Set Yellowknife as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 22, 14 at 1:00 AM MDT
Sunrise: 5:58 AM
Sunset: 9:23 PM
WNW 9 km/h
Pressure: 102.6 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 21, 14 at 7:49 PM MDT Thu Aug 21, 14 at 7:49 PM MDT
Clear. Hazy. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low plus 2.
Sunny. High 14. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clear. Low 8.
|Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of showers||Chance of showers|
18° | 10°
64° | 50°
20° | 11°
68° | 52°
17° | 11°
63° | 52°
16° | 10°
61° | 50°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Gwich’in Tribal Council gets clean audit for 2014
- An independent auditor presented a clean audit to the Gwich’in Tribal Council general assembly in Inuvik, but delegates still have questions about financial mismanagement.
- Stephen Harper announces northern research program
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced a new research program that will develop and commercialize cold-climate technology during the kick-off of his ninth annual northern tour in Whitehorse, Yukon.
- Fort Resolution raises money for family of Rhoni Beaulieu video
- The community of Fort Resolution, N.W.T., has raised almost $13,000 for the family of Rhoni Beaulieu, the 16-year-old girl who died in a house fire in the community on Aug. 15.
- RCMP in Cape Dorset arrest man with firearm without injury
- Part of Cape Dorset was cordoned off this morning while RCMP dealt with an armed man. The man has surrended to police and RCMP say charges are pending.
- Photos Snowfield fined $40K for abandoned N.W.T. mining camp
- Vancouver-based Snowfield Developments has been fined $40,000 and ordered to pay about $212,908 to cover the cost of cleaning up its exploration camp 60 km from Yellowknife.