Set Yellowknife as default location
Current ConditionsFri Nov 28, 14 at 6:00 PM MST
Feels like: -34
Feels like: -29
Sunrise: 9:28 AM
Sunset: 3:23 PM
WSW 18 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Nov 28, 14 at 4:00 PM MST Fri Nov 28, 14 at 4:00 PM MST
Increasing cloudiness then 30 percent chance of flurries this evening and after midnight. Clearing before morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 before morning. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 36.
Sunny. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High minus 25. Wind chill minus 42.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light near midnight. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 41.
|Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries|
-20° | -26°
-4° | -15°
-24° | -26°
-11° | -15°
-24° | -30°
-11° | -22°
-21° | -24°
-6° | -11°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Leona Aglukkaq considers legal action against Rankin Inlet deputy mayor
- Environment Minister Leona Aglukkaq says she is considering all legal options after the deputy mayor of Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, said she demanded an apology from him for making disparaging remarks about the federal Nutrition North program.
- Solomon Uyarasuk inquest: Jury begins deliberations
- The six-member jury in the coroner's inquest in Igloolik, Nunavut, is now tasked with deciding whether to find the death a suicide or ‘unclassified,’ meaning it’s not clear how Uyarasuk died.
- Advocates disappointed Yukon MP Ryan Leef’s FASD bill dropped
- Leef says a parliamentary committee on FASD will still "lead to concrete, measurable, and tangible action."
- High arsenic levels found in some Yellowknife-area lakes
- Researchers checked arsenic levels in 100 lakes within a 30 kilometre radius of Giant mine, and found some were above the recommended limit for drinking water.
- Solomon Uyarasuk inquest: Cell block left unlocked for hours after death
- The third RCMP officer stationed in Igloolik the morning Solomon Uyarasuk died in the cell block says he left the officers who had arrested Uyarasuk alone at the detachment while he notified the man's family he was dead.