Western Head, NS
Set Western Head as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jan 30, 15 at 11:00 AM AST
Feels like: -6
Feels like: 21
Sunrise: 7:39 AM
Sunset: 5:25 PM
NNE 8 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
Snow or freezing rain
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jan 30, 15 at 11:00 AM AST Fri Jan 30, 15 at 11:00 AM AST
Cloudy. High minus 1.
Cloudy. Snow beginning near midnight then changing to periods of freezing rain then changing to rain before morning. Snowfall amount 5 cm. Wind east 20 km/h becoming northeast 40 gusting to 60 after midnight. Low minus 3 with temperature rising to plus 1 by morning.
Periods of rain changing to periods of snow in the evening. Rainfall amount 20 mm. Fog patches dissipating near noon. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming light in the morning. Wind becoming northwest 30 gusting to 50 in the evening. High 6 with temperature falling to plus 2 in the afternoon.
|Periods of rain or snow||Cloudy||Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries|
-8° | -8°
18° | 18°
-10° | -15°
14° | 5°
-12° | -18°
10° | -0°
-3° | -12°
27° | 10°
-5° | -6°
23° | 21°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- New Northern Pulp emissions must be 5 times lower, says province
- The Nova Scotia government is telling the Northern Pulp mill it must reduce the amount of effluent it creates by 25 per cent, just as the new five-year operating approval for the mill in Pictou County has been made public.
- Winter weather wallop, once again, heading for Maritimes
- Environment Canada is warning anyone with plans to travel in the Maritimes on Saturday that Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island can expect hazardous road conditions.
- Supreme Court strikes down Saskatchewan law that prevents right to strike
- The Supreme Court of Canada has struck down as unconstitutional a Saskatchewan law that prevents public sector employees from striking.
- Alyssa Sippley, who lost parts of 4 limbs, celebrates birthday
- A little girl recovering in a Halifax hospital after amputations to four limbs has turned 10 years old, and people near and far are reaching out to celebrate with her.
- Cape Breton family blames icy road on transportation department
- A family living in Rural Cape Breton said their unpaved road is dangerous because its been neglected by the department of transportation.