Set Gameti as default location
Current ConditionsWed Aug 20, 14 at 6:00 AM MDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 5:56 AM
Sunset: 9:50 PM
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Aug 20, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT Wed Aug 20, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT
Clearing this morning. High 16. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clear. Low plus 4.
A mix of sun and cloud. Clearing near noon. High 16.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
17° | 5°
63° | 41°
17° | 7°
63° | 45°
16° | 9°
61° | 48°
20° | 8°
68° | 46°
19° | 9°
66° | 48°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Timeline Kuujjuaq hunters and trappers build chicken coop video
- The hunters and trappers association in Kuujjuaq, Que. is building a chicken coop. ‘It means if we run out of caribou or whales, we would help cut the cost of living up North,’ says association head Thomas Shea.
- Tuktoyaktuk road may shift tourism dollars north from Inuvik
- There are concerns the all-season road to the Arctic Ocean could be detrimental to Inuvik tourism, while putting a strain on Tuk's limited tourism infrastructure.
- PM Stephen Harper's 2014 Northern tour announced
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper is scheduled to visit Whitehorse, Fort Smith, N.W.T., then Cambridge Bay, Pond Inlet and Iqaluit in Nunavut.
- 18-year-old Kuujjuaq man injured in confrontation with police
- Investigators with the Sûreté du Québec are on their way to Kuujjuaq, Que. after an 18-year-old man was seriously injured during a confrontation with police.
- N.W.T. proposes single health superboard, regional councils video
- The Northwest Territories Department of Health and Social Services is once again looking at creating a single health superboard, and cutting some of the power of the eight health authorities.