Set Yellowknife as default location
Current ConditionsMon May 25, 15 at 6:00 AM MDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 4:14 AM
Sunset: 10:54 PM
NE 21 km/h
Pressure: 101.1 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Mon May 25, 15 at 5:00 AM MDT Mon May 25, 15 at 5:00 AM MDT
Sunny. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High 14. UV index 5 or moderate.
Clear. Low plus 4.
Sunny. High 14.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Inuvialuit step closer to realizing self-government
- The Inuvialuit Regional Corporation says it has finalized a self-government agreement-in-principle with the Northwest Territories and federal governments.
- New NEB and GNWT study finds 200 billion barrels of oil in the Sahtu
- The NEB and the N.W.T. Geological Survey conducted a joint study in the Canol and Bluefish shale fields near Norman Wells and Tulita.
- Companies walked away from N.W.T.'s Tundra mine with gov't consent
- Five years ago the federal government awarded a $43-million contract for remediating the Tundra mine site to two companies owned by the Tlicho Investment Corporation. The contract was expected to last until 2015.
- QIA calling for rejection of Baffinland's bid to go right to NIRB
- Qikiqtani Inuit Association president PJ Akeeagok says he’s been pushing for further public consultations on the company's request to extend the shipping season. The company wants the minister to make an exception and refer the proposal directly to the NIRB.
- Yukon's record breaking temperatures enter second week
- A heat wave across the Yukon is entering its eighth day with new records set in seven communities Saturday. But the hot, dry weather is contributing to 31 wildfires and has crews on high alert.