Poplar River, MB
Set Poplar River as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jul 28, 15 at 8:00 AM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Feels like: 26
Feels like: 79
Sunrise: 5:40 AM
Sunset: 9:31 PM
ESE 16 km/h
Pressure: 100.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jul 28, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT Tue Jul 28, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT
Showers with risk of a thunderstorm. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Wind becoming south 20 km/h early this afternoon. High 23. UV index 3 or moderate.
Showers ending this evening then cloudy. Showers beginning overnight. Risk of a thunderstorm. Wind south 30 km/h becoming west 30 after midnight. Low 15.
Showers with risk of a thunderstorm. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind west 30 km/h becoming light early in the morning. Wind becoming northwest 30 in the morning. High 19.
|A few showers||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
A deepening low pressure system continues to move into Manitoba from eastern Montana. Up to 70mm is expected to be on the ground in The Pas by the end of Tuesday. Here in the Red River Valley, a a slight break for the intense heat following some showers and storms toward the early morning hours of Tuesday. Tuesday brings the south a sun/cloud mix with scattered showers and thunderstorms. So… it’s either sunny… or raining on Tuesday! By Wednesday this system is pushing off to the northeast.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: SE @ 30/40 in the morning. SW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: W @ 30/50 in the morning. WNW @ 40/60 the afternoon.
Thursday: W @ 20 in the morning. W @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- Updated Rainfall pounds Winnipeg, more warnings across central Manitoba video
- Parts of Manitoba are in for a drenching on Tuesday. Rain, at times heavy, is expected across a large swath of central Manitoba.
- Tornado touches down in southwest Manitoba, lasts nearly 3 hours video
- People in southwestern Manitoba took cover Monday night as violent storms roared through the region, producing a "phenomenal" tornado that lashed trees, farmland, and roads.
- Subway restaurant workers find children unattended in hot van
- Employees of a Subway restaurant in Winnipeg say they were shocked to see two children left unattended inside a van on a hot day.
- Winnipeg ERs see more injured children in the summer, says doctor
- Summertime fun often leads to more children having to go to emergency rooms with injuries, according to a Winnipeg ER doctor.
- Korean War service in Winnipeg remembers the 'Forgotten War'
- Winnipeggers gathered on Monday to remember Canadians who fought and died in the Korean War, which ended 62 years ago.