Set Roblin as default location
Current ConditionsSun Feb 07, 16 at 9:00 AM CST
Feels like: -22
Feels like: -8
Sunrise: 8:14 AM
Sunset: 5:45 PM
NW 42 km/h
Pressure: 101.3 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sun Feb 07, 16 at 5:00 AM CST Sun Feb 07, 16 at 5:00 AM CST
Snow ending this afternoon then cloudy. Local amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 this morning then diminishing to 20 gusting to 40 this afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 10 this afternoon.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries this evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low minus 16.
Clearing in the morning. High minus 9.
|Clearing||Sunny||Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m tracking a snowy and blustery clipper crossing the region on Sunday. Snow will intensify Saturday night and so will the wind. Sunday will not be a great day to be on highways. I’m expecting 5-7cm of snowfall but winds gusting to 60km/h on Sunday afternoon so expect visibility issues on southern Manitoba highways. On Monday we’ll see some sunshine but a falling temperature as cold, Arctic air filters southward. Temps should be at around -18 by Monday afternoon and into the mid minus 20s by Tuesday morning. Current computer models are bringing more flurries in on Wednesday and more chilly weather our way for the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- Blizzard warning in effect for parts of Manitoba on Sunday
- On Sunday, as snow falls and temperatures drop, parts of Manitoba are facing a "prime opportunity" for a blizzard, according to Environment Canada meteorologist Robyn Dyck.
- Jets column: Ladd, Byfuglien and the end of the world
- The stakes aren’t as high as the possible obliteration of humanity as we know it but the continuing drama of the Andrew Ladd and Dustin Byfuglien contract situations carry a similar importance for Jets followers.
- Recap Drew Stafford, Jets hand loss to Avalanche
- Drew Stafford had two goals, including the go-ahead score, and the Winnipeg Jets beat the Colorado Avalanche 4-2 on Saturday night.
- CBC IN GARDEN HILL Manitoba First Nation complies with DNA sampling in Teresa Robinson murder case
- The community of Garden Hill First Nation is co-operating with Manitoba RCMP for an unprecedented initiative to collect hundreds of DNA samples on the reserve as part of the murder investigation of 11-year-old Teresa Robinson.
- Young Manitoban voters quiz premier, NDP brass at trivia night
- Young voters got a chance to quiz Manitoba NDP representatives Saturday at "Beer and Politics: Trivia Night," a casual get-together held at Garbonzo's Pizza Pub on the University of Winnipeg campus.