Poplar River, MB
Set Poplar River as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 01, 14 at 8:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:30 AM
Sunset: 7:07 PM
WNW 29 km/h
Pressure: 99.6 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 01, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Oct 01, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Drizzle. A few showers early this evening. Fog. Wind becoming west 20 km/h late this evening. Low 8.
Drizzle and fog ending in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud. High 13.
Cloudy. A few showers beginning early in the evening. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Wind becoming north 20 km/h after midnight. Low plus 4.
|Drizzle||Periods of rain||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
7° | 0°
45° | 32°
5° | -1°
41° | 30°
8° | 1°
46° | 34°
8° | 2°
46° | 36°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Expect a generally cloudy day for the south as the main band of rain moves in to northwestern Manitoba today. There is only a slight chance of a shower across the south today and this evening. In the northwest, rainfall amounts will total 10-20mm. We’ll actually see some clearing overnight in the southeast and sunny start to Thursday. It doesn’t last. Cloud rolls back in by 2pm and another band of rain pushes west to east in the late afternoon and evening. Friday morning will be chilly, rainy and windy! Winds will gust to 60 km/h through most of the day with the morning rain easing in the afternoon. We may even see a few sunny breaks later on Friday afternoon.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: SW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 15 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Updated Stabbing of Elmwood High School student under investigation
- Winnipeg police are giving very few details about a stabbing that took place near Elmwood High School on Wednesday afternoon.
- Manitoba's child welfare system in spotlight with play about kids in care video
- Manitoba's child welfare system is certainly figuratively under the spotlight these days.
- 'Deadbeats' across Canada owe more than $3.7B in support video
- They're commonly called "deadbeats" — people who refuse to support their families after courts order them to pay — and CBC News has learned they owe more than $3.7 billion across the country for support orders.
- Manitoba orders probe into companies hired to watch kids in care video
- The Manitoba government has ordered a review of the private companies that oversee children and youth under the care of child welfare authorities, while two people who know the system well are calling for an overhaul.
- MPI CEO says former CEO McLaren getting paid $50K 'to do nothing'
- The new CEO of Manitoba Public Insurance says his predecessor is getting paid $50,000 to do nothing.