5.
14° | 0°
57° | 32°
17° | 6°
63° | 43°
21° | 8°
70° | 46°
22° | 9°
72° | 48°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Bell Mobility to appeal ruling in 911 lawsuit
- Bell Mobility says the company plans to appeal a Northwest Territories Supreme Court ruling that says the company is liable for charging 911 fees to customers that aren't receiving the service.
- Agnico-Eagle worker found alive after blizzard
- A worker missing from Agnico-Eagle's Meliadine camp near Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, was found alive late Thursday night, after weathering a potentially record-breaking blizzard.
- Sahtu board issues draft conditions for fracking project video
- The Sahtu Land and Water Board has decided not to send a controversial drilling exploration project near Norman Wells, N.W.T., to an environmental assessment.
- Harper chief of staff resigns amid Senate expense scandal video
- Nigel Wright has resigned as Prime Minister Stephen Harper's chief of staff, following revelations he wrote a $90,000 cheque to repay living expenses claimed by Senator Mike Duffy.
- Iqaluit man faces firearms charges
- David Kunuk, 41, has been charged with careless use of a firearm, improper use of a firearm and resisting arrest.