Set Yellowknife as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 17, 14 at 9:00 AM MDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Feels like: -15
Feels like: 5
Sunrise: 6:06 AM
Sunset: 9:08 PM
S 13 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 17, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT Thu Apr 17, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT
Sunny. Wind becoming south 20 km/h this morning. High plus 1. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 7.
Sunny. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h early in the evening. High plus 4.
6° | -5°
43° | 23°
6° | -3°
43° | 27°
6° | -4°
43° | 25°
4° | -5°
39° | 23°
4° | -6°
39° | 21°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yukoners join discussion on end-of-life care
- Members of the Canadian Medical Association were in Whitehorse last night, as part of a series of town hall meetings across Canada this spring to talk about end-of-life care.
- Medical travel takes Nunavut couple nowhere
- In the last two years, Peter and Elizabeth Alareak been sent out of Arviat, Nunavut, for medical appointments four times, only to find the appointments were never booked.
- Unanswered questions in proposed Yellowknife school swap
- At a meeting in Yellowknife last night, a high school principal said he's hearing ‘a great deal of fear from parents’ about a proposal for the Y-K1 School District to give up one of its schools to the francophone school board.
- Yukon webcam foiled as eagle family finds new nest
- The much-loved Whitehorse eagle-cam has been shut off after the family of bald eagles that used the nest the camera was aimed at moved across the road.
- 4 icebound sealers safe after airlift off Fogo Island
- Four sealers were airlifted Wednesday night from the Double N that got stuck in ice off Newfoundland's northeast coast.