Poplar River, MB
Set Poplar River as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 17, 17 at 8:00 PM CST
Feels like: -12
Feels like: 10
Sunrise: 8:33 AM
Sunset: 4:46 PM
SSW 34 km/h
Pressure: 99.8 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 17, 17 at 4:00 PM CST Tue Jan 17, 17 at 4:00 PM CST
Partly cloudy. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light early this evening. Low minus 5.
A mix of sun and cloud. High plus 1.
Increasing cloudiness early in the evening. Low minus 3.
|A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We continue to get milder this week and that’s not just in the south. High temps across the north are 10-15 degrees above normal today.
Expect highs close to, or above zero in the south for the next several days. Wednesday, Winnipeg hits +2 in the afternoon. Thursday will be a brighter day with breezy conditions out of the south and a high of +1.
There is some light snow and freezing rain in the Thompson region today. We may see that kind of weather across the south on the weekend. The track and timing of the precipitation and the vertical temperature profile will be the determining factors.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 20/30 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 25/30 in the morning. SE @ 20 in the afternoon.
- 'Homemade' extension cord caused blaze that destroyed family of 15's home: Fire investigator
- A "homemade" extension cord caused the fire that destroyed the home of a rural Manitoba family who have been hit by back-to-back tragedies, according to the fire investigator.
- Paper bags used by police to try to preserve evidence on Candace Derksen's hands, feet
- The second day of Mark Edward Grant's retrial in the killing of Candace Derksen, 13, began this morning and the court is hearing from witnesses who had direct contact with evidence gathered at the scene where the girl's body was found 32 years ago today.
- 2 high school girls found behind Gordon Bell suffer 'medical emergency'
- Two girls from Gordon Bell High School are in stable condition at Winnipeg's Children's Hospital after suffering a medical emergency Tuesday.
- 'Worst in 60 years': Snow-covered sidewalks leave Winnipegger stumped
- With many of Winnipeg’s sidewalks in covered in a thick layer of snow, Alan Smith says the city’s sidewalk clearing is the worst he’s seen in decades.
- Saskatchewan and federal government reach deal on health care
- Saskatchewan and the federal government have reached a health-care deal, allowing the province to get new federal money for home care and mental health. The province has also reached a separate agreement in its dispute over private MRI clinics.