Western Head, NS
Set Western Head as default location
Current ConditionsSun Mar 29, 15 at 7:00 PM ADT
Sunrise: 7:06 AM
Sunset: 7:41 PM
WNW 10 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sun Mar 29, 15 at 4:00 PM ADT Sun Mar 29, 15 at 4:00 PM ADT
Partly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Otherwise clear. Low minus 7.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness early in the afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h in the morning. High plus 4. UV index 5 or moderate.
Cloudy. Periods of snow beginning near midnight except periods of rain along exposed areas of the coast. Amount 2 cm. Wind south 20 km/h becoming southeast 30 after midnight. Low zero.
|Increasing cloudiness||Chance of rain showers or flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Chance of showers||Flurries or rain showers|
2° | -3°
36° | 27°
1° | -7°
34° | 19°
9° | 0°
48° | 32°
1° | -1°
34° | 30°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Updated Air Canada AC624 touched down 335 metres short of runway, TSB says video
- A TSB investigator says those on board flight AC624 are “pretty lucky” the early Sunday morning crash wasn’t more serious after their plane touched down more than 300 metres short of a Halifax runway and smashed through an antenna array before finally skidding to a stop.
- Air Canada AC624 passengers speak about ordeal video
- Here's what some of the 132 passengers on Air Canada flight 624 said after the plane crashed at Halifax early Sunday.
- Air Canada flight AC624: Hard landing or crash landing? video
- People who thought they might die as Air Canada flight AC624 slid along a Halifax runway Sunday might be forgiven for objecting when they hear the incident described as a "hard landing," but a retired military pilot says that's the correct term.
- Air Canada AC624 crash: It took 50 minutes to get everyone inside video
- It took almost an hour to get everyone off the runway and into shelter after the crash of Air Canada Flight 624, according to Peter Spurway, vice-president of the Halifax International Airport Authority.
- Air Canada AC624 crash: How events are playing out on social media
- A winter storm system was the least of the worries for travellers in Nova Scotia Sunday morning, after Air Canada flight 624 crashed on the runway. Here's how the incident had played out, so far, on social media.