Poplar River, MB
Set Poplar River as default location
Current ConditionsSat Feb 13, 16 at 2:00 PM CST
Feels like: -31
Feels like: -24
Sunrise: 7:52 AM
Sunset: 5:35 PM
SE 25 km/h
Pressure: 102.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sat Feb 13, 16 at 11:00 AM CST Sat Feb 13, 16 at 11:00 AM CST
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 16. Wind chill minus 29.
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy after midnight. Wind southeast 20 km/h. Low minus 21. Wind chill minus 32.
Snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming south 20 km/h in the afternoon. High minus 8. Wind chill minus 25.
|Snow||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We’ll flirt with a -30 low on Friday night but Saturday, temps moderate slightly. However, the wind gets stronger on Saturday (see below). Afternoon temps on Saturday will be around -16 but the temperature will continue to rise into the evening. Cloud also moves over us here in the Red River Valley in the afternoon from west to east (earlier in the west) and brings a few cms of snow across the south Saturday night into Sunday. Sunday is a cloudy day and we really start to get milder (-6) along with more occasional light snow or flurries through the day. It’s back to a mix of sun and cloud on holiday Monday with a high close to seasonal at -7. Mid week brings another mini cold snap followed by another warm up and a cloudy second half of the week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SE @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 30/40 in the morning. S @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Calli Vanderaa, teen shot with stolen RCMP gun, sues police
- The Winnipeg teenager who was shot and seriously wounded with a stolen RCMP gun last fall is suing the RCMP.
- Arlington Street at Dufferin Avenue open following collision between pedestrian and vehicle
- Arlington Street at Dufferin Avenue has re-opened following a collision involving a pedestrian and a vehicle Saturday afternoon.
- Pfizer recalls Advil liquid products for children and infants
- Pfizer Consumer Healthcare is recalling 124 lots of Advil liquid products for infants and children because there could be inconsistent doses of ibuprofen in the products if they have not been shaken as directed before use.
- Chaos likely for MTC Warehouse Theatre on Sunday as actors perform 2 plays at the same time
- Fourteen actors will do double duty as they perform two plays at the same time in two different rooms in Winnipeg with all actors appearing in both plays.
- Indigenous workshop explores how to separate past from loving future
- Openness about sex can be a good thing, but sexuality can be about more than just the acts — it’s about your identity as a sexual and spiritual person.