Set Yellowknife as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 17, 17 at 11:27 PM MST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 9:42 AM
Sunset: 3:53 PM
NNW 13 km/h
Pressure: 99.4 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 17, 17 at 4:00 PM MST Tue Jan 17, 17 at 4:00 PM MST
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 25 overnight.
Cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries in the morning. Periods of light snow beginning late in the afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 11. Wind chill minus 25 in the morning.
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming east 20 km/h near midnight. Temperature steady near minus 12.
|Chance of flurries||Periods of snow||Snow||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yukon film 'Underdog' reaches wider audience online
- Two Yukon filmmakers are happy to see their short documentary reach a new audience. 'Underdog' tells the story of a musher determined to finish the Yukon Quest sled dog race.
- Nunavut Arctic College apologizes for last-minute cancellation of Inuit Studies course
- Nunavut Arctic College’s board of directors has apologized to students in the Inuit Studies program for not notifying them their program was cancelled until after they returned from Christmas break.
- In wake of auditor general's report, NWT gov't releases plan to improve support to communities
- The Northwest Territories' department of municipal and community affairs has released an action plan aimed at improving its support to community governments, following a scathing fall 2016 report from the Auditor General of Canada's office.
- Whitehorse swim club sues top athlete over fundraising, volunteer commitments
- A Whitehorse swim club has taken the unusual step of suing one of its top swimmers, alleging that it is owed thousands of dollars for a lack of effort out of the pool.
- Yellowknife RCMP charge 63-year-old with drug trafficking following Friday busts
- A 63-year-old man has been charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking after RCMP executed two search warrants in Yellowknife Friday.