Set Vegreville as default location
Current ConditionsThu Aug 21, 14 at 6:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 6:18 AM
Sunset: 8:45 PM
N 14 km/h
Pressure: 102.3 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 21, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT Thu Aug 21, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers this evening then partly cloudy. Low plus 4 with risk of frost.
Overcast. High 15.
Clearing near midnight. Low plus 4.
|Overcast||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
18° | 3°
64° | 37°
20° | 5°
68° | 41°
24° | 8°
75° | 46°
25° | 8°
77° | 46°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Halt transfer of Michener Centre residents in wake of deaths, opposition MLAs say audio
- Opposition MLAs are calling on the provincial government to halt the transfer of people out of the Michener Centre in the wake of claims that several residents have died since they were moved.
- Term limits for MLAs, premier proposed by Jim Prentice
- PC leadership candidate Jim Prentice said Thursday that MLAs would be limited to three terms while the premier would only be able to serve for two terms.
- New hockey video game helping Glenrose patients recover
- The Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital is using a locally developed hockey video game to help patients recover from traumatic injuries.
- Mechanically tenderized beef labels introduced for shoppers video
- Shoppers heading to the grocery store Thursday will be able to see if their beef has been mechanically tenderized. The government has introduced new labels that must clearly indicate when meat is mechanically tenderized and include instructions for safe cooking.
- New crosswalk standards take more than traffic into account
- Crosswalks where two women were hit earlier this year could qualify for upgrades under new national standards adopted by the city of Edmonton late last year