Set Vegreville as default location
Current ConditionsMon Sep 01, 14 at 2:00 AM MDT
Sunrise: 6:37 AM
Sunset: 8:19 PM
WSW 8 km/h
Pressure: 100.9 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sun Aug 31, 14 at 11:17 PM MDT Sun Aug 31, 14 at 11:17 PM MDT
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness overnight. Low plus 5.
Mainly cloudy. Wind becoming west 20 km/h gusting to 40 in the afternoon. High 17. UV index 4 or moderate.
Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers in the evening. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light in the evening. Low 7.
|Mainly cloudy||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
17° | 8°
63° | 46°
20° | 3°
68° | 37°
22° | 4°
72° | 39°
24° | 5°
75° | 41°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- New Canadians expose foreign worker 'mess' in oilsands
- Canadian tradesmen from a huge oilsands construction project are waving a red flag about safety hazards and near misses, which they blame on the use of foreign workers who aren’t qualified and can’t speak English.
- Alberta's minimum wage increases to $10.20 on Monday
- On Monday, 26,000 people earning minimum wage in Alberta will start seeing a slight boost in their paycheques.
- CN train cars carrying grain derail northwest of Edmonton
- The Transportation Safety Board of Canada crews are investigating after a CN train derailed northwest of Edmonton Sunday.
- Preview Mike Reilly a question for Labour Day game in Calgary
- The mystery of Edmonton's starting quarterback for the Labour Day game in Calgary on Monday (4:30 p.m. ET) will extend into game day. Mike Reilly's thumb on his throwing hand has not completely healed since he injured it last week against Toronto.
- Britain's Alistair Brownlee races to triathlon gold in Edmonton
- Olympic gold medallist Alistair Brownlee of Great Britain has further cemented his status as a big event athlete as he broke away from the field at the ITU World Triathlon Series Grand Final on Sunday in Edmonton to win by a 20-second margin.