Shoal Lake, MB
Set Shoal Lake as default location
Current ConditionsSun Dec 08, 13 at 2:00 AM CST
Feels like: -41
Feels like: -42
Sunrise: 8:30 AM
Sunset: 4:39 PM
SSW 23 km/h
Pressure: 102.4 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sat Dec 07, 13 at 4:00 PM CST Sat Dec 07, 13 at 4:00 PM CST
Clear. Wind becoming west 20 km/h near midnight. Low minus 30. Extreme wind chill minus 42.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud in the afternoon. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High minus 22. Wind chill minus 42 in the morning and minus 32 in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy near midnight. Clearing before morning. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low minus 31. Wind chill minus 38.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
-21° | -28°
-6° | -18°
-21° | -30°
-6° | -22°
-20° | -28°
-4° | -18°
-22° | -27°
-8° | -17°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Any time we are colder (or warmer) than the normal daily high or low temp by 10 degrees, it’s significant. Our daytime highs will be at least 10 degrees colder than normal for the next week or so. A strong upper trough is digging south into the U.S. and is going to be very stubborn. We’ll have a good dose of sunshine though so, if you are dressed for the weather, it should be a great weekend for getting outside. Our first -30 (here in southern Manitoba) is in my forecast for Sunday morning.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Sunday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 15 in the afternoon.
Monday: SW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Recap Mark Scheifele, Jets down Lightning in OT video
- Mark Scheifele scored 1:04 into overtime and the Winnipeg Jets beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 2-1 on Saturday night. Scheifele scored from the near post off a nifty pass by Blake Wheeler.
- Free portrait event snaps smiles at Winnipeg shelter video
- A group of professional photographers is putting smiles on hundreds of faces in Winnipeg on Saturday.
- Hundreds of kids enjoy Santa breakfast at Salvation Army video
- More than 700 children enjoyed a warm breakfast with Santa Claus Saturday morning at the 20th anniversary of the Salvation Army Breakfast.
- Jennifer Jones will represent Canada at Sochi Olympics
- Jennifer Jones had a group hug with her teammates Saturday night after finally earning the right to represent Canada at the Olympics in Sochi, Russia next year with an 8-4 victory over Sherry Middaugh in the Canadian Curling Trials final in Winnipeg.
- Morris mayor says Mandela influenced the way he runs town
- The mayor of Morris, Man. says the way Neslon Mandela approached adversity has influenced the way he leads his town.