Set Yellowknife as default location
Current ConditionsSat May 18, 13 at 2:00 PM MDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 4:31 AM
Sunset: 10:37 PM
S 29 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sat May 18, 13 at 11:00 AM MDT Sat May 18, 13 at 11:00 AM MDT
Mainly sunny. Wind southeast 30 km/h. High 20. UV index 5 or moderate.
Clear. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low 11.
Mainly sunny. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h in the afternoon. High 19.
7° | 1°
45° | 34°
9° | 0°
48° | 32°
14° | 3°
57° | 37°
14° | 1°
57° | 34°
17° | 5°
63° | 41°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Bell Mobility to appeal ruling in 911 lawsuit
- Bell Mobility says the company plans to appeal a Northwest Territories Supreme Court ruling that says the company is liable for charging 911 fees to customers that aren't receiving the service.
- Agnico-Eagle worker found alive after blizzard
- A worker missing from Agnico-Eagle's Meliadine camp near Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, was found alive late Thursday night, after weathering a potentially record-breaking blizzard.
- Sahtu board issues draft conditions for fracking project
- The Sahtu Land and Water Board has decided not to send a controversial drilling exploration project near Norman Wells, N.W.T., to an environmental assessment.
- Iqaluit man faces firearms charges
- David Kunuk, 41, has been charged with careless use of a firearm, improper use of a firearm and resisting arrest.
- RCMP crack down on road safety during long weekend
- RCMP across the north are using the Victoria Day long weekend as a time to remind people about road safety. It's part of a plan to make Canada's roads the safest in the world by 2015.